The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

5 hours ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Professional footballer gets in trouble on a Saturday night out?  Well let me tell you that I'm shocked...! This is unprecedented. 

Nothing to see here.  Move along. 

Are you sure?

32 minutes ago, Swello said:

Hope Saints can get a copy of the cctv and make some sense of the accusations before making any rash decisions.  Would also suggest that when Shaun is suspended from the club he does some work with Kibble and maybe take part in some of their staff training days .

Just now, MenstrieSaint said:

Hope Saints can get a copy of the cctv and make some sense of the accusations before making any rash decisions.  Would also suggest that when Shaun is suspended from the club he does some work with Kibble and maybe take part in some of their staff training days .

I don't think a person's employers typically get to see evidence in an active police case to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Quite surprised it didn’t make the papers/public knowledge before now. He’s by no means a household name but I’d have thought on a Saturday night in Glasgow someone would’ve recognised him 

It was in the early hours of Thursday morning, so still quite quick to come out.

Just now, Central Belt Caley said:

I’ve made an arse of that, thought I’d read it was at the weekend. 

To be fair to you I forgot it was Friday and was thinking the incident was the middle of last week.

If he's guilty, he's gone. No debate or hesitation.

If he's not guilty, I want to see some serious f**king regret and overall improvement (because let's face it wtf is he doing out at that time, mid-season, getting into bother in kebab shops?). 

It's clear that playing in the middle of f**king nowhere during national lockdowns was the only way he could f**king control himself.

14 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Quite surprised it didn’t make the papers/public knowledge before now. He’s by no means a household name but I’d have thought on a Saturday night in Glasgow someone would’ve recognised him 

Not much chance of an ‘ordinary’ footballer being recognised in Glasgow, even if they do play for one of the Glasgow based clubs… (getting that one right in early before Steve Wilkos turns up and Cormacks us with it again.) 😎

I’ve been in Braehead and have seen more than a few St Mirren players that I never even clocked were our players, until my mate said ‘isn’t that so-and-so?’ Especially the younger guys. Take them out of where you usually see St Mirren players at the weekend - getting up to all sorts in takeaway establishments, playing in a fitba’ strip on the pitch, and they just look like any other youngster kicking around. The last fitba’ player I saw, and recognised, in Braehead was a week or so ago - Artur Numan. He looked like he could still play. Disgustingly fit looking, tanned, and his wardrobe wasn’t bought in Primark….

Anyways, if the Rooney allegations / charges are confimed and accurate, he should be booted down Greenhill Road towards Paisley International Airport, with his arse not touching the ground until the BP Station under the White Cart Viaduct.

Edited by pozbaird