Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

I see everyone's favourite Tory, who is somehow still not a massive VL well into his 30's, Douglas Ross, is doing his weekly call for NS to resign too.

32 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Creating or upscaling wars is a common trait with American Presidents, it seems to go with the territory.

Surprisingly the only President who, since Roosevelt, did not start or dramatically upscale a war was Donald Trump.

Sandy - was it not the case that the sainted Nicola was found guilty on disciplinary charges by the Law Society whist working at a legal practice in Stirling?

Also, did she not have to grovel to parliament after she supported a crooked Pakistani businessman?

Happily retract if I’m wrong.

Sandy - was it not the case that the sainted Nicola was found guilty on disciplinary charges by the Law Society whist working at a legal practice in Stirling?
Also, did she not have to grovel to parliament after she supported a crooked Pakistani businessman?
The Law Society of Scotland cleared her.

https://petercherbi.wordpress.com/tag/nicola-sturgeon/

"In a five-page report, dated Dec 1998, Olga Passportnikov said: “The complaint in this case has been identified as professional misconduct by breach of code of conduct and conduct unbecoming a solicitor.”

Pasportnikov identified three counts ‘of professional misconduct by breach of code of conduct and conduct unbecoming a solicitor’.

They were: failing to raise interdict, misleading client about legal aid application & failing to properly consider her financial circumstances

Among ‘circumstances which have been ascertained during the course of the enquiry’ were the legal aid form had been completed and signed by the client and the client’s employers but not sent.

Despite the findings of Sheriff Pasportnikov, and her identification of multiple serious issues where she concluded Ms Sturgeon’s failure to provide competent legal services qualified as professional misconduct – the Law Society of Scotland concluded there should be no further action and Nicola Sturgeon left the legal profession.

It is important to note – the Law Society of Scotland cleared Nicola Sturgeon even after their case manager Ms Pasportnikov identified various breaches of professional misconduct by Nicola Sturgeon – and that Ms Sturgeon – who then ‘stood down’ from the legal profession – to contest a seat for the Scottish National Party – then entered politics without an on the record finding of professional misconduct by the Law Society of Scotland."

Michelle Obama speaking about public service recently said, " It's not about us, it's about the people we serve", and the vast majority of the right minded Scottish people think that Nicola has served them brilliantly and she is the most capable politician that Scotland has produced.
And therein is the problem in that the opposition parties know it and regard her as a threat, she will remain in office and be re-elected in May with a majority as this attempted coup by the despised tories is scumbagging of the highest order.
So because she has served the people of Scotland "brilliantly" we should just ignore the findings of this inquiry blame the opposition parties for a witch hunt and sweep it under the carpet.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, kevthedee said:
2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:
Michelle Obama speaking about public service recently said, " It's not about us, it's about the people we serve", and the vast majority of the right minded Scottish people think that Nicola has served them brilliantly and she is the most capable politician that Scotland has produced.
And therein is the problem in that the opposition parties know it and regard her as a threat, she will remain in office and be re-elected in May with a majority as this attempted coup by the despised tories is scumbagging of the highest order.

So because she has served the people of Scotland "brilliantly" we should just ignore the findings of this inquiry blame the opposition parties for a witch hunt and sweep it under the carpet.

What are we actually 'sweeping under the carpet' ? 

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Wife today - even more determined to vote SNP.

"I'm definitely voting now because she's the only one I do trust - not those b*****ds!! "

This it is a women who has voted once in the 20 odd years we've been together.

Obviously she wears the troosers! Lol

37 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The Law Society of Scotland cleared her.

https://petercherbi.wordpress.com/tag/nicola-sturgeon/

"In a five-page report, dated Dec 1998, Olga Passportnikov said: “The complaint in this case has been identified as professional misconduct by breach of code of conduct and conduct unbecoming a solicitor.”

Pasportnikov identified three counts ‘of professional misconduct by breach of code of conduct and conduct unbecoming a solicitor’.

They were: failing to raise interdict, misleading client about legal aid application & failing to properly consider her financial circumstances

Among ‘circumstances which have been ascertained during the course of the enquiry’ were the legal aid form had been completed and signed by the client and the client’s employers but not sent.

Despite the findings of Sheriff Pasportnikov, and her identification of multiple serious issues where she concluded Ms Sturgeon’s failure to provide competent legal services qualified as professional misconduct – the Law Society of Scotland concluded there should be no further action and Nicola Sturgeon left the legal profession.

