Scotland V England

mizfit

England will easily win.  As stated they aren't very good and are flat track bullies because they are easily better than us.

There aren't that many horribly objectionable characters in that Engalnd squad either, very dull.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
England will easily win.  As stated they aren't very good and are flat track bullies because they are easily better than us.
There aren't that many horribly objectionable characters in that Engalnd squad either, very dull.

Raheem sterling is a bit of a wee knob.

This game is very winnable and should be viewed as such.   England has marginally better players than us, but the gulf isn't insurmountable.   A comment was made a few posts ago about how the strength of the England team is with their full backs.   Tierney and Robertson are also excellent footballers.    

If we set up correctly ( to not allow space behind), select pacey counter-attacking players, we can win this game.    

I'd expect Strachan to play 3 central midfielders for this one.   Brown, Morrison and Armstrong.  

Griffiths has to start up front.   

The Goalie will be Gordon and the fullbacks are nailed on.  

The only real decisions are the 2 wide attackers:  Forrest promises but has no final delivery.   Snodgrass has no pace but can deliver.   Fraser and Anya would start for me.   

This game is very winnable and should be viewed as such.   England has marginally better players than us, but the gulf isn't insurmountable.   A comment was made a few posts ago about how the strength of the England team is with their full backs.   Tierney and Robertson are also excellent footballers.    

If we set up correctly ( to not allow space behind), select pacey counter-attacking players, we can win this game.    

I'd expect Strachan to play 3 central midfielders for this one.   Brown, Morrison and Armstrong.  

The only real decisions are the 2 wide attackers:  Forrest promises but has no final delivery.   Snodgrass has no pace but can deliver.   Fraser and Anya would start for me.   

If Anya starts it has to be on the wing.
Shame we have failed to blood Fraser by now as he's playing and performing well at a better level than anya

Just now, Gordopolis said:

If Anya starts it has to be on the wing.
Shame we have failed to blood Fraser by now as he's playing and performing well at a better level than anya

I hate the term "playing at a higher level" 

It cost us dearly in the last campaign when Anya was replaced by the inferior Ritchie and we lost out on performance and results.  

Against England, we will be defending and striking on the break.    We should be selecting a team that will aim to win the game,  not a fantasy football selection.  

England are a slightly above average team that completely collapse under any sort of pressure.

In qualification they aren't under any pressure and they will go into the game knowing they have better players all across the park and that they have beaten us comprehensively in the last two.

Unless we can go into the latter stages with a lead and still be causing them problems I think England will be pretty confident about their chances.

It's not impossible for us to get a result because England aren't world beaters but they are still the better team and the better team usually wins. 

Fingers crossed for an upset though.

I actually agree with PB here (and with his choice of Kia). The level they are playing at is not necessary a reflection of their talent.

Come on guys, wake up - Anya has been dormant for the best part of two years. And in the latter half of that same period, Fraser has been explosive.

Love Anya, but he's just not on it right now.

1 minute ago, Gordopolis said:

Come on guys, wake up - Anya has been dormant for the best part of two years. And in the latter half of that same period, Fraser has been explosive.

and Richie has played his part in Newcastle's victory.   It's this type of idiots argument which is why we are struggling.   

Can you believe Strachan played Snodgrass and Ritchie and Snodgrass against Slovakia!   

Until we weed out these clowns, we'll be stuck in the rot.   

While its very easy to sort, we need to educate the idiots who are wrecking it all for everyone.  

and Richie has played his part in Newcastle's victory.   It's this type of idiots argument which is why we are struggling.   

Can you believe Strachan played Snodgrass and Ritchie and Snodgrass against Slovakia!   

Until we weed out these clowns, we'll be stuck in the rot.   

While its very easy to sort, we need to educate the idiots who are wrecking it all for everyone.  

Snodgrass-Ritchie-Snodgrass?

I admire Strachan for being able to clone Snodgrass, tbh.

Seriously though, while playing level isn't everything, Anya hasn't been a matchwinner for us for a while. Fraser is untried, but you have to think he's near the top of our on form/potential options right now. It's not at all idiotic to suggest he should have had a run out before now. Indeed, the questionable lack of a pre-England friendly looks even more silly now.

6 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Snodgrass-Ritchie-Snodgrass?

I admire Strachan for being able to clone Snodgrass, tbh.

Seriously though, while playing level isn't everything, Anya hasn't been a matchwinner for us for a while. Fraser is untried, but you have to think he's near the top of our on form/potential options right now. It's not at all idiotic to suggest he should have had a run out before now. Indeed, the questionable lack of a pre-England friendly looks even more silly now.

I agree with you re:fraser.   I'm picking him purely on the basis that Forrest isn't very good. 

Name me the game which you reckon Anya was poor.   I think he's been fine or good ( never outstanding) in all  games for Scotland. 

I agree with you re:fraser.   I'm picking him purely on the basis that Forrest isn't very good. 

Name me the game which you reckon Anya was poor.   I think he's been fine or good ( never outstanding) in all  games for Scotland. 

Anya's usually been okay-good and in three or four games very good. Poor? Georgia away; I still wince at that moment where he skinned his man, had ten yards or so of space to cut in and drill a cross or layoff in, but inexplicably checked back. It was as if he thought he was Matt Ritchie for that moment.

As I say though, no beef with Anya. If he starts, fair enough, but it has to be on the wing.

Enthusiasm and work-rate can bridge the gap.

As said previously, if we stand any chance of winning this match then we must go into the game with a positive mindset and with a positive game-plan. If we go into the game asking the team to defend, soak up the pressure, and then counter with Forrest, then we will get beaten by three clear goals.

Guest DAVIDB69

Griffiths doesn't have to start he hopelessly out his depth at this level

9 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

I was talking about the phrase 'playing at a higher level' and not specifically about Anya. Charlie Adam plays at a "higher level" than Ritchie, but which one would you rather have in the team? 

England will win this 3-0. 

Did we ever get an answer to why Ritchie wasn't selected?  It seems utterly bizarre, given the season he's had.  Then again, Gordon Strachan is incompetent and thinks Celtic vs England is the way to go.

Did we ever get an answer to why Ritchie wasn't selected?  It seems utterly bizarre, given the season he's had.  Then again, Gordon Strachan is incompetent and thinks Celtic vs England is the way to go.

Someone posted he was injured.

we are hopeless at centre back. we will need Brown and whoever is sitting with him to have massive games to make up for that. I think we have enough to trouble England going forward. we seem to create chances its just we cant put them away. perfect time for Griffiths to stand up and make a massive impact.

Baffling amount of writing off of England. They're nowhere near the top table in terms of international football but they're still streets ahead of us in pretty much every position. That doesn't mean we can't win, we very much can, but saying their players are "marginally better" is ludicrous.

Archived