Fixtures

Kennie

Yoker and Petershill need to complain and they need to complain now and they need to complain together. A complete and utter farcical way to end the season.

Why wait so long till 14th June to list last league fixture when Mon 5th June & Wed 7th are available?it appears its ok for some teams to play 4 games in 7 days but not others.

Central cup also appearing to take precedence over vital league game.

Yoker v Petershill could've easily been played on Wednesday 24th May, both were free to do so.

We (Maryhill) weren't given that option,twice given 4 games in 7 days in the run in,some players were dead on their feet in some of them,now other teams getting easy ride and knowing what's ahead of them to stay in the league.

Re the point of 4 games in 7 days twice they could've easily spaced ours out.It's done now, we can only hope the result goes for us.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fixtures this year have been mental, Kilsyth Rangers played 6 games in 2 weeks when there was no need whatsoever and yes it did affect our run in in the league picking up subsequent injuries and suspensions when we could easily have played 1 game each midweek say on the wednesday, it affects all teams in different ways whether it be for promotion or relegation, the guy has no clue and does not give a shit about any team. I mean we are now playing the buffs on wednesday night in the play off and one days rest we go on the friday night again, and i know its same for both teams but why? Ridiculous

1 hour ago, Budandavodka said:

Why wait so long till 14th June to list last league fixture when Mon 5th June & Wed 7th are available?it appears its ok for some teams to play 4 games in 7 days but not others.

Yoker v Petershill could've easily been played on Wednesday 24th May, both were free to do so.

We (Maryhill) weren't given that option,twice given 4 games in 7 days in the run in,some players were dead on their feet in some of them,now other teams getting easy ride and knowing what's ahead of them to stay in the league.

Re the point of 4 games in 7 days twice they could've easily spaced ours out.It's done now, we can only hope the result goes for us.

Now is the time of year when most teams are already in, or at least planning to get into talks about re-signing players and making approaches for new ones. Well. most teams are able to, but he's left us - and Yoker - dangling on the end of a hook until halfway thorough June...how the hell can you assemble a squad when you can't tell existing or potential new players what division they'll be playing in?

I don't think for a minute he's doing this deliberately, but the lack of attention to detail he's shown recently is not only shafting us this season, but potentially next as well.

I know he's been a lot of years involved and been a great servant to the region, but it's time for a change - Ally McCoist was a great servant to Rangers, but I doubt many of their supporters would still want him playing up front.

Off topic slightly and being pedantic but thanks firstly to fixture man from changing our score yesterday on the website which to begin with you had down as 1-0 when it was infact 2-0 to us. The league table though is however still wrong. I would of thought the software used would have changed to league table automatically obviously not .Sure you will sort that soon for those of us who are picky :)

Yoker v Petershill was actually given a date many weeks ago and we booked a supporters bus and made an announcement at the Glencairn game and guess what, it disappeared of the list without any reason. I think he forgot we hadn't played!!!!!!

Yoker v Petershill was actually given a date many weeks ago and we booked a supporters bus and made an announcement at the Glencairn game and guess what, it disappeared of the list without any reason. I think he forgot we hadn't played!!!!!!

I was going to say surely not and that would be incredulous then again nothing would surprise any of us now, best of luck when game is played.

Why can't yoker v peasy and largs v Talbot be played tonight?largs play Talbot on the 12th and yoker peasy the 14th why so late? Fixture man ur making a totally f##k up of this. Deliberately I dunno but time for change

Mon the papers

46 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Why can't yoker v peasy and largs v Talbot be played tonight?largs play Talbot on the 12th and yoker peasy the 14th why so late? Fixture man ur making a totally f##k up of this. Deliberately I dunno but time for change

Mon the papers

As far as Talbot goes, the Scottish Cup finalists are always given a full week off before the final. Hence it can't be tonight.

All this happens when one person has been in the job too long and continues doing it the way he always has. He seems to have been there so long because no-one else wanted it. Now there is, so there is a potential solution. Either way, the job would be easier with a bit of league and cup streamlining.

11 hours ago, rednblack said:

Off topic slightly and being pedantic but thanks firstly to fixture man from changing our score yesterday on the website which to begin with you had down as 1-0 when it was infact 2-0 to us. The league table though is however still wrong. I would of thought the software used would have changed to league table automatically obviously not .Sure you will sort that soon for those of us who are picky :)

It's a different person who updates the league tables , not the same one who allocates upcoming fixtures.

Probably a daft question but is there any reason the ADL winners aren't in the ET Cup?

Incidentally, the final should be a 1pm kick off to maximise the crowd with Scotland playing England at 5pm. 2pm means I'l probably go the pub instead as a 4pm finish would be tighter than it should be.

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Probably a daft question but is there any reason the ADL winners aren't in the ET Cup?

Incidentally, the final should be a 1pm kick off to maximise the crowd with Scotland playing England at 5pm. 2pm means I'l probably go the pub instead as a 4pm finish would be tighter than it should be.

They were in it pal. Perthshire beat Darvel in the prelim round.

Just checked the SJFA website there and it appears that the Yoker v Petershill game is now being played on Wednesday 7th June with a 7.30pm KO.

Archived