CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/18/2017 at 00:21, Fat Sally said:

Good to see you made it down from Dornoch for the game.

Thanks Fat Sally, will always try and see the Mighty Bully Wee as often as I can and still have the passion for our great club.....which sadly nearly disappeared last season

Unfortunately having had cancer and thankfully recovered now, you definitely make life changes for the future and the re-location was one of them.................Otherwise would still have loved to be involved......... however looking forward to the new regime and vision...............glass half full...........give us a shout at the next home game or Elgin......Cheers

Could do worse than Johnston, personally would have kept him at Clyde, lots would disagree 

You really couldn't do much worse. Zero defensive capacity (despite being constantly played at RB), zero attacking impact as his delivery is pish. Literally his only attribute is speed to beat a player but what use is that when he then proceeds to run into a blind alley, lose possession or kick it into touch.

Could do worse than Johnston, personally would have kept him at Clyde, lots would disagree 

Didn't know Barry Ferguson posted on here.

Johnston was terrible, he's never a right back. I lost count of the amount of times he stood of his man and invited the cross into the box. Ayr's winning goal in extra time of the cup was a perfect example.

He was slightly less worse at right mid. His pace meant he could skip past some of the opposition but nine times out of ten there was no end product.

I honestly couldn't understand why some fans were keen to keep the likes of Johnston or Smith. The defence was an absolute car crash throughout the whole of last season.

All i'll say is this.....he won't have a band of cheering hyenas defending his every mistake in the Juniors.....and the pelters he took at Clyde (and Stirling by the sound of it) will seem like a jolly old giggle. Gormley is an excellent example of a player with a very thick skin, able to treat the slatings as white noise and carry on his game (whatever that is...).....not my cup of tea, but his time at Talbot clearly shaped a strong personality, something Johnston might have gotten away with a lot more by demonstrating. 

I never once saw Johnston react to jeers from the crowd.

I cannot say the same of "thick skinned" Gormley.

Just got the email as well telling me money taken , does that mean I am a better supporter than those who didn't contribute ?

Cause paying 40 quid for a membership apparently does [emoji106]

Ps look forward to getting a thank you from the club [emoji23]

Hopefully they can use that money soon as possible, feel we need an experienced Centre Back and even another reliable Midfielder 

As Nicol cannot be play both positions, we need either a hairy arsed animal as a centre half or a nasty combative midfielder.

Archived