The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Stoke have been linked.

I don’t think we’ll be seeing him back at the SMISA if clubs like Stoke are in for him. 
They would likely be willing to pay a sizeable fee if they wanted him after a loan deal.

Sunderland fans will go mental if they appoint Robinson. After the Beale debacle they'll be expecting a bigger name. Although I did hear Heckinbottom's name mentioned for them, he might have higher stock in England but I wouldn't swap Robinson for him in a month of Sundays.

3 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Sunderland fans will go mental if they appoint Robinson. After the Beale debacle they'll be expecting a bigger name. Although I did hear Heckinbottom's name mentioned for them, he might have higher stock in England but I wouldn't swap Robinson for him in a month of Sundays.

Heckinbottom is about as big a name as you can get.

12 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Stoke have been linked.

Haven't seen any link with them. Is it a real link or social media chatter? 

And there are loads of links that don't come off... Bachus to Bolton for example.

7 hours ago, AW saint said:

Robbo now being linked with Sunderland

According to the article he's only 2nd choice. No pride if he goes knowing that.

He's 1st choice with us and surely a huge money incentive wouldn't tempt him away for euro Saints 😉 

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

This is the first Robinson link that I've genuinely been a bit concerned about.

I wouldn't be particularly concerned if I were you. I've not read the article (f**k The Sun) but if @medals post above that it's explicit he's 2nd choice is true then it's very similar to the Huddersfield "interest" when he was with us which I'd imagine was fed to the press by his agent where he was apparently a fallback option.

Fair play though, his Mr 20% consistently gets his name out there when his stock is high. I'd imagine you'll see a lot of it over the summer.

56 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

This is the first Robinson link that I've genuinely been a bit concerned about.

They have been such a car crash of a club for too long. They are a sleeping giant capable of 40,000 home fans its the type of project Robinson would love only if Robinson can have full control. Fingers crossed Sunderland get their first choice. 

Think your fans will boo Ryan Strain next season or not?

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Think your fans will boo Ryan Strain next season or not?

Why? You reckon he's Utd bound? Think a few of us have said he's in for a shock at the level of club being in for him being far below his level due to his fitness/alleged lifestyle putting clubs off.

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Why? You reckon he's Utd bound? Think a few of us have said he's in for a shock at the level of club being in for him being far below his level due to his fitness/alleged lifestyle putting clubs off.

I'd have thought that Hearts may be more likely.

Aren't they looking for a RWB?

I may be wrong.....................

Just now, FTOF said:

I'd have thought that Hearts may be more likely.

Aren't they looking for a RWB?

I may be wrong.....................

I'd have thought so too but then I'd also have thought if it was Hearts, he'd have been a Hearts player by now given they have had so much business done early doors.

Utd fans in their thread seem to think it's them which is definitely a sideways move that I don't think he was looking for.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

I'd have thought so too but then I'd also have thought if it was Hearts, he'd have been a Hearts player by now given they have had so much business done early doors.

Utd fans in their thread seem to think it's them which is definitely a sideways move that I don't think he was looking for.

Ah. I see.

Good luck to him.

We've already filled his position with a player who is equally as good and potentially offers us more.

I'm more bothered at losing Baccus TBH.

Although if Smyth signs, then he looks like an able replacement.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Not a sideways move IMO but a downwards move. Imagine giving up European football for a relegation fight with United?

7 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Not a sideways move IMO but a downwards move. Imagine giving up European football for a relegation fight with United?

It's a definite sideways move in terms of career prospects. As a club, Dundee Utd are on same level as Dundee, Kilmarnock, ourselves, Motherwell, St. Johnstone. Probably Dunfermline and Falkirk historically as well.

We're all in that group where let's be honest, we're very much interchangeable as we saw with Utd going from 5th to bottom in a season.

20 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Contracts have just ran out on the 1st of June. Strain is also on Holiday. He may have given a verbal agreement. 

Hearts would be the more likely destination if they want him. 

Naismith appears to be cherry picking the best from the league. Spittal, Danda etc