The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

27 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I think we should definitely blame Willie Collum and the majority of St Mirren fans for this incident.

Possibly @craigkillie too as P+Bs resident refereeing representative.

The question is, how many battered civilians will it take for the authorities to end the madness of VAR? 

Taylor out on loan is a good move for all parties. 

On another matter, is there any truth in the rumour that the Fakes are after Leven as it means they don't have to buy any letters for the name on the managers door?

Edited by medals

Good decision to farm Taylor out on loan. With Kiltie on the way back there is even less chances to play in the first team. 

Can only hope the team is focused on the back of the Rooney saga. 

Would love KVV to get a start against his old side

16 hours ago, zildjian said:

How long will it take for him to be seen in court? Is it not a fair bit these days? You would assume suspended until then? Im assuming hes a higher earner in the club, and could be out for a while irrespective of innocent or guilty, which isnt what we need. 

If he's been released on an undertaking, it's my understanding he would appear at court within 4 weeks. 

The initial court date would be for him to plead guilty / not guilty. Depending on this, a date would be set for trial but if there's CCTV etc. and he's bang to rights, I'd imagine he'd be advised to plead guilty and it could be quite a quick process (relatively speaking). 

48 minutes ago, medals said:

On another matter, is there any truth in the rumour that the Fakes are after Leven as it means they don't have to buy any letters for the name on the managers door?

That would have been good if:

Craig Levein was actually called Praig Levein.

or

Peter Leven was actually called Ceter Leven.

Or…..if you weren’t just thinking about initials…..Leven and Levein were spelt the same.

Edited by Sortmeout

2 hours ago, medals said:

Taylor out on loan is a good move for all parties. 

2 hours ago, AW saint said:

Good decision to farm Taylor out on loan. With Kiltie on the way back there is even less chances to play in the first team. 

Can only hope the team is focused on the back of the Rooney saga. 

Would love KVV to get a start against his old side

I don’t get the point of sending Taylor out on loan to a team rock bottom of the third tier of Scottish football . Yes he may get game time but what’s he gonna learn from a team already struggling and a manager with a less than glittering career in management .

If he is to go out on loan Ideally would have liked to have seen him at Championship level - he’s approaching 22 now , not a wee boy and he needs to be either given a decent crack at our first team or let go to carve a new path elsewhere . 

2 hours ago, callum-g said:

I don’t get the point of sending Taylor out on loan to a team rock bottom of the third tier of Scottish football . Yes he may get game time but what’s he gonna learn from a team already struggling and a manager with a less than glittering career in management .

If he is to go out on loan Ideally would have liked to have seen him at Championship level - he’s approaching 22 now , not a wee boy and he needs to be either given a decent crack at our first team or let go to carve a new path elsewhere . 

Might be learning from Flyniesta, even travelling with him. 

4 hours ago, callum-g said:

I take your point and it is very fair.

Just think he needs to be playing competitively and he's not gonna get much of that as last in the pecking order of about 8 with us.

It'll save us some of his wages too, and may get him a better move in January too.

4 hours ago, callum-g said:

That is similar to my view. He was out on loan last season in Northern Ireland - a level I'm assuming is better than League One - and did very well. I expected him to at least be on the fringes of the first team this season and yet has now been punted out on loan to League One. If we're not going to play him, he should be at a Championship club. Can only think we're hoping it'll toughen him up a bit.

With Taylor, Offord and Jamieson out on loan and Dunne's return pushing Luke Kenny down the order, fair chance that's the last first team action any of our youth products will see this season, which is a real shame.

Given how small Taylor is, he will need to be hard as nails to make it in Scotland. 

Absolutely not the boys fault as he is very talented but much like Ryan Gauld, our game doesn't support players like him, so playing some physical football is sadly good for his development. 

We are 100% not playing as well as last season. Defence is leaking goals and Robbo is blind to some players. 

CBM and Scott being 2. 

Robbo does not appear to know his best side. 

Got to hope we click going forward

Olusanya booked again today.  

For a guy who’s far from dirty referees seem to love waving cards at him.  

He’s such an important player for us but even this early in the season can see him serving a suspension soon.  

20 minutes ago, AW saint said:

We are 100% not playing as well as last season. Defence is leaking goals and Robbo is blind to some players. 

CBM and Scott being 2. 

Robbo does not appear to know his best side. 

Got to hope we click going forward

Totally agree.

Although I nearly spat out my drink today when the SMTV commentators suggested that Ayunga was being called back from his warm up to be the first sub. 

The really worrying thing is that I was able to believe it!!