The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

53 minutes ago, medals said:

Yuki Kobayashi getting mentioned as a loan option to us.

I know this was muted previously.

I guess it would be another CB back up.  It might mean Kenny going out on loan again too as he'd likely get more action.

Is he any better than what we have? 

Would rather Kwon came back. Saying that our midfield is beginning to look the part. 

Celtic have a Japanese striker can we have him on loan

6 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Would rather Kwon came back. Saying that our midfield is beginning to look the part. 

1. No he's not better than what we have except perhaps Kenny. That's why I mentioned him possibly going out.

2. Agreed. A fit Kwon would provide another good option. We've already had M OH and CBM injured, albeit not badly.

3. Which one? I don't think they'll loan us Kyogo or Maeda 😜 so presume you mean Yang. Not sure he's better than our top 5 strikers.

Just now, AW saint said:

Robbo has as good as said that we're not bringing in squad fillers.

Not that I know a lot about Koboyashi, but he seems to have struggled with the physicality of the Scottish game. I'm not sure we need that type of player in our defence.

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I lasted 15 seconds 🤣🤣

It’s too easy. The joke. The Kenneth Williams gif. The ‘so says yer’ missus’ replies. I shall therefore, resist. 😛

1 hour ago, medals said:

1. No he's not better than what we have except perhaps Kenny. That's why I mentioned him possibly going out.

2. Agreed. A fit Kwon would provide another good option. We've already had M OH and CBM injured, albeit not badly.

3. Which one? I don't think they'll loan us Kyogo or Maeda 😜 so presume you mean Yang. Not sure he's better than our top 5 strikers.

Lol it was Kyogo. 

We absolutely don't need squad fillers so very pleased to hear it. 

Robbo has a good relationship with Rodgers so we may get someone from them. 

I know I (amongst others) have said something along these lines before, but I’ve just thought again - discussing European ticketing issues, queues round the block, sell-outs, visiting European fans, possible trips to Romania or Kazahkstan, group stages, Chelsea, Fiorientina, selling our TV rights, UEFA flags in the corner, Fitzy entertaining UEFA delegates….

I need a fcuking lie down! 😎

6 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

If, as is being reported, Brann have only sold 250-300 tickets then there will be 1300 empty seats in the North Stand. That will be a kick in the stones to those who queued today to no avail.

Being able to sell 1000-odd of those seats to Saints fans would generate an additional £30k in gate money.

Surely the cost of whatever measures needed to split the stand (hand held scanners, extra stewarding, some portaloos  under N4 and N5 etc) would be outweighed by the extra income?

Indeed, they could have up graded the Valur fans to hospitality and sold the whole north stand to St Mirren fans and made £60k less a couple of grand. 

North Stand tickets for St Mirren fans going on sale at 10am tomorrow - after discussions with SK Brann, obviously in regard to how many of your fans are coming over. Won’t be a 1000 plus stand with only 300 max in it then.

https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/5515-uefa-conference-league-st-mirren-v-sk-brann-update

Edited by pozbaird

7 hours ago, truesaint said:

The game is being shown on VG+ in Norway so presumably have been sold to them. Looks like they only have a 6 or 12 month subscription offer.

https://tvguide.vg.no/sport/st-mirren-brann-ecl-kval--666b09d5fa90dd1c2bea552f

just checked you can buy a months subscription for 149 kroner, about £11.50, so if no other option I shall give it a go

The Brann squad travelling today.

1 Mathias Lønne Dyngeland
12 Martin Børsheim
36 Eirik Holmen Johansen
3 Fredrik Pallesen Knudsen
5 Sakarias Opsahl
6 Japhet Sery Larsen
7 Magnus Warming
8 Felix Horn Myhre
9 Niklas Castro
10 Emil Kornvig
11 Bård Finne
14 Ulrik Mathisen
16 Ole Didrik Blomberg
17 Joachim Soltvedt
18 Sander Kartum
20 Aune Heggebø
21 Ruben Kristiansen
23 Thore Pedersen
26 Eivind Helland
27 Mads Sande
43 Rasmus Holten

Sery Larsen (CB) is probably not fit to play. Soltvedt (LB) struggling with his ankle. Kristiansen (CB/LB) struggling with a strain.

Injuries:

Crone (RB), Hellan (RB), Torsvik (LB), Wassberg (MDF), Simba (winger). Crone is the regular RB and Hellan is his backup.

12 hours ago, RagaRocker said:

The Brann fan club Paisley away t-shirt. Only on sale for Brann fans in Paisley on Thursday. They made one for Deventer away as well.

20240806_214523.jpg

I would imagine quite a few Saints fans would happily buy that.