1 hour ago, Kyle said:

IpsosMori poll:
Conservative 49%
Labour 34% +8
Lib Dem 7% -7
Green 3% +2
UKIP 2% -2
Other 5% -1

IpsosMori tend to underestimate labour in their polls too. The lib dems have completely shat the bed. 

All Labour have to do is make up another 8 points by this time next week and it might start to look like a competition :lol:

21 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

This isn't a Free Kirk or Free Presbyterian issue.  The Westminster Confession is the Kirk's standard, second only to holy writ, and describes the Pope as, "That man of sin and son of perdition".

The point I made over The OBF that it, "castigates football fans over everyone else" is absolutely right and isn't limited to the FTP brigade.  So a racist comment made at football attracts greater punishment than a racist comment made elsewhere.  This has got to be wrong, seeing as football is less racist than Scottish society in general.  Oh and racism in general society is much greater than the vestiges of sectarianism in football.

So I see it as a blunt instrument which is tackling the wrong issues.

Some good points there and I wouldn't oppose a re-think of the Act.

However, football disproportionately contributes to many of Scotlands society problems or at least when they surface, it is often within the context of a football game or concerning fans from certain clubs - from racism and sectarianism to domestic abuse.

Equally though - I don't feel threatened by it and I'm a football fan. Simply because I don't feel the need to express my politics in that domain - no more than I would sing whatever song when I go shopping. It does seem ironic that football fans can generally, though not always, keep their political and religious tribalism under wraps when at work, at the shops, in restaurants, in the gym etc...

SNP: 42% (+1)

CON: 29% (+1)

LAB: 19% (+1)

LDEM: 6% (-1)

First Scotland only poll I've seen in a while. 4% must be divided between greens and UKIP, so I suspect the SNP/labour/lib dem vote may get a boost from the lack of green candidates in Scotland.

8 hours ago, Kyle said:

SNP: 42% (+1)

CON: 29% (+1)

LAB: 19% (+1)

LDEM: 6% (-1)

First Scotland only poll I've seen in a while. 4% must be divided between greens and UKIP, so I suspect the SNP/labour/lib dem vote may get a boost from the lack of green candidates in Scotland.

Interesting that there is no signs of Labour recovery in Scotland when the last few UK polls have seen big Labour gains (even as those gains fail to dent the overall Tory lead).

The SNP lead will be 1 or 2 points bigger as the Green vote will break their way for the most part - not sure that'll help a whole lot in the rural Tory target seats.

If Labour did recover a few points from the Tories, it'd make all the difference to the number of seats the SNP win.

30 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Again in most of these surveys it is the over 50s who are most likely to vote Tory, think Ruthie is a wee gem, voted leave and would vote naw to indy again.

This is regardless of the f@ck up that is being made of our country, and the fact the unionists are after their pensions.

Were they indoctrinated in servility at school or somethin?

1 hour ago, git-intae-thum said:

Again in most of these surveys it is the over 50s who are most likely to vote Tory, think Ruthie is a wee gem, voted leave and would vote naw to indy again.

This is regardless of the f@ck up that is being made of our country, and the fact the unionists are after their pensions.

I suppose we have to hope that May's great house grab for social care policy gets a good airing up here. It might be enough to sway a few pensioners.

3 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

Funnily enough, my gran (in her mid 80s), frequently recalls that when she was at school, the teacher said that one day they might have to consider whether Scotland should "leave England", and that they should not in any circumstances consider it, because we "are a small island". This would have been during the war.

Basically yes. Singing the whole of the "national" anthem at cubs, playing British bulldog, reading every comic featuring heroes of the empire, Braddock and Bourne, Biggles, supporting England winning the world cup etc. There was very little about Scotland anywhere on TV and radio. We got about brochs and crannogs in first years history but o grades were about the Victorian age, the Tudors, WW1 and the Russian Revolution. My grandad was a great guy, a top mason and a tradesman, but that meant he voted Tory because the labourers voted for labour and was totally subservient to the aristocracy, the royal family and all things "empire". Hope that answers your question. This list is only the tip of the iceberg too.

On 5/18/2017 at 01:38, AUFC90 said:

Not surprised that a Rangers fans disagrees with the OBF act tbh.

This is the stock response when I've posted about this before and I fail to see why.  It's not like the act is limited to supporters of two teams nor are the arrests.  Nor is it just about singing naughty songs.  From memory the arrests reported have been roughly in line with the support for the various clubs...so about 1/3rd 'us', 1/3rd 'them' and 1/3rd diddies.  Ergo, it's not a piece of OF legislation but one which affects everyone.  You may, though, be one of the "I'm well behaved so I don't give a f**k" ostriches.

20 hours ago, Crùbag said:

Some good points there and I wouldn't oppose a re-think of the Act.

However, football disproportionately contributes to many of Scotlands society problems or at least when they surface, it is often within the context of a football game or concerning fans from certain clubs - from racism and sectarianism to domestic abuse.

I think we're in agreement on most things but I'd take issue re. football and domestic abuse.  Linking it to football is to trivialise it. I've discussed domestic abuse before and, such is the extent of the problem, that one needs to look at friends and colleagues as the abusers rather than the stereotypical, sovvy-ring-wearing WATP knuckle-dragger.

I think we're in agreement on most things but I'd take issue re. football and domestic abuse.  Linking it to football is to trivialise it. I've discussed domestic abuse before and, such is the extent of the problem, that one needs to look at friends and colleagues as the abusers rather than the stereotypical, sovvy-ring-wearing WATP knuckle-dragger.

^^^ used to knock his ex wife (Swedish dontcha know) about, loads after an old firm result type post IMO.