Hoofball Chapter 4: Clyde vs Edinburgh City

Isn't it strange barry ferguson reacted to fans and got slaughtered don't think there was one fan stuck up for him , got the old barry get f*** at Annan moral outrage ? Not a whimper , but today oh my goodness we have the moral majority/ PC brigade wanting a cleansing of a part of the stadium .

Discuss

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't there today. Haven't been for a wee while. Just couldn't take any more and I'm struggling to motivate myself again. 40 years of following Clyde and I can't remember being as downbeat about the club as I have been the last few months. Even when we hit the very bottom, we had Jim Duffy who gradually improved us with virtually no budget. Having said that, I was out this afternoon and was checking my phone constantly. Was going through all the emotions and I wasn't even there. It's been the same every week for a while. Got me thinking that I'd be as well being there ! 

if we can see the season out safely, we've got a chance to progress. The chairman appointment is a very good one. I've worked with Norrie Innes and he is a very positive and charismatic guy. 

Edinburgh City- saving Clyde's ass Season 2016-17... :(

At least you cnuts can't moan about the game not being entertaining this time! 

I had an inkling a 1 goal lead wasn't enough- we should have gone for it and got more goals in the first half  It must have been a good ht team talk from the Clyde manager though and the Wooly Bee play like they did in the second half they should scoop 3 points against Cowden. 

Be interesting to see which Clyde team turn up in midweek... 

Edinburgh City- saving Clyde's ass Season 2016-17... [emoji20]
I had an inkling a 1 goal lead wasn't enough- we should have gone for it and got more goals in the first half  It must have been a good ht team talk from the Clyde manager though and the Wooly Bee play like they did in the second half they should scoop 3 points against Cowden. 

Thought city played well first half, mind you thought you lot played well first game in October
Even second half you had few chances poor defending for our first two goals
Credit city did come looking to attack this time

1 hour ago, Elementary Penguin said:

Complain to the club or the council, then. But ask this; what would the club be better off without; lazy non trying wage theives, or people who have supported the club for decades and spend a sizable portion of salary watching this shite? 

Answers on a post-it note. 

The club can well do without the 'support' of those handing out the personal abuse to subs today. Don't think anyone would she'd a tear if they got banned.

8 minutes ago, Garrowhillclyde said:

The club can well do without the 'support' of those handing out the personal abuse to subs today. Don't think anyone would she'd a tear if they got banned.

Club needs all the 'support' it can get. I might not agree with the abuse handed out but they pay their money to watch and can shout what they like. Would rather them there than more empty red seats 

42 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Edinburgh City- saving Clyde's ass Season 2016-17... :(

I hope it is the team who came out for the 2nd half that turns up on Tuesday, I have a feeling it will be, today's result is a big monkey off our back. Hopefully some much needed confidence returns, it was very evident today when we got level and then went in front how much more relaxed the whole team was.

11 minutes ago, BullyweeClyde said:

Club needs all the 'support' it can get. I might not agree with the abuse handed out but they pay their money to watch and can shout what they like. Would rather them there than more empty red seats 

I'd rather those individuals didn't pay their money and were not there. I'd rather see those particular seats empty. Opinion is one thing and the players this season are far from worthy of praise, but slagging off players at a personal level warming up is beyond a joke. Quite what that is supposed to achieve I'm not sure. 

Then to claim it's a disgrace that one reacts is just laughable.

That first half was almost as bad as the Montrose game. As I said at half-time, Fergie, Gormley and Smith didn't put a foot right all half. Fortunately all three were much better after the break; Gormley in particular a good outlet against their centre halves.

Edinburgh started really well, Laird and Walker first to everything in the middle of the park, and Allan working well up front alongside the anonymous RIordan. However, once they had taken the lead they went into full Edinburgh mode when there was a second goal there for the taking. After the break, once we equalised, they neither defended nor attacked and they didn't sort themselves out until after we were in front. Following that, it was our turn to sit back and counter and the third goal was a cracker.

Edinburgh goalie has been good this season but he was all over the place today. Dropped a number of crosses and also got caught completely out of his goal by Johnston who took a poor touch and then couldn't convert. Laird was excellent in the first half but ended up far too deep in the second half. I've never really seen the fascination with Mbu either; some of his distribution today was diabolical; free-kicks punted 60 yards straight out of play. 

