CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tuesday will potentially confirm fears. Let's hope not.

If the two central defenders play like yesterday we will get a tanking
Would imagine he will bring in Nicol to central defence didn't think the right back looked to clever either

See the paper has rumours Barry Ferguson being lined up with Martin Laughlin to manage Airdrie , interesting to see how that works out

He probably won't have as much cash to chuck at it now that he has to repay his EBT. Plus he has zero man management, motivation or tactical skills. Unless martin Laughlin is the mourinho type that some on here would have us believe then it won't end well.

A failure at league 2 level and a guy who couldn't oversee beating a stinking Cowdenbeath side being lined up for a league 1 job. Madness!

Pretty much this. I bear no malice towards Ferguson though, unlike many others.....some because of his poor nanagement (should have been removed for the good of the club and himself after Boxing Day), others for his perceived arrogance (never a harder working manager, and his desperation in the final months dispelled this myth he thought he knew best....its obvious even he knew he did not) and others because of personal tiffs and agendas going arse over tit, like a bunch of stupid children. Its not his fault he was shite, too many vultures pecking at his wealth of 'contacts' caused the mess, both last season and this. #vengeance. 

100%

19 hours ago, David W said:

Not sure Home played in the friendlies either, though I wasn't at Cliftonhill. In for a start either way.

Don't see a problem signing a few duds to make up the numbers for training etc, like Ferguson, McGinty and Davidson I doubt they'll play much.

Aye: I should correct that. Home didn't play in any of the open-door friendlies, I've mixed him up with another trialist whose name I don't know. A happy thing, actually, because he looked like a decent player yesterday, despite maybe one rash challenge.

I must say again, re Stevenson, I didn't realise he'd actually retired and come back. I don't suppose we can expect Chapman to look for players who've said they're unavailable. I thought he'd been playing at a good level in Australia. But he's erh... Well. Everyone saw him yesterday. He's not himself. Or maybe he is? Whatever the case is, we could do without a player who's as unfit as he is.

I think what we might see with these cup games is a rehashed team in each. Makes sense. We're not going win the thing, we're playing a full-time team midweek, it's hard-going and a big squad could soak it up.

I cringed when I saw the team-sheet yesterday, but if you put it in context you can hold-back the pessimism a little.

Aye: I should correct that. Home didn't play in any of the open-door friendlies, I've mixed him up with another trialist whose name I don't know. A happy thing, actually, because he looked like a decent player yesterday, despite maybe one rash challenge.

I must say again, re Stevenson, I didn't realise he'd actually retired and come back. I don't suppose we can expect Chapman to look for players who've said they're unavailable. I thought he'd been playing at a good level in Australia. But he's erh... Well. Everyone saw him yesterday. He's not himself. Or maybe he is? Whatever the case is, we could do without a player who's as unfit as he is.

Yet you wanted him signed [emoji23]

Watch this: I was wrong. God that was easy to admit.

Maybe it can be a lesson in humility for the cult of John Sweeney, Matt Flynn and the likes.

Side note: I wouldn't write him off scoring a whack, actually; he's still a big, skilful player. But I definitely wouldn't want him in our midfield in the condition he is.

Watch this: I was wrong. God that was easy to admit.

Maybe it can be a lesson in humility for the cult of John Sweeney, Matt Flynn and the likes.

Side note: I wouldn't write him off scoring a whack, actually; he's still a big, skilful player. But I definitely wouldn't want him in our midfield in the condition he is.

Seriously I thought he was good first half ran out of steam mind you
Depending on wages I would have him in our squad

In these assertions, you're absolutely right. Im pretty sure no one in Holyrood, Westminster or even his constituency knew he was a Clyde fan until he was in the papers. On that front, given some of the shite we've contended with recently (including a prospective move to his former constituency itself....) he didn't utter a peep.....strangely. 

Or maybe not, and after his IRA provisionals/damn fine freedom fighters shitemare, decided to adopt his pitchfork-and-torch lynchmob stance on instruction from Lego Heed herself, or bye-bye career. Standard politicking, clearly!!

We all don't share the same political views as you

I think there are more things to worry about at Clyde than Mason and his views on the world.

Goodwille took a few bad challenges in particular from ginga centre defender. Got a feeling this will be a regular post this season

Agree will be a target in this league

Cracking finish yesterday one chance and bang right in the net

Maybe we need to dish it out a bit more [emoji106]

Let's hope so.
I was listening to Mark Wilson on the radio....Apparently Airdrie are a mess on & off the park.

Be like a home from home for Ferguson after his stint at Clyde

4 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Goodwille took a few bad challenges in particular from ginga centre defender. Got a feeling this will be a regular post this season

I don't think Goodwillie would have been specifically targeted, Swinglehurst treats all opposing forwards the same way.

6 hours ago, Clyde soccer trendy said:

We all don't share the same political views as you

I think there are more things to worry about at Clyde than Mason and his views on the world.

Unless he is making a comeback just to make a show of chucking it again

Archived