CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Killie 4-1 Clyde 
but if we play the way we did on Saturday could be worse 

Not sure. Our team's keeper supports Killie and told me that Friday's game against Ayr was constant long ball tactics. Boyd won headers that went to no-one.

Not sure. Our team's keeper supports Killie and told me that Friday's game against Ayr was constant long ball tactics. Boyd won headers that went to no-one.

That's a relief as our centre halves have been dealing really well defending long balls.

3 hours ago, Elementary Penguin said:

Im more bothered at (yet more) leaks from the club becoming a figure of fun. This could easily be true!!!

If you were the Chairman, what would you do to stop leaks of things like potential players signing?

This is 2017.

I know it's hard for you to understand but normal people have pals (Google it). They tell them that they are in talks with teams. Those pals have pals. People talk.

The team train in a sports centre. Employees and customers can see who joins the squad for training. They can see who goes in Chapman's office for contract talks.

I'd quite like to hear the rumours of people signing. That's what football is about. Anything to do with players is fair game in 2017. I also don't believe everything I read on the internet because I'm not a fucking moron.

Actually please answer my question at the top. Don't just go on one of your rants with your shite analogies and too many commas. 

Cheers pal.

If you were the Chairman, what would you do to stop leaks of things like potential players signing?
This is 2017.
I know it's hard for you to understand but normal people have pals (Google it). They tell them that they are in talks with teams. Those pals have pals. People talk.
The team train in a sports centre. Employees and customers can see who joins the squad for training. They can see who goes in Chapman's office for contract talks.
I'd quite like to hear the rumours of people signing. That's what football is about. Anything to do with players is fair game in 2017. I also don't believe everything I read on the internet because I'm not a fucking moron.
Actually please answer my question at the top. Don't just go on one of your rants with your shite analogies and too many commas. 
Cheers pal.

It was the chairman himself that mentioned he wanted to stop the leaks , so maybe you should ask him directly how intends to stop the leaks

Very poor fare in the 1st half, probably on account of our sparkling July weather (Summer fitba will never catch on!!) more cohesiveness in the 2nd half once they started playing the ball on the deck and actually showed willingness to receive the ball. Thought Miller played well and looks decent, noticed him a few times giving McNiff a bawling for lazily lumping the high ball forward down the line to nobody in particular, of which he did on a regular basis last year, I'll sponsor McNiffs hearing aid for this season so he can listen to his team mates that a pass to feet is more effective.......... I do think if he improves on this that he can be a decent squad player........ Still early in the preparation for more importantly the league campaign....... 

Looking forward to the vision and masterplan to progress the club and gel the Supporters/Members for this/our one love............... from our illustrious leaders 

Looking forward to the vision and masterplan to progress the club and gel the Supporters/Members for this/our one love............... from our illustrious leaders 

I wouldn't hold your breath. . .

Very poor fare in the 1st half, probably on account of our sparkling July weather (Summer fitba will never catch on!!) more cohesiveness in the 2nd half once they started playing the ball on the deck and actually showed willingness to receive the ball. Thought Miller played well and looks decent, noticed him a few times giving McNiff a bawling for lazily lumping the high ball forward down the line to nobody in particular, of which he did on a regular basis last year, I'll sponsor McNiffs hearing aid for this season so he can listen to his team mates that a pass to feet is more effective.......... I do think if he improves on this that he can be a decent squad player........ Still early in the preparation for more importantly the league campaign....... 

Pretty well sums up the game [emoji106] and still have Nicol to come back into the team

Last sentence good luck with that one . I would try nessie hunting far more likely of a positive outcome [emoji16]

http://lbrk.es/cjlJ30dGKaI "Having also retained vital cogs like David Goodwillie and David Gormley, this looks (on paper at least) a stronger squad than the one the Bully Wee began last season with.

And while it’s very early days in 2017-18, Clyde looked highly impressive in their first League Cup game, as they faced – you guessed it! – Annan, with the hosts dominating in a 2-1 victory at Broadwood on Saturday."
Great to see the league sponsors taking an interest in the lower leagues [emoji23]

I would say confidently on paper this squad is far worse than last seasons but look at performances last season ? Include all the players that were injured Barry brought in some great players but it just didn't work out, had to be the coaching 

It was effort and application waning when we needed some fucking leadership and a bit of balls. Not a question of their quality. After Boxing Day, we got f**k all of either. 

Not a question of quality?

McNiff?
McLaughlin?
Higgins?
Johnston?

12 minutes ago, BullyWeeLad said:

I would say confidently on paper this squad is far worse than last seasons but look at performances last season ? Include all the players that were injured Barry brought in some great players but it just didn't work out, had to be the coaching 

There's at least a grain of truth in that. Ferguson would occasionally tell supporters of his dismay at working with players who couldn't trap a ball. I'd be surprised if he didn't tongue-lash them on the training pitch for the same. Ironically, I understand it was the likes of Smith who'd be on the receiving end of this kind of thing. Seemed like excuse-making to me. After all, you don't sign Marvin Andrews if you're fussy about the ball-control skills of your centre halves.

This all adds up to players who don't like you and, by extension, won't particularly want to play for you. Less a coaching issue and more one of professionalism, in my opinion. When he would dismiss heckles from the stands with contemptuous body language, he was effectively writing his resignation letter. This isn't the behaviour of a humble person. I would know, of course, being the arrogant Sao Paulo.

Whatever else may be said about Chapman and Joyce, and plenty will, they don't strike me as big-headed. If they ever slagged their players outside the dressing room, it'd only be in jest. Moreover, I reckon if they knew they were making an arse of something, they'd stand aside.

Archived