Main negative for Clyde was the centre halves and no amount of organisation can make up for those usual individual mistakes. McMillan was actually decent throughout bar two dreadful errors in the second half that could have led to goals. Smith was hopeless in the first half but hopefully he's turned things around with a much better second half. Still really wobbly there and they'll have a physical threat to deal with on Tuesday with Renton.  They had numbers on us in the centre of the park too often (going to happen with 3 v 2 in there) but both Johnston and Ferguson put in a far better defensive performance after the break; they got on a lot of the second balls around the edge of our own box. Full backs were good covering into the centre as they didn't have much to deal with directly with Edinburgh's 352; McNiff's last ditch tackle in particular. McLaughlin did okay, Flynn is now starting to look a lot sharper and like in his previous games, he ends up having three/four shots on goal. Only really MacDonald (and what a superb goalscorer he is, last Saturday aside!) can match that.

A win on Tuesday is crucial as it means we can start prepping for next season and what will hopefully be big chances throughout the club. Quinn/Gibson struggling with injury, McNiff and Gormley both suspended (even though the stats don't seem to show Gormley being booked since the Elgin game?!) so we'll need to make a couple of changes. 

Just now, Elementary Penguin said:

No one is claiming anything of the sort. I'm glad he/they reacted. I said as much at the time. It showed something we've not seen in months. 

As for what you, personally would rather, then i'd again ask you, formally if you like, take it up with the club. You might just be doing us all a favour. 

One was shouting exactly that when mckenzie reacted.

Thank (insert preferred entity here) for that! Wasn't at the game but ridiculously surprised/relieved to see we finally managed to win a game.

As for those bleating about abuse being dished out to the players - grow up. The players may not be wholly to blame but they've served up some of the most honkingly shite "football" I've ever had the misfortune to witness.

This may be the result that marks the turnaround and safety but we're still flirting with relegation with the reckless abandon of a wanton whore. 

You want to ban the critics but what you fail to realise is that we NEED harsh critics among our support. If we were all to just quietly accept shit performance after shit performance, guess what you're gonna get? 

The steriod looking guy in defence for Clyde, is it true his nickname is "Junior"   :thumsup2

He looked more suited to be playing at Murrayfield today.  8)

And he should have seen red in the 2nd half for another bookable offence. 

2 minutes ago, Lordy said:

The steriod looking guy in defence for Clyde, is it true his nickname is "Junior"   :thumsup2

He looked more suited to be playing at Murrayfield today.  8)

And he should have seen red in the 2nd half for another bookable offence. 

Yes, that's his name. Interesting fact - "Jr" is related (by blood) to Sloth from The Goonies. Slag him at your peril!

1 minute ago, Elementary Penguin said:

I'll take your word for it, because i didn't hear exactly what was said at that point, but 'who/what the f**k are you talking to/saying' hardly equates to offence at him responding. We had a young team dude trying to square up to a bunch of grown men right between the stairwell where you and i sat today, shouting and bawling at anyone who'd listen. He sat down only after being told to f**k off, he certainly wasn't being restrained by anyone in the 'quieter' section. Funnily enough no mention of that. Two examples of threatening behaviour, neither of which could scare my fucking cat, yet both condoned and defended while mere words cut right to the bone. Perr sowls.

Think he took offence to being called a f***ing midget and waste of space.

I never seen there reaction after City had scored, it was only when they were walking back to the dugout that they seemed to be picked out for a good bit of verbal from the Clyde fans at the back, i did find it strange that they were picking on the subs considering they were not on the park, and then the player took exception to the midget call and he told the players to come down and say it to his face, he was then pulled away and told to take a seat in the dugout, then Clyde fans turned on the moaners and it got a bit heated amongst you lot at the back with a fare bit of arguing going on for a bit.

Looks like it had the desired affect on your team. 

The abuse is Higgins was horrible.

Clyde played well second half - hopefully willl now will play with a bit of confidence on Tuesday. If we win, we should be clear.

Luckily for you Jr is a gentleman and will no doubt put your snide remarks down to naivety. Our Junior wouldn't touch steroids....unless of course they were smothered in beef gravy and encased in puff pastry. 

In all seriousness, Jr's physique has been the butt of many a joke this season but I don't think his fitness is an issue - he's just stout as f*ck. That said, he'd probably benefit from an increase in shirt size. Is there room in the budget for an XXL??

7 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

Luckily for you Jr is a gentleman and will no doubt put your snide remarks down to naivety. Our Junior wouldn't touch steroids....unless of course they were smothered in beef gravy and encased in puff pastry.

:) Brilliant line there, I was eating a bacon roll and fair near choked with laughing!!  Fantastic!!!

Archived