Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

If Scotland was the kind of country that could elect a governing party led by Cherry then I would expect it to do so again straight after independence. Thankfully, it's not. Yet.

The whole point of independence is that Scotland gets the government it votes for.  If it voted in a bunch of fascists that would be entirely our fault.

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

That's the current position of the SNP under Nicola Sturgeon. There's nothing to say it would be the position under a different leader.

You're really stretching now. A new leader would not be able to change policy willy-nilly without the compliance of the NEC and the membership via the party conference.

4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

That's the current position of the SNP under Nicola Sturgeon. There's nothing to say it would be the position under a different leader.

For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would red dot that, but I suppose that's what happens when you talk about politics on the internet.

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

You're really stretching now. A new leader would not be able to change policy willy-nilly without the compliance of the NEC and the membership via the party conference.

The SNP isn't bound by votes of the membership at conference and has frequently ignored it down the years. I also don't think a membership that elected Cherry would stop her from changing party policy.

Just now, GordonS said:

The SNP isn't bound by votes of the membership at conference and has frequently ignored it down the years. I also don't think a membership that elected Cherry would stop her from changing party policy.

It would if they disagreed with it. As happened with the resolution to move from the pound to a independent currency as soon as possible.

15 minutes ago, GordonS said:

The cause of independence is a marathon, not a sprint, 

It is apparent to all and sundry that it is quite obviously the opposite.

In only four months time we will have the chance at the end of this covid war, to send an overwhelming message and poor Boris will have an Attlee interlude.

But wait, news just in, the snp's position on the protection of bryophytes is really annoying so now is not the time.

Mon the bryophytes

52 minutes ago, GordonS said:

For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would red dot that, but I suppose that's what happens when you talk about politics on the internet.

For what it's worth I red dot your posts because you have me on ignore and have insulted me numerous times when I dont think we've ever interacted with each other. 

I got over 10 red dots for saying Nicola was playing to the gallery earlier today so I wouldn't take it to heart. 

If anything I treat the dotting system as a notification to check that some people are still about, if I went 1 day without Antillion going through all my posts then I'd be concerned for the poor guy. 

I'm also nearly at -1000, I'm hoping this one could get me over the edge. 

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

The whole point of independence is that Scotland gets the government it votes for.  If it voted in a bunch of fascists that would be entirely our fault.

If that happened, they would still manage to somehow blame theEnglish.

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

Wow this guy's a moron. There has to be an election within six months of independence as the current government's mandate expires on day one.  Its pretty basic stuff.  Its a new parliament, with a provisional government until elections can be held.

55 minutes ago, sophia said:

It is apparent to all and sundry that it is quite obviously the opposite.

In only four months time we will have the chance at the end of this covid war, to send an overwhelming message and poor Boris will have an Attlee interlude.

But wait, news just in, the snp's position on the protection of bryophytes is really annoying so now is not the time.

Mon the bryophytes

There is a serious urgency for independence now that wasn't the case in 2014. 

If we want EU membership, to join now would be easy. In five or ten years very difficult, complex and time consuming. This is because right now we full regulatory alignment, and that makes accession a skoosh. And that's really all the EU care about, everything else they would be prepared to compromise but not that. The IMB is going to chip away at that bit by bit until we have enormous divergence, it would be like Texas trying to join.

It is also going to see an assault on our economy and society as rights are stripped away etc.

People who describe indy as a marathon and not an urgent overwhelming need are middle class morons.  There is no circumstance under which it would be better to wait, the man is a fucking clown.

I mean people are fuckin dying under this union, losing their businesses, next it will be their rights. And its just started.

To suggest it would be better to lose if those leading the country aren't ideologically pure enough for the liking of some Glasgow uni crackpot is probably the stupidest thing anybody has ever typed.