Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

It’s fairly obvious she lied, this report is just confirmation. Don’t think anyone is surprised.
I hope she doesn’t resign and I don’t think she will. #SturgeonMustStay

1 minute ago, Lex said:

It’s fairly obvious she lied, this report is just confirmation. Don’t think anyone is surprised.
I hope she doesn’t resign and I don’t think she will. #SturgeonMustStay

I hope your right because her resigning would cost SNP  a much bigger vote loss than her staying.

Unless James Hamilton finds she deliberately breached the code then she should stay. If she resigns the media will still slaughter her and SNP and they will be leaderless going into elections, now that would be a disaster.

5 minutes ago, paolo2143 said:

I hope your right because her resigning would cost SNP  a much bigger vote loss than her staying.

Unless James Hamilton finds she deliberately breached the code then she should stay. If she resigns the media will still slaughter her and SNP and they will be leaderless going into elections, now that would be a disaster.

Lex is a tory troll best ignored 

Misled = lied in parliamentary speak.  It is a resignation matter and it isn't a good look for the SNP if she tries to stay in office.  If she does as she should then we will see if Independence is bigger than the SNP.  I fear it isn't.

It's only a resignation matter if she knowingly misled it.

I think most agree she has probably inadvertently misled parliament because of the nature of what was going on and having to try and not prejudice a criminal trial.

It'll take some soft voters away from the SNP but they'll still be comfortably the largest party and there will still be a comfortable pro Independence majority in Parliament.

It's only a resignation matter if she knowingly misled it.

I think most agree she has probably inadvertently misled parliament because of the nature of what was going on and having to try and not prejudice a criminal trial.

It'll take some soft voters away from the SNP but they'll still be comfortably the largest party and there will still be a comfortable pro Independence majority in Parliament.
Could add some soft unionist voters to the SNP

Someone explained elsewhere - can't remember where I saw it - that she may have broken the code of conduct to avoid breaking a more serious code of conduct. If that is the case then there is the possibility that Hamilton will accept that this was the only course and the code itself will need altered.

Whatever happens I think two things are clear.

Firstly, politicians are the worst people to investigate other politicians. I personally think that this sort of thing is better left to an independent inquiry to avoid the partisanship of the politicians.

Secondly, there needs to be a better way to investigate allegations of sexual misconduct against politicians - what that should be - I'm not sure - but leaving it to civil servants clearly has been a major issue here.