The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Can argue his legs are going but there's not many in the division better at winning attacking headers and 9 goals in 33 for the worst team in the league last season is a good return.

He played a lot of games this season, so I wouldn't be too worried about his fitness. You might get a decent season out of him, who knows he might turn into a Craig Brewster type player who's turning out good performances when he's 40.

45 minutes ago, Kempes said:

Nah, overpaid and injury prone. We have been there before!

Played 39 games last season, career total of over 700 games

He’s certainly not injury prone!

overpaid maybe!

I’m guessing he’s got a pay off from Dundee United though so wages will probably be affordable. He’ll want to finish his career in the top flight 

Maybe Robinson wants him to replace Main and partner young Nehmani up front. 

Edited by Captain_Sensible

Any concerns anyone has around Fletcher should defintely not be in terms of fitness (injury wise) or quality.

My overriding fear of guys mid to late 30s signing is that one pre season it will be a pre season too far in terms of keeping up with the rigours and I'd hate for us to be caught out with that again. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Wages would be my main concern. I'll not lie, I was pretty dismissive of him when he went to United, but in all fairness I think he did a decent enough job in a team that was a mess.

If Robinson thinks he can get what he needs from him, then yeah, why not. I could easily be wrong twice. Wages, though...

5 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Assuming his contract has been ripped up at United so it's his wages, not the fee, that'd be the issue, sadly. Though I realise you were being tongue in cheek.

My guess is that United will have given him a pay off so wages might not be a problem

25 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

Can see Fletcher going to Motherwell to replace that Van Veen shaped hole.

Good player, could do a shift but... man bun.

Plus, heavy Dargo vibes.  

100% with you on that, shocker of a barnet. I suppose if you were nearly bald at 25 and plumped for the hair plugs you might as well just go for it. In for a penny, in for a pound.

Edited by houston_bud

Think Fletcher would be an excellent signing for us on a 1 year deal.

Our entire game plan relies on a target man who can hold the ball up when we break and give as an aerial threat in the box.

Fletcher might not be as energetic as Maino but on the other side he is miles better in the air.

Only Rangers and Celtic had more crosses into the box than us last season and I reckon he would thrive in our system.

Go get him Robbo!

Fletcher, Nehmani, Ayunga, Grieve and Jamieson as our forward options this season sounds pretty good.

McMenamin on right if we are looking for a change of shape would mean either bringing in width on the left or douring it out until Ayunga comes back.

Would imagine Brophy, Olusanya and Offord will all be gone,  the first 2 permanently the latter on loan for minutes.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Fletcher, Nehmani, Ayunga, Grieve and Jamieson as our forward options this season sounds pretty good.

McMenamin on right if we are looking for a change of shape would mean either bringing in width on the left or douring it out until Ayunga comes back.

Would imagine Brophy, Olusanya and Offord will all be gone,  the first 2 permanently the latter on loan for minutes.

McMenamin is left sided.