CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

10 hours ago, athletic 1 said:

Just the usual kind of Chapman midfielder. Spends most of the game watching the ball fly over the top of him. emoji13.png

I want to believe you. But your lot told us McNiff and Flynn were half-decent. Worse than that, some of our lot still think they are.

No, seriously. I've never really noticed Cuddihy, so I expect you're right. And I worry that what you say about Chapman and his 'kind' of midfielder. The last seven seasons of muck we've endured can't be traced back to the absence of good, bustling midfielders alone. But X marks a spot pretty close to just that. Wish we'd wake up.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are after Hamilton hed be a solid signing. Still a bit raw but every Berwick fan I've spoke to has said they'd have made more of an effort to keep him. He's a tough b*****d who really came into his own towards the second half of the season and benefited a lot from more regular game time. He's definitely good enough for L2, and given he's still young could quite easily do a job with Clyde. Probably the least culpable offender in our horrific back line last year.

Then again, unless he changes his name to Lee Hamiltannan I doubt it'll happen.

1 minute ago, Karpaty said:

Just the six signings this morning :lol: is Burbridge the number 16 from last week? 

Can't remember his number but he was the right winger, white boots and put in a good cross the first time he touched the ball.

Just now, Scott-Replay said:

Can't remember his number but he was the right winger, white boots and put in a good cross the first time he touched the ball.

That's him. The only trialist I would have like to have seen back. 

Thought Osadolor looked alright whenever he played against us in the last few seasons. He did go through a lot of different clubs last season, four or five, I think. Can't remember Ramsay or Cuddihy although Ramsay's name did appear fairly often on the score sheet.

At least we should win today. Annan can't have any players left.

Dachnowicz is ex-Annan. Played with Rangers as a youngster, I understand. Mostly recently, he played as a trialist (forward) against Raith Rovers. Of all the trialists we saw, he was outstandingly the worst. In truth, he's mainly who I had in mind when I wrote that most of our trialists played as though they'd made an idol of Div McGowan. Having said that, the OS says he's actually a midfielder so perhaps supporters should suspend judgement. Not me though, I think I'm satisfied that we've signed a talent-lite player. Of course, I'll be delighted if I'm proven wrong.

Callum Home is also ex-Annan. Formerly having been with Glasgow BSC and East Kilbride. He's a right-back or centre-half and, allegedly, can play as a holding midfielder. I saw nothing to recommend his signing in what game-time he had as a trialist other than, perhaps, being alright with the ball at his feet. We'll see, I suppose.

Lewis Wilson is a left-back and played there as a trialist several times during pre-season. The lad with the big blondish hairdo. Formerly of Alloa. Probably the best of a bad bunch. Decent size. Seemed to know his position.

Jordan Brown is ex-Annan and, like Home, had been with Glasgow BSC on loan. Also like Home, I saw nothing to recommend him.

Osadolor is the signing I'm happiest with. He's big and strong, he can run and he's got a decent record in this league. Not a fantastic player by any stretch, but decent.

Burbridge. Meh. We'll see. Threatened to be alright in some of the friendlies. Looks a bit heavy, to me, and not that quick.

None of this is really news. We had a gang of - at best - mediocre and inexperienced trialists who weren't with us just for fun. What's interesting is the last quote on the OS article (Chapman): "Anyone else coming into the club now will need to be of a better standard to the players that we already have and our recruitment will be done on that basis.". Does that mean we're going to get lots of good players - for a change - in the weeks to come?

One of the players Annan do "have left" is Ryan Stevenson. How in Christ's name do we keep missing these players? We take their left-overs and they pinch a good, big, experienced midfielder from under our noses. What is going on exactly? Way I see it, we could've had Ryan Stevenson and Allan Jenkins playing in the middle of the park for us already. Instead, we've got god knows who.

Think Ryan Stevenson just signed for Annan earlier in the summer. Having not previously played for Annan he wouldn't be on Chapman's scouting network. It's fair enough nabbing first team players from a rival but what's the point in signing a bunch of mediocre shite that wouldn't have got a game at Annan either. Bizarre.

Archived