Craig Whyte Trial

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can remember Rangers fans saying that Whyte would never be able to walk the streets again, he'd have to move to Jupiter to escape the wrath of the bears, Some even said they wouldn't be surprised if someone done him serious harm, even kill him, for taking a club as big as Rangers down.

Fast forward a few years and he's walking about Glasgow without a care in the world:lol:

11 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

I can remember Rangers fans saying that Whyte would never be able to walk the streets again, he'd have to move to Jupiter to escape the wrath of the bears, Some even said they wouldn't be surprised if someone done him serious harm, even kill him, for taking a club as big as Rangers down.

Fast forward a few years and he's walking about Glasgow without a care in the world:lol:

It's brilliant, isn't it?  :lol:

4 hours ago, Stauner said:

Sir Craig chilling in Princes Square with a cool pint...he's so handsome

whyte22.jpg

But but but he'll no be able to show his face in Glasgow again!

That'll be an expensive pint at that address, about 6 Rangers worth I'd guess.

16 hours ago, milton75 said:

I see that a Rangers fan who actually knew what was going on in the trial has said James Doleman's tweet were a pretty accurate reflection.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1spu9pd

Why then was one of our own posters, who had no direct understanding of the case, so keen to decry "Dole Man" at every turn?

Cos he's a thick c**t.

Do I win a prize?

23 hours ago, milton75 said:

I see that a Rangers fan who actually knew what was going on in the trial has said James Doleman's tweet were a pretty accurate reflection.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1spu9pd

Why then was one of our own posters, who had no direct understanding of the case, so keen to decry "Dole Man" at every turn?

Simply because of the grey and green shite hiring an unemployed Celtic supporter to tweet on an inconsequential trial.  His updates may or may not have been fine.but that he was paid to do so was grotesque.

26 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Simply because of the grey and green shite hiring an unemployed Celtic supporter to tweet on an inconsequential trial.  His updates may or may not have been fine.but that he was paid to do so was grotesque.

I'm not sure I understand your concerns, Kinky.  

Why is it OK for a professional BBC man, paid for by all license-holders, or a newspaper court reporter, paid for by an increasingly web-based media, to report/tweet from the courtroom but not for Doleman, paid for by those Celtic fans interested in a specific trial?

9 minutes ago, The DA said:

I'm not sure I understand your concerns, Kinky.  

Why is it OK for a professional BBC man, paid for by all license-holders, or a newspaper court reporter, paid for by an increasingly web-based media, to report/tweet from the courtroom but not for Doleman, paid for by those Celtic fans interested in a specific trial?

Your answer is in the question, chief.

Edit:  How much did you contribute?

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Your answer is in the question, chief.

So, reporting should only be done by those employed by a TV company or by a 'real' newspaper?  Personally, I wouldn't count on the Scottish media to report a car crash properly, never mind a... ah, OK.

I'm still puzzled by your attitude.  I've never thought of you as being hidebound.

16 minutes ago, The DA said:

I've never thought of you as being hidebound.

I'm not.  I do find paying an unemployed bloke to report on a show trial puzzling - no matter who you support.  I also find having 5 live threads on said sideshow perplexing.  Then again, my main interest is Rangers  and that puts me in the majority on P&B.

Why does dole man need to raise thousands to 'report' on a trial?

I'm sure that he's Glasgow based so it wouldn't cost him much to get there, a piece n cheese slices and a fruit shoot for lunch surely wouldn't break the bank...

That wasn't what was being said though, was it?

The repeated implication was that his reporting was of dubious veracity.

At the time I assumed that this was because certain parties didn't want to believe the content of tweets, but now you've explaining that it went further... that the content was of less importance than disdain for the source?
Well, now I understand the real extent of the finger-in-the-ears contingent.

Consider this; if less Rangers had kept their fingers in the ears over the previous 15 years, perhaps your owners wouldn't have been allowed to (pretty easily, all things considered) let your club die.
But they did.

Archived