CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

Abject drivel!
John's decision to boycott was announced a full two weeks before the Tory woman declared the election, Incidentally, John was not a candidate in that election

However, your opinion is of great importance to us, pleas continue to hold.

Remind us all how many weeks was it before the local elections?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Clyde threads. I can just see it now, wee Nic on the phone -Oi John you boycotting Clyde will get us more votes.[emoji16].

Get a grip. He made a stance which some will have agreed with and some will have disagreed with. He is now back supporting his team.

Like Accies you need all the supporters you can get.

43 minutes ago, Clutha Alba said:

Abject drivel!

John's decision to boycott was announced a full two weeks before the Tory woman declared the election, Incidentally, John was not a candidate in that election

However, your opinion is of great importance to us, pleas continue to hold.

Not drivel at all. He saw an opportunity and took it. What has he said today on social media about his return? I assume he has spoken to avoid any claims of hypocrisy. 

Hypocrisy and football fans where have you been from the start time ?

Give us peace, want to comment on the guys who boycotted games last year cause the team was crap ?

The guy is a Clyde fan great to see him back or do you want him banned for life or put him in the stocks on the half way line and pelted with rotten fruit.

I've no issues with anyone watching Clyde. I'm hope many more will come along.

I can be as hypocritical as the next person. I was against Goodwillie's signing as I thought it would bring bad publicity onto the club. I was correct. However, I cheer when he scores and enjoy watching him.

If people boycott and make a big deal of their moral compass, it's reasonable if others then comment when they return with their complaint unresolved.

He is the one that made the big deal of boycotting the club. I don't know if you recall, it made the newspapers after all. I also suspected his motivation at the time.

I have more respect for fans who say they are not going to games because the football is shit. That's very reasonable. It's probably the case with the majority of people who describe themselves as Clyde supporters.

I've commented and I'm happy to move on now and welcome John Mason and any other supporter back to watching the Bully Wee.

Not drivel at all. He saw an opportunity and took it. What has he said today on social media about his return? I assume he has spoken to avoid any claims of hypocrisy. 

Unbelievable a Clyde fan returns to watch us after having a change of heart and is berated by fans who by there own admission don't go to games [emoji23]

Hypocrisy [emoji106]

All this crap about the MSP returning to the game today is politically driven absolutely pathetic point scoring because he doesn't share their political views

Who gives a toss the guy is a Clyde diehard he is back at games great in my book.

84b704aff3263b2168840a2a0b3823ad.jpg
Looks like Flynns carrying a pot belly with him there.
Also Breslin played as a left back when we had him on loan from Celtic and looked a cracking player. Didn't so much today.
If we had our shooting boots on today it would've been a different score line, twice as many shots at goal but massively failed to test Currie

Just now, cfcuk said:

Unbelievable a Clyde fan returns to watch us after having a change of heart and is berated by fans who by there own admission don't go to games emoji23.png

Hypocrisy emoji106.png

The point being twofold. He is in the public eye and made use of that standing to make a point. He should therefore consider explaining why he has reversed his thinking, or was he hoping to slip under the radar having scored the points earlier? I said I would not return and three years later , with the exception of an odd game, I still feel the same way. After 45 years or so, that is a shame, but it is how I feel. So in my book I am not being hypocritical. You may, and are welcome to disagree.

The point being twofold. He is in the public eye and made use of that standing to make a point. He should therefore consider explaining why he has reversed his thinking, or was he hoping to slip under the radar having scored the points earlier? I said I would not return and three years later , with the exception of an odd game, I still feel the same way. After 45 years or so, that is a shame, but it is how I feel. So in my book I am not being hypocritical. You may, and are welcome to disagree.

Be delighted if you return [emoji106]

He put on Twitter great to be back hardly slipping under the radar

I didn't agree with his statement but the guy is back watching the team that's good enough for me.

45 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Remind us all how many weeks was it before the local elections?

Goodwillie was signed about 4 weeks before the local election. My fault, I should've specified local election and not the one the Tory woman called.

All this crap about the MSP returning to the game today is politically driven absolutely pathetic point scoring because he doesn't share their political views

Who gives a toss the guy is a Clyde diehard he is back at games great in my book.

My posts were Clyde, not politically driven.

As a MSP he made it political by tweeting about his boycott.

Like you, i'm also glad he's back supporting the team.

Shocking first half today
Second bit better must say first sight of Ramsay and cuddihy didn't impress one bit but early days
Thought wright and osalador made a difference goodwillie pure class one chance and puts it away , defence really ropey would get Nicol into central defence asap
But we won which considering how we played is a great result

The Plus point today, we won the match. First half was very poor , so many misplaced passes and long punts up the park, defence looks a worry, Breslin is definitely not the commanding CH we need but I believe he is naturally a RB. Second half was much better though, strung a few decent moves together and scored a couple of goals, definitely a work in progress and with Lowden, Nicol and Bradley still to come in and a manager who hopefully knows what he is doing, things are likely to improve, so feel a little optimistic for the season ahead.

Archived