Caledonian Braves (previously Edusport Academy)

Baxter's Nutmeg

5 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Be interesting to see who the “general manager” is creaming off $240,000 (£160,00). Not a bad we earner for someone in Tier 5 football.

I wonder if the general/commercial manager with the nice salary will end up being the main man himself. 🤔

As far as I can tell there are no ‘shares’ in the legal sense, just some sort of vague offering that may or may not really exist.

I’ll maybe try and convince the Broxburn committee to do something similar. 
Get Michael Caton-Jones (of Memphis Belle fame and a Broxburn lad) interested and bring a bit of Hollywood glamour like the Wrexham boys.

You Never know instead of Welcome to Wrexham on Netflix it might be B*gg*r off Back to Broxburn 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

16 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

I’ve been watching this with some interest.

Crowdfunding is a load of pish, but that’s entirely the prerogative of the people throwing their money away. For the recipient, it’s an excellent way to raise funds. So the fact that donors might not make any money back doesn’t have a bearing on how well the club might operate. 

I’d also add that some of these donors are relatively successful businessmen and Scottish diaspora. You see them offering a lot of vocal support on LinkedIn. I’d be surprised if they also not offering a more formal level of support behind the scenes.

If they use this initial funding wisely - and then continue to raise in some form or another - I don’t see why they can’t push quite high in the league system.

Having said that - I hate them. I hate the branding, the colours, the logo, the twee ultra-Scottish tartan-bedazzled aura around the whole experiment. Minging. 

Worst away day in the league, personally - and they've got some competition.

On 06/06/2024 at 18:44, The Other Foot said:

I’ve been watching this with some interest.

Crowdfunding is a load of pish, but that’s entirely the prerogative of the people throwing their money away. For the recipient, it’s an excellent way to raise funds. So the fact that donors might not make any money back doesn’t have a bearing on how well the club might operate. 

I’d also add that some of these donors are relatively successful businessmen and Scottish diaspora. You see them offering a lot of vocal support on LinkedIn. I’d be surprised if they also not offering a more formal level of support behind the scenes.

If they use this initial funding wisely - and then continue to raise in some form or another - I don’t see why they can’t push quite high in the league system.

Having said that - I hate them. I hate the branding, the colours, the logo, the twee ultra-Scottish tartan-bedazzled aura around the whole experiment. Minging. 

You'd never have heard of them but for one man in the Scottish Junior FA who basically kidded the arse of the Juniors clubs in relation to the pyramid. The SFA under pressure from UEFA were told get your house in order. When the SFA couldn't wait on the Juniors any longer they went ahead with the LL. 

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Westhamich Albion said:

Braves playing in the Fenix trophy this year. Hopefully be a fun away trip!! 

Never heard of the thing until you posted it. Unfortunately the Braves don’t meet the criteria mentioned on Wikepedia in any shape or form;

Semi-professional and amateur teams from across Europe are invited to play in the competition based on exceptional social, historical and cultural significance.

Guess the owner has maybe bought his way in, using the ‘shareholders’ money for a nice wee overseas jolly.

7 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Never heard of the thing until you posted it. Unfortunately the Braves don’t meet the criteria mentioned on Wikepedia in any shape or form;

Semi-professional and amateur teams from across Europe are invited to play in the competition based on exceptional social, historical and cultural significance.

Guess the owner has maybe bought his way in, using the ‘shareholders’ money for a nice wee overseas jolly.

Or perhaps the club has been invited as it is doing something a bit different...? 

4 minutes ago, Westhamich Albion said:

Or perhaps the club has been invited as it is doing something a bit different...? 

If the case they must seriously have been struggling to fill the small number of places in the competition.

5 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

So with Caley Braves in this European trophy and a few Clubs having enrolled for the Junior Cup, is there any time left to actually play LL fixtures ?

11 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

So with Caley Braves in this European trophy and a few Clubs having enrolled for the Junior Cup, is there any time left to actually play LL fixtures ?

No point to the league anymore. No team in the HL, that will actually win that league, will get a bronze licence, and with EK winning the LL till the end of time, then bottling the play-off, order is restored and Scottish Football returns to its rightful closed-shop status. 😁

The force is at balance.

10 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

No point to the league anymore. No team in the HL, that will actually win that league, will get a bronze licence, and with EK winning the LL till the end of time, then bottling the play-off, order is restored and Scottish Football returns to its rightful closed-shop status. 😁

The force is at balance.

Apart from Brechin City, Banks O'Dee and potentially Buckie in September.

On 18/07/2024 at 18:49, bigwullieac said:

Got to admit fleecing anoraks of thousands of pounds to go on a wee European holiday is genius business

I was wondering about the Caley Braves signings now they apparently had some extra cash to spend that they were perhaps waiting until East Kilbride moving up before they splashed their cash from their American investors but nah just spending it mostly on this European jolly unless they get an English team of course. Also I don't understand why Caledonian Braves LTD are dissolved company on Companies House but Edusport are still active with a healthy cash balance to be fair. Surely they should still be called Edusport or was Caledonian Braves just a fake gimmick 😂🤔

Edited by Shannon

On 06/06/2024 at 14:29, Blowin In the Wind said:

Be interesting to see who the “general manager” is creaming off $240,000 (£160,00). Not a bad we earner for someone in Tier 5 football.

Someone close 2 Chris ewing if not himself lol. Whole thing smells a horse sh#te

Mon the papers