CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

Funny how the chairmans statement puts the onus on the fans being responsible for the playing budget. No mention of money being frittered away from this purpose for project relocate.

It's the quickest way to get funds into the club. He statement is clear that there are plans but short term if we can get more people through the gate then it can help us on the park, I don't see what is so bad about this but it's just seems people are always looking for an angle to have a go at someone.

It's the quickest way to get funds into the club. He statement is clear that there are plans but short term if we can get more people through the gate then it can help us on the park, I don't see what is so bad about this but it's just seems people are always looking for an angle to have a go at someone.

And a 'we don't really need to pay much' approach to player recruitment is likely to have the fans flooding back in droves?

Don't get me wrong most of last seasons squad were overpaid wage thieves and needed cleared out. Maybe Chapman will put together a hungry team on a fraction of the budget. But there has been no clear communication on why our budget needs reduced so much and the way some of the player departures have been handled is poor.

To me making the 3 or 4 players that actually played well through last seasons shit show feel welcomed wouldn't have been unreasonable. But if they genuinely did want to leave and that's not just a smokescreen then fair enough we move on.

Darren Ramsay announces that he's signed for us on Twitter.

Going to be confusing tomorrow for all supporters of Clyde & Annan.
No one will know what is team is the real Annan

1 hour ago, Elementary Penguin said:

It's really, really not. We've listened and patiently waited on the keenly awaited speech. He likes a whimsical anecdote, does Norrie. Most of it is bullshit, the fans have went above and beyond several times now and are still treated like shit. If he was that fucking interested (Easton's age-gate anyone?) he'd know this. We're all the b*****ds, snakes, boo-boys, critics, trying to 'undermine the club' etc that he's been informed of by the Privy (18th century sense) Council. And i frankly feel sorry for anyone who can't see what's happening. 

Hanging is way too good for someone that gets a players age wrong.

I watched Ramsay for a whole season. Most frustrating player I've seen in a long time. He can play in any of the 3 behind the striker or on either wing, he likes to play on the left and cut in on his right foot though so I imagine he'll be playing there.

He seems to look ok doing this but his end product is absolutely brutal, shots ballooned over the bar time and time again and running into danger with not getting his head up.

He looks dangerous to start with when he gets running but you'll soon realise he's really not got much idea what he's doing.

Part of that Todd Lumsden team we had though to be fair so I'm not sure if that made him shite or we made him shite. Thankfully that shambles of a season can be forgotten about thanks to DC.

Archived