Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

Aye, if it brings down Sturgeon its a disaster a few weeks before an election and hell mend her for jeopardising things at such a critical time, but if not I just don't care that much.  My SNP vote is not for any one individual.
Equally if it brings down Sturgeon and Cherry gets anywhere near the leadership, then my vote goes elsewhere. You can blame that on whoever you want, , but I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. Maybe you should ask yourself if this particular hill is worth risking the independence you crave.

3 minutes ago, magic sign said:
1 hour ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:
Aye, if it brings down Sturgeon its a disaster a few weeks before an election and hell mend her for jeopardising things at such a critical time, but if not I just don't care that much.  My SNP vote is not for any one individual.

Equally if it brings down Sturgeon and Cherry gets anywhere near the leadership, then my vote goes elsewhere. You can blame that on whoever you want, , but I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. Maybe you should ask yourself if this particular hill is worth risking the independence you crave.

Cherry isn't an MSP, it would be Swinney or maybe Forbes.

I think its sad you base that on the misconception she's a transphobe when she's nothing of the sort, but its your vote.

14 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

To use the argument that all the ba’athites are using on its head, it’s amazing that Cherry et al are willing to sacrifice almost nailed on independence just because of their bigotry. Its amazing that Salmond is willing to sacrifice almost nailed on independence just because of his failure to accept hes a dirty lecherous wee man. 
Saw someone refer to wings over stuarts ego as ‘Rev’ stu, can we please not do that? Its no different to calling Stephen Yaxley Lennon ‘Tommy Robinson’, funny though both have similar personality traits as do their followers. 

I find it incredibly sad you refer to Salmond as a lech.  And its very telling about you. In our society what more can a man do to clear his name than go to court and win?  Yet for some he's still guilty. As I said, it says an awful lot about you, and none of it good.

Just now, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I find it incredibly sad you refer to Salmond as a lech.  And its very telling about you. In our society what more can a man do to clear his name than go to court and win?  Yet for some he's still guilty. As I said, it says an awful lot about you, and none of it good.

Except his entire defence was, "I'm a lech but not a criminal one" - and is probably about right.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Except his entire defence was, "I'm a lech but not a criminal one" - and is probably about right.

Wilful ignorance.

His 'entire defence' was 'those things never happened'. The jury agreed.

What is it about an innocent man being acquitted of crimes he didn't commit that you can't deal with?

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Nope, that wasn't the case at all, though that is the narrative being told.

His entire case was these things did not happen, with one exception, and a judge and majority female jury agreed with him. Its just a lie people tell that that was his defence, it was not. He denied these events ever took place.  

1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I mean one of them records showed the woman in question was not even in the same building as Alex Salmond at any time on the day in question.

That's perjury.  Yet he will be smeared the rest of his life as being guilty and having gotten away with it, when nothing could be further from the truth.

No, he won't...

It would be incredibly helpful if the gender debate were moved to a thread of its own where the whole issue could be examined and discussed on a societal level rather than simply an SNP lens. I would like to be able to come into a thread on Nicola Sturgeon and read about Nicola Sturgeon. The last umpteen pages could then have been distilled to her views as she set them out last night. 

Actually having to ignore a thread because it's been hijacked for page after page after page is unhelpful. 

Anybody want to put an actual number on the 'number of young people' leaving the SNP because of a subject which is of little importance to the vast majority of the electorate.

It's incredibly important to a few folk on either side of the debate but education, health and the economy are just a wee bitty higher up the list of peoples' concerns.

His entire case was these things did not happen, with one exception, and a judge and majority female jury agreed with him. Its just a lie people tell that that was his defence, it was not. He denied these events ever took place.  
Ah, so he just leched a little bit?

9 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

You shag one sheep.

1 hour ago, HTG said:

It would be incredibly helpful if the gender debate were moved to a thread of its own where the whole issue could be examined and discussed on a societal level rather than simply an SNP lens. I would like to be able to come into a thread on Nicola Sturgeon and read about Nicola Sturgeon. The last umpteen pages could then have been distilled to her views as she set them out last night. 

Actually having to ignore a thread because it's been hijacked for page after page after page is unhelpful. 

Now that they have a leader that has achieved a consistent majority for independence in the polls all these people who have supposedly always voted SNP are going to no longer vote for them because of this. Agent Provocateur don't just sell scants.