The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

16 minutes ago, Gmfc 23 said:

But you get the point the average including both cheeks of the same arse was 6300 so clearly not 6 without 

The average attendance last season was 6401. I dont even think the Celtic and Rangers games got into the top 5. Top attendance was v Killie that was almost capacity.

17 minutes ago, Gmfc 23 said:

But you get the point the average including both cheeks of the same arse was 6300 so clearly not 6 without 

Pains me deeply to say this but you are talking a load of shite.

St Mirren had, for the first time in years, regularly hit 6,000 last season. In fact, the last derby at SMP was probably one of the last non-arse cheek games they hit 6,000 for.

Going back to 2008 is a bit stupid...

When you could just go back to 2022.

28 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Morton are always looking up at St Mirren  wether that be in a league table, transfers, a modern stadium , a pub 65 inch TV,  Saints floodlights or seats in their falling down cow shed. The PDE stand is still laid out flat in spare ground behind there main stand was shown it while at VW Arnold Clark Greenock it's noe to far gone with rust. 

The railway line is behind the main stand and Morton sold the materials from the old stand for scrap a while back.

2 minutes ago, GiGi said:

The railway line is behind the main stand and Morton sold the materials from the old stand for scrap a while back.

Did not know that. Well done on your win we both like to take the pish out each other. Recently bumped into some of your fans returning from Ayr at Gilmour Street on my return to Rothesay. They were brand new top guys. I'm sure we can agree and respect for supporting the local team f**k the old firm . Have a good season . 

8 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Your perception of reality is probably skewed after a defeat to Morton, but there's every chance I may have been exaggerating...

Nice one, sorry. Next time you exaggerate, I'll check with you first before exaggerating in response.

Main issue yesterday was not putting the ball in the net when we were on top (which we were for the majority of the game).

I'd contend that Nahmani, Mandron and McMenamin would all be ahead of Greive in the pecking order to start when everyone is fully fit and bedded in.

I'd also contend that Offord and even Jamieson offer more than Olusanya. No harm to the boy but we've yet to see any indication whatsoever that Toyosi has what it takes to play in the top flight, even as a sub.

Losing to our rivals, even in a friendly, is always a sore one to take but we need to take it on the chin and move on.

The goalkeeper situation is a real concern. You'd think if there was even a remote chance that Carson was staying it would have been sorted by now.

I can't rate Hemming either way based on just a couple of performances, particularly since I only saw bits and pieces of the game yesterday, but I think it's pretty obvious that he's going to be a downgrade on Carson, and that makes us weaker than last season straight from the get go.

It’s pretty simple to me - if Hemming is our number one then we’ll be 11th or 12th. He is awful at everything bar his distribution and I think Robinson will be desperate to bring in a real keeper and have Zach on the bench if we can’t resolve the Carson issue.

14 hours ago, McG said:

You and you’re 1800 fans at a home game 😂

There've been some horrendous attempts at gloating from Morton fans in this thread, but making a tit of yourself over winning a friendly definitely isn't as embarrassing as trying to crowdwank over one.

DailyStruggle6156.thumb.jpg.d348099ed54596c2a889004d4a674fc9.jpg

23 minutes ago, SS77 said:

It’s pretty simple to me - if Hemming is our number one then we’ll be 11th or 12th. He is awful at everything bar his distribution and I think Robinson will be desperate to bring in a real keeper and have Zach on the bench if we can’t resolve the Carson issue.

I don’t think we can write Hemming off just yet but I do agree that at our level having an unreliable goalkeeper can have catastrophic consequences.

There’s very little to choose between most of the teams in the division and there’s no doubt in my mind that Dundee Utd wouldn’t have been relegated last season if Trevor Carson had been their keeper from day one.

If we repeat the mistake they made then we only have ourselves to blame if the result turns out the same.

If Carson needs to go for whatever reason then Ok but we cannot go into the league season with Hemming and Urminsky as our only options IMO.

3 minutes ago, Div said:

I don’t think we can write Hemming off just yet but I do agree that at our level having in unreliable goalkeeper can have catastrophic consequences.

There’s very little to choose between most of the teams in the division and there’s no doubt in my mind that Dundee Utd wouldn’t have been relegated last season if Trevor Carson had been their keeper from day one.

If we repeat the mistake they made then we only have ourselves to blame if the result turns out the same.

If Carson needs to go for whatever reason then Ok but we cannot go into the league season with Hemming and Urminsky as our only options IMO.

Appreciate that it’s early days into his time here but he wasn’t good enough before he signed either and I doubt he’ll get any better.

Spent a bit of time last week watching the goals he conceded at Killie last year and his decision making, coming for cross balls, handling etc just gives me the fear. It’s such a drop off from having one of the best keepers in the league last year.

I’m kind of clinging to the hope that Hemming has been brought in as number two and is only playing whilst we sort the Carson situation out.

If Carson issue is resolved (which seems very unlikely) I think we’d all be quite happy with Hemming as number 2 and Urminsky going out on loan.

If Carson goes then we surely have to replace like for like, but that’s easier said than done. Where do we find an international goalkeeper with a great track record in this division, available and within our wage bracket?

53 minutes ago, SS77 said:

I was sceptical at the signing and i missed the last 25 minutes yesterday due to the wean complaining he was thirsty, had sore legs and couldn't see properly (his first time at Cappielow and very unimpressed) but in the 65 minutes i saw Hemming had little to do but seemed to command his area well and his distribution was ok. Obviously i missed the goals but what happened in the last 25 minutes to make everyone so concerned?

Edited by Hendo

6 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I was sceptical at the signing and i missed the last 25 minutes yesterday due to the wean complaining he was thirsty, had sore legs and couldn't see properly (his first time at Cappielow and very unimpressed) but in the 65 minutes i saw Hemming had little to do but seemed to command his area well and his distribution was ok. Obviously i missed the goals but what happened in the last 25 minutes to make everyone so concerned?

It’s not just yesterday, he wasn’t good last season either.

21 minutes ago, Div said:

I’m kind of clinging to the hope that Hemming has been brought in as number two and is only playing whilst we sort the Carson situation out.

If Carson issue is resolved (which seems very unlikely) I think we’d all be quite happy with Hemming as number 2 and Urminsky going out on loan.

If Carson goes then we surely have to replace like for like, but that’s easier said than done. Where do we find an international goalkeeper with a great track record in this division, available and within our wage bracket?

Aye I’m on the same boat. We can’t be so daft to think that Killie’s 2nd choice keeper last season was good enough to replace Carson.

Replacing Carson (if he goes or doesn’t play again) is going to be so tough. 

16 hours ago, McG said:

You having a laugh mate? He was abysmal and is nowhere near good enough.

A decent keeper is the difference between having a decent season or fighting relegation.

What a lot of nonsense. He did virtually nothing wrong all game and before the pen ie 85m or so he was foot perfect, came for crosses, saved a couple of shots and generally seemed in command of his box. Pen was soft but the right call but he had little chance as the Ton striker literally run into him after some awful defending. No idea what you saw to merit the full on attack on him.

2 minutes ago, medals said:

Tonio Teklic to us or the Dons?

goalscoring midfielder.

Not seen us mentioned in that rumour, only seen him linked with Aberdeen.

Either way, if it’s between us and the Dons then that rules us out 🤷‍♂️