It is important to note – the Law Society of Scotland cleared Nicola Sturgeon even after their case manager Ms Pasportnikov identified various breaches of professional misconduct by Nicola Sturgeon – and that Ms Sturgeon – who then ‘stood down’ from the legal profession – to contest a seat for the Scottish National Party – then entered politics without an on the record finding of professional misconduct by the Law Society of Scotland."

Thanks for finding this.

Still not great and rather undermines her saintliness.

Maybe the deal was that if she left the profession then they wouldn’t proceed further?

Wife today - even more determined to vote SNP.

"I'm definitely voting now because she's the only one I do trust - not those b*****ds!! "

This it is a women who has voted once in the 20 odd years we've been together.

My partner is English lived up here for donkeys years she plans to vote for the SNP mainly because she likes and trusts sturgeon especially her handling of coronavirus.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Typical tory muckraking, lower than a snakes belly to rake up the past. Even Murdo Fraser and Davidson haven't sunk this low

We all make mistakes in life and we learn from them, there are many politicians who have made mistakes and moved on, it's time for you to grow up.

10 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Thanks for finding this.

Still not great and rather undermines her saintliness.

Maybe the deal was that if she left the profession then they wouldn’t proceed further?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/14/journalist-stuart-collier-boris-johnson-phone-call-darius-guppy-demands-apology

Very easy to do this sort of shite. Which case is worse?

3 hours ago, virginton said:

She wouldn't be resigning from the party leadership and so they would still have a leader going into the election. Which they will almost certainly win regardless, which then allows them to reinstate Sturgeon to her position with a popular mandate and the opposition case refuted. 

If you think that the opposition are not going to be throwing the exact same mud both during and after the election campaign then you're deluded. This would simply cut away both their arguments from under them. 

I don't think it would though as we know how the right wing press operates.

Regardless of whether she stays or goes they will be like this for next 7 weeks.

Personally i think she should stay as there are plenty of people who will still vote for her. She has large personal following that another leader could not command.

My view is that her position only becomes untenable if James Hamilton  finds she knowingly broke Ministerial  code.

The one thing that should make every YES voter turn out is if she does go, the gloating from  the Tories and their press allies will be unbearable and that should motivate every YES voter to say get it right up you lol

I don't think it would though as we know how the right wing press operates.
Regardless of whether she stays or goes they will be like this for next 7 weeks.
Personally i think she should stay as there are plenty of people who will still vote for her. She has large personal following that another leader could not command.
My view is that her position only becomes untenable if James Hamilton  finds she knowingly broke Ministerial  code.
The one thing that should make every YES voter turn out is if she does go, the gloating from  the Tories and their press allies will be unbearable and that should motivate every YES voter to say get it right up you lol

Regards the personal following thing - I think it might actually galvanise support if she did resign and run on a trust me or trust the Tories ticket.

For someone who usually has very little interest in politics my wife has been fuming at all of this.

"Just another bunch of bullying men backing another man!" is her take on it - I suspect there may be others with exactly the same attitude.

Some of the stuff being pulled by the Tories is just not subtle at all - it's aimed at those who are already Unionists or are "Eh hate that Nippy" types.

The biggest danger is not losing SNP support but Unionists moving from Slab and the Lib Dems to the Tories.

5 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Regards the personal following thing - I think it might actually galvanise support if she did resign and run on a trust me or trust the Tories ticket.

For someone who usually has very little interest in politics my wife has been fuming at all of this.

"Just another bunch of bullying men backing another man!" is her take on it - I suspect there may be others with exactly the same attitude.

Some of the stuff being pulled by the Tories is just not subtle at all - it's aimed at those who who are already Unionists or are "Eh hate that Nippy" types.

The biggest danger is not losing SNP support but Unionists moving from Slab and the Lib Dems to the Tories.

I agree that it depends on movement from Labour/Lib Dem's to Tory but that would always have been case regardless of NS/AS affair.

I think everything rests on Hamilton report and it might be better if it is definitive one way or another. In other words the worst of both worlds may be he finds that she unintentionally broke the code. Don't get me wrong she can survive that and i think easily fight on.

I suspect that the above is what might happen.

Having said that i was on half day today and spent an hour in park and then had to pp into pharmacy and pick up prescription. Did eavesdrop on few conversations about NS today. Most seemed pretty sympathetic towards her, now that might be because most of the people i heard were under age of 40 and woman ( lot of students in local park) who are most likely to be SNP voters in first place