Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

1 hour ago, Glenanover said:

I didn't end up hating anyone but I have seen plenty that did. On both sides.

And going by a lot of threads on here there is a lot of hatred still going on.

There's a world of difference between hatred and exasperation at your continual bleating about 'but I don't want'. Different political opinions can be healthy as can measured debate. Petty sniping and petulance gets us nowhere. Your arguments go round in circles, accomplish nothing and I'd be surprised if you're drawing anybody onto your side.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

"families torn apart", "neighbours at each others throats", "brother against brother, sister against sister", "People with English accents being attacked on the streets", "English people who've lived in Scottish communities for decades now fearing for their lives" etc, etc, etc.

Best to leave that mince to the likes of Quentin Letts and the Daily Mail.

In reality you get a few punters with "Yes flags" or stickers displayed on their windows, another few with saltires or Union flags in their gardens and the odd discussion "doon the pub" but as for "division" and "uncertainty", that's just msm codwallop.

Life is in fact "uncertain" and of course there's been nothing more "uncertain" than the pantomime act being carried out by the various Tory leaders and cabinets that we've gone through over the past few years and I'm afraid we're still no further forward.............

This ^^^

There was as much 'division' and 'hatred' during/after the referendum as there was Armageddon when Rangers had to start back in Div 3. Nothing but media sensationalism.

11 hours ago, Glenanover said:

99% of my friends and family.

And yes the majority have views on politics like mine. And I agree they are most probably not like yours. Your views are not like much of the rest of the country either.

There's just no helping you when you're arguing against objective, measurable reality.

Carry on.

10 hours ago, Glenanover said:

It is not that simple at all. We do not know what would happen apart from more division and uncertainty for Scotland and its people. 

How would independence cause division, but not-independence doesn't? You're just favouring one half of the population over the other.

🤔

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

How would independence cause division, but not-independence doesn't? You're just favouring one half of the population over the other.

🤔

Division within the union is fine - eat your cereal bitter cultists. It's the other kind of division that the forelock tuggers aren't keen on. 

15 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
23 hours ago, Glenanover said:
99% of my friends and family.
And yes the majority have views on politics like mine. And I agree they are most probably not like yours. Your views are not like much of the rest of the country either.

Jackanory Jackanory

The biggest fairy story was "the white paper"

No I'm not.
Referendums cause division as not accepting the results of them does. 

I’d forgotten that the referendum result was ‘No, and you’re never allowed to mention it again’

If the referendum result hadn’t been accepted, we’d be independent rather than chatting about having another referendum.

4 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’d forgotten that the referendum result was ‘No, and you’re never allowed to mention it again’

If the referendum result hadn’t been accepted, we’d be independent rather than chatting about having another referendum.

The Scottish nationalists and the snp have not accepted the result.

If they had we would not be talking about it.

7 minutes ago, Glenanover said:

The Scottish nationalists and the snp have not accepted the result.

If they had we would not be talking about it.

The Scottish Nationalists did accepted the result. What has changed is Brexit. Remember it was said that independence said No Europe for Scotland. Fast forward to 2016 and Brexit vote is to leave. The vast majority of the Scottish electorate voted to stay in Europe.  The argument now became as Sturgeon and co made plain before Brexit that an OUT in the Brexit vote against the majority of Scots would change the dynamics of the independence question.

That vote alone gave Scottish Nationalists the mandate to push for Indy Ref 2. Other subsequent events in Westminster has made independence more desirable and the quicker the better.

Edited by Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier

7 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

The Scottish Nationalists did accepted the result. What has changed is Brexit. Remember it was said that independence said No Europe for Scotland. Fast forward to 2016 and Brexit vote is to leave. The vast majority of the Scottish electorate voted to stay in Europe.  The argument now became as Sturgeon and co made plain before Brexit that an OUT in the Brexit vote against the majority of Scots would change the dynamics of the independence question.

That vote alone gave Scottish Nationalists the mandate to push for Indy Ref 2. Other subsequent events in Westminster has made independence more desirable and the quicker the better.

They have never accepted the result.