Fixtures

Kennie

WOW! If you guys think I'M arrogant and pompous you've obviously never come up against the WRSJFA hierarchy!
As a matter of fact I actually AGREE with you all regarding the desirability of sorting out cup competitions at the same time as league reconstruction.
What I'm trying to explain is, after much debate, and rightly or wrongly, the people working on the proposal decided that there was a danger of making what is now the AGM motion too complicated and that it wouldn't stand a chance of being voted for. Too many objections to different bits would make the whole thing fall and that would mean no chance of ANY such change for another 2 years.
You can debate all you like whether a different approach would have been better for whatever reason, but it now comes down to what's proposed, plus or without amendments and the HOPE that cups will be amended to fit in, or no change at all for 2 years plus.
What would you prefer?

No change and that's just down to the fact that we could be left with no change in cups and 8 extra games maybe I'm a dinosaur but I seen the amount of games beith played last year from beginning of April as they got to semis west ayrshire cup final and scottish cup final

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, archieb said:

WOW! If you guys think I'M arrogant and pompous you've obviously never come up against the WRSJFA hierarchy!

As a matter of fact I actually AGREE with you all regarding the desirability of sorting out cup competitions at the same time as league reconstruction.

What I'm trying to explain is, after much debate, and rightly or wrongly, the people working on the proposal decided that there was a danger of making what is now the AGM motion too complicated and that it wouldn't stand a chance of being voted for. Too many objections to different bits would make the whole thing fall and that would mean no chance of ANY such change for another 2 years.

You can debate all you like whether a different approach would have been better for whatever reason, but it now comes down to what's proposed, plus or without amendments and the HOPE that cups will be amended to fit in, or no change at all for 2 years plus.

What would you prefer?

Correct we don't want to make things complicated at the outset. Getting the reconstruction proposal passed is the main thing. If its passed there will be a year to decide which cups are retained/disbanded/amalgamated. Its absolutely the correct way of doing things. The sectional league cup will not be able to be retained in its current format no chance. Personally I would disband it completely along with Ayrshire/Central cups. League , Scottish , West would give you at the least a 32 match season with 15 of those games guaranteed to be at home. 100% sure my club will vote for change.

13 hours ago, ex-german exile said:

I have to say that having read most of the opinions on this thread, I find it strange that clubs are being asked to vote for a new league setup without knowing what cups may or may not be sacrificed,/changed to make way for the extra fixtures.

Can someone in the know tell me if all the west clubs can vote to scrap/change the regional cups? Or is it just the clubs in each region that get a vote regarding their cup?

I assume its the former as otherwise chaos could ensure.

Or ensue?

29 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

I fail to see why we can't play Yoker on Wed 7th rather than having to wait an extra week.

And the Central League Cup Final on a Sunday? That's a new one.

He has to go.

Theres no hope for the game if someone as incompetent as him is allowed to stay!

45 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

I fail to see why we can't play Yoker on Wed 7th rather than having to wait an extra week.

And the Central League Cup Final on a Sunday? That's a new one.

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but it's almost what you would do if you were deliberately attempting to make sure the Peasy have as little to play for as possible in the final game and will just want the season over and done with...

23 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Just looking back to see that we played 6 league games in 22 days in April, it will then take us 48 days to play the last 3.

Similar - four games in seven days, a fortnight with one single game and then another four in seven days, while the teams around us have enjoyed coherent fixture spacing and the benefit of knowing exactly what they need to do.

Bottom line is if we do go down our terrible start to the season will be what ultimately did for us, but the fixture scheduling in the last month or so will have done just as much harm to us as any team has managed.

I was talking to my colleague about my preferred brand of football and Talbot's situation just now. He couldn't believe the season isn't over yet and that it will be 2/3 weeks before it will. Good old Juniors!

AWP SF2 is missing - Cumnock or Girvan v Beith. The Cumnock v Girvan QF is Wed 31st.

The subsequent SF should surely have been listed for Saturday 3rd as "unplayed previous fixture" v Beith in the same way as the CLC SF is after its QF on Wed 31st, since the AWP SF could involve Girvan and they're busy in the ET on Wed 7th, could be on Sat 10th, and then the AWP Final is Wed 14th.

7 hours ago, lonewolfie said:

And that famous Largs fixture now takes place on the 12th of June!!!!!!
And I presume the central Cup final is on the Sunday11th because the ET final is at Pollok on the Saturday 10th?

M8 we have the Ayrshire Cup semi final against Kilwinning on the 7th, then a free Saturday, Largs on the 12th and if we are in the Ayrshire final its played two days after the Largs game. Mind boggling. Why not Largs on the Saturday I could have taken the wife for a wee chip tea.

Archived