Caledonian Braves (previously Edusport Academy)

Baxter's Nutmeg

Some very interesting points raised in the youtube link. Will be interesting if Chris Ewing responds to it in any way at all. I highly doubt the American investors will get any of their 'investment' returned but suppose not different from most clubs but clearly they only have a say on what Chris Ewing wants them to have a say on as he still has a 75% share in the club - the investors have never been able to vote on the relegation from Lowland League for example...wonder why.

Seems to be a lot more money in Edusport Academy then Caledonian Braves going by Companies House. Need a football finance expert to sort through it all though.

Edited by Shannon

On 18/05/2024 at 09:25, Burnieman said:

Maybe someone can better explain what is going on here.  I assume these people are buying shares in Braves as an investment thinking they can make a profit? where does the profit come from? Braves aren't worth a bean.  

Chris F
Hello, I'm new to all of this so apologies if these are basic questions. I see investor perks at roughly 1 "share" per $100. How many shares are currently being made available and what percentage of the club does this represent? Are there plans for future funding rounds / share sells and would that dilute any current shares that exist?

Christopher Ewing
Founder And CEO
Hi Chris

50% of the authorized shared are outstanding and the club is offering 25% of the total authorized shares now. We intend to offer the final 25% in future raises. Our aim is to make the Braves a 50 + 1 club similar to what we see in Germany.

Adan Farrah

How will the investors make a profit 

Christopher Ewing
Founder And CEO

Investors may make a profit by earning dividends (dividends are not guaranteed) or by a rise in stock value should the club be sold in the future or by the ability to sell shares on a marketplace (should that become possible). The shares offered are restricted securities and cannot be sold by investors on an exchange and will not be able to be sold on an exchange unless they are registered in the future. Currently, we do not plan to register the shares in the near future.

As I was asking a few months ago...

Takes a Yank to raise the flag rather than our own useless football media, or SFA.

8 hours ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

Very interesting and well worth 20 minutes for anyone who has wondered about this.

The guy pulls no punches at all, absolutely scathing of the whole thing, but he backs his opinions up.

He’s very knowledgeable about Scottish football (he’s an American guy), even down to how hard it is to get out the Lowland League compared to non league in England.

1 minute ago, Brazilianlex said:

Not a good look for Chris Ewing or Ricky Little who seem to be the Edusport arm of the Braves and the main financial beneficiaries of this “venture”

Wonder if they will respond ?

Ewing usually can’t help himself, I’m sure he will be out with a counter video soon

On 26/07/2024 at 17:03, Drifter said:

Last season at FC United, for our two group home games we attracted a combined crowd of around 1,000 (paying on verage a tenner a time), which effectively paid for the travel to the away games. As members/co-owners, we have said, though, that if it isn't financially viable for us then we wouldn't / couldn't compete. 

I think we take an official group of between 20 and 25 with players (often with just a couple of players on the bench,), staff, coaches etc. I certainly doesn't work out at more that £250 per head (if done right) because, as you say, it's cheap flights and one or two of nights in cheap accomodation. 

But, yeah, with the crowd they'll get for Caledonian Braves against Venus Bucuresti tie, I can't see that gate covering their costs (though luckily for them it won't be too expensive getting to and staying in Bucharest).

I wanted my team Clydebank to give it a go, but actually seeing the trips FC had, including the one where the floodlights cut out etc, im right off it. The first away game to Milan looked the business though. Caley braves are the football equivalent of one of those ‘become a Scottish laird’ things Americans buy over the internet and think they’re actually becoming landed gentry!

• 2 weeks later...

Again this season, the Lowland league I'd say is the strongest its ever been and thus each team having to improve upon last season's team, so with that what is the view of the Braves team this season, obviously early but are they stronger than last season or they weaker in certain areas than last season.?

I watched them last season against East Kilbride in a 0.0 and to be fair it was a fairly even game, not many chances but Braves defense were very strong and to be fair, so were EK's defense.  It was fecking freezing and such a bleak day and was hoping for a cracker of a match but it was an ok game with a few balls coming off the bar etc.. but the game was quite tense being a derby and both teams seemed to cancel each other out

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread