CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

4 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Think Ryan Stevenson just signed for Annan earlier in the summer. Having not previously played for Annan he wouldn't be on Chapman's scouting network. It's fair enough nabbing first team players from a rival but what's the point in signing a bunch of mediocre shite that wouldn't have got a game at Annan either. Bizarre.

I'll reserve judgement until after today's match before writing them off as "mediocre shite". Thank Christ you aint the manager with those kinda motivational skills.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wages Clyde01. He either picks players he knows on 50pw or randolm's he doesnt 50pw. STOFO

Didn't say i wouldn't be supporting the team anywhere that I can see!

Why not save some of the budget and try and get a couple of decent loan players instead of signing half a dozen players that will be on the bench at best.

Surely these guys have been signed for the development squad rather than the first team? They are all on amateur terms.

Fair enough they will likely feature today with the first team squad pretty thread bare. The majority of other teams are in the same situation with the league cup games coming so early now.

I don't think he's actually selling programmes.

Not sure Home played in the friendlies either, though I wasn't at Cliftonhill. In for a start either way.

Don't see a problem signing a few duds to make up the numbers for training etc, like Ferguson, McGinty and Davidson I doubt they'll play much.

6 minutes ago, David W said:

I don't think he's actually selling programmes.

Not sure Home played in the friendlies either, though I wasn't at Cliftonhill. In for a start either way.

Don't see a problem signing a few duds to make up the numbers for training etc, like Ferguson, McGinty and Davidson I doubt they'll play much.

Home was in America on holiday until a week or 2 ago, so assuming he was behind in pre season. 

Breslin channelling his best Traub impersonation here. One of the worst centre half performances I've seen in years and there's been some competition.

Not that any of his team mates have been much better, Currie aside. Lucky that Annan are little more than a side who can pass the ball a bit better than we can, with centre halves who can head the ball.

Interesting to note John Mason (Won't be back till Goodwillie's gone) is in attendance today.

I look forward to him tweeting his reasons for the change to his principled stance.

Why his view changed post general election?

Talking of desperate, Ross perry has signed for Albion rovers. 

They've signed Scott Mclaughlin too.

Very poor in the first half today. Resorted to just giving it to McNiff to lump up the field. The number 5, Breslin had a shocker. Only one to get pass marks was Currie.

Second half was a big improvement. Got a lot more into the game, passed the ball about a bit better and the number 2, Home started getting forward to offer us an attacking threat down the right. Nobody particularly stood stood out for me. Stewart at left back put in some decent tackles but didn't offer anything going forward. Cuddihy and Ramsay got more into the game in the second half.

Archived