The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

13 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Hladky has left a four-minute thanks & goodbye video on Instagram. Not a dry eye in the house. Watch it if you can.

What a class act. As you say hard to watch without a tear. Will be missed

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Hladky has left a four-minute thanks & goodbye video on Instagram. Not a dry eye in the house. Watch it if you can.

Great keeper that will be fondly remembered for many years to come. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Fucking hell man. Didn't think it would be that sore. 

Touch of class from Vaclav, he’s going to be almost irreplaceable. What a keeper he is, he’s got everything to his game and crucially he’s comfortable with taking the ball on either foot. His distribution kicking and throws outs are top class. I hope he does go to Düsseldorf as he deserves his chance of a big move.

Two days until the new kit launch. That means two days until a third of us like it, a third of us hate it, and a third of us are ‘meh’ about it. That also means we are now three days away from a third of us saying ‘now I’ve seen it more, it’s growing on me’, a third of us saying ‘now I’ve seen it more, it’s still shite’, and a third of us saying ‘now I’ve seen it more, I don’t care what it looks like, I’m more concerned about who is wearing it, gie’s a fcuking signing’.

55 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Two days until the new kit launch. That means two days until a third of us like it, a third of us hate it, and a third of us are ‘meh’ about it. That also means we are now three days away from a third of us saying ‘now I’ve seen it more, it’s growing on me’, a third of us saying ‘now I’ve seen it more, it’s still shite’, and a third of us saying ‘now I’ve seen it more, I don’t care what it looks like, I’m more concerned about who is wearing it, gie’s a fcuking signing’.

Can't go wrong with black and white stripes and a round collar. 

Anyone know when we're starting pre-season training? Think a few Premiership clubs are back this week or next. I wouldn't be surprised if SMISA is asked to cover the cost of some/all of the Covid-19 testing kits, which will lead to the usual riveting/tedious debate on Black & White Army with bazil offering to carry out all the tests personally while not wearing PPE.

Also, the players we've binned are seemingly on furlough until the end of July. Could that pose a legal issue with us signing new players? My understanding of the scheme is it's to help companies where there is no work for their employees and bringing in new players while you have others on furlough potentially flies in the face of that.

Most of the posters on B&W army actually hate St Mirren now going by the last time I looked on there, which was just before the Kibble vote where they had decided it was going to be a resounding no vote due to the fact 3 or 4 of them had made multiple aliases to say they were voting against it.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

There's no chance a third of our fans will hate the new home kit 😘

It's a beauty!

3 minutes ago, Div said:

There's no chance a third of our fans will hate the new home kit 😘

It's a beauty!

I’ll rephrase. A third of us will think it would look better with black shorts, a third of us will think it would look better with white shorts, and a third of us will still be too upset by Hammarby that we won’t care. 🙂

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Also, the players we've binned are seemingly on furlough until the end of July. Could that pose a legal issue with us signing new players? My understanding of the scheme is it's to help companies where there is no work for their employees and bringing in new players while you have others on furlough potentially flies in the face of that.

I'm starting a new job in July at a company that still has people on furlough, so I fucking hope it's not an issue 😂

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I'll reserve judgement until I see it but IMO a St. Mirren shirt with no stripes on the back could never be considered to be beautiful.

It has stripes on the sleeves!