Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

13 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Don’t see what all the fuss is about.

Its not as if we didn’t know she detested toaaaaries.

Anyway, words hurt no one.

I detest Nicola so she can say anything she wants as far as I’m concerned.

Erm, have I imagined the many snowflaky whinging comments you have made about people criticising you - Janus!

4 hours ago, Clown Job said:

They’re making the most out of that comment 

BBC part of the establishment, part of the problem.

If only they would be as forensic with Tory behaviour and policies, be a cold day in hell before that happens.

Diviseness is at the heart of the Tory ethos. 

4 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

BBC part of the establishment, part of the problem.

If only they would be as forensic with Tory behaviour and policies, be a cold day in hell before that happens.

Diviseness is at the heart of the Tory ethos. 

The fact that the media lets the Tories off Scot free with throwing out accusations of “divisiveness” and wanting “divisive referendums”, when it was that party who oversaw a Brexit referendum and then pursued the hardest Brexit they could is a sad indictment of the corruption of UK state media.

Edited by Antlion

1 hour ago, btb said:

Erm, have I imagined the many snowflaky whinging comments you have made about people criticising you - Janus!

He's like a weird inverse Douglas Ross, constantly shifting opinion based on what's most unpopular and/or demonstrably incorrect.

If we could arrange a big Tory/Unionist love-in, suddenly that woman would start looking more appealing.

5 minutes ago, Antlion said:

The fact that the media lets the Tories off Scot free with throwing out accusations of “divisiveness” and wanting “divisive referendums”, when it was that party who oversaw a Brexit referendum and then pursued the hardest Brexit they could is a sad indictment of the corruption of UK state media.

Wasn't there a decisive yes vote / no vote. I haven't noticed any concerted continuing clamour for a BrexitRev 2.

Just now, BFTD said:

He's like a weird inverse Douglas Ross, constantly shifting opinion based on what's most unpopular and/or demonstrably incorrect.

If we could arrange a big Tory/Unionist love-in, suddenly that woman  would start looking more appealing.

Which one Truss, Thatcher, Ayn Rand - surely if the neoliberals were so sure of their beliefs on individuals rising to the top on merit alone they would advocate comprehensive schooling, the NHS and limit the amount of inherited wealth that could be passed on or are they just self-centred grifters.

3 minutes ago, btb said:

Which one Truss, Thatcher, Ayn Rand - surely if the neoliberals were so sure of their beliefs on individuals rising to the top on merit alone they would advocate comprehensive schooling, the NHS and limit the amount of inherited wealth that could be passed on or are they just self-centred grifters.

No, the idea is that the cream will rise to the top regardless of these disadvantages, by pure talent alone! Well, that and enough of a psychopathic streak that they'll stab everyone else in the back. It's a useful talent filter!

Nobody genuinely believes that's true. It's a useful cover for people with privilege, and rich people from working-class backgrounds parrot it to inflate their own ego without admitting what they had to do to get there.

Wasn't there a decisive yes vote / no vote. I haven't noticed any concerted continuing clamour for a BrexitRev 2.
We could (and should gave have had) a soft Brexit but on the basis of the narrow vote but the winners took it as carte blanche to do what the f**k they wanted.

And to win that narrow vote they told voters we would still be part of the Single Market.

The tories/new Labour Party are just like New Rangers. No one likes us we don’t care, but we do. Expect concomitant statements in response to what was blatantly obvious to everyone, The SNP and their voters detest the Tories! Well well , I for one am shocked

9 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Why are they all so bothered about what Nicola Sturgeon said? I thought she was to be ignored?

Because they have no real arguments of popular policies 

Not only is it a good distraction but it allow them to play the victim 

Yeah, the Tories and Labour have fucking zero positive cases for the Union so just pick up on every single soundbite from Sturgeon that trashes their parties and run with that as a reason to vote no.