The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

A discussion I had with a mate, when our otherwise scintillating conversation hit the buffers - assuming both were in their prime years, who would you take back to the SMiSA DinkyDome? Jamie McGrath, or Andy Dorman.

I’d take Dorman. Opinions, opinions.

Dorman every day of the week. You can’t buy class and he had it in abundance.

29 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

A discussion I had with a mate, when our otherwise scintillating conversation hit the buffers - assuming both were in their prime years, who would you take back to the SMiSA DinkyDome? Jamie McGrath, or Andy Dorman.

Dorman. No question. McGrath is excellent but prime Dorman was an option unlike anything we've ever had. A truly amazing habit of grabbing big goals in big games. You saw that late midfield run coming from deep and knew there was a chance something good was about to happen.

31 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I’d take Dorman, his song was soooo much better, he was an exciting player to watch whereas Jamie more of a link for the team doing the not so sexy side. 

8 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Has Peter Urminsky been recalled by St Mirren? I notice he was on the bench for the team during last night's match with St Johnstone. There's been no communication from Stenhousemuir to say he's officially returned to Paisley.

17 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

As a reminder 

That Motherwell game. I used to go to every single game and for reasons I can't recall, couldn't make it to the Motherwell game so it was probably the first time I ever watched us on the telly.

I was in Borgia when that goal went in and the place was nearly turned upside down when it hit the net. What a strike it was.

57 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I’ll go against the grain and say McGrath as he is a much better footballer.

Dorman was great for us, but his best games came when he had Dargo playing, imho, and when he didn’t have that movement he wasnt as effective.

1 minute ago, aldo_j said:

I’ll go against the grain and say McGrath as he is a much better footballer.

Dorman was great for us, but his best games came when he had Dargo playing, imho, and when he didn’t have that movement he wasnt as effective.

Just imagine if Dargo had spent more time on the field rather than the physios bench……

59 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Andy Dorman without doubt, was absolutely heartbroken when he left and it took me a long time to get over it.

Had literally no memory of this happening until I seen this, did Goodwin not nutmeg him during the game or something? Remember that being the only thing about the game people actually talked about.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Had literally no memory of this happening until I seen this, did Goodwin not nutmeg him during the game or something? Remember that being the only thing about the game people actually talked about.

He did indeed.

Weird game, against the context of us being absolutely tragically shite that season. It was NYC's first ever match; hard to look back on it fondly given how generally awful we were.

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah.  Believe we were NYCFC's first or second ever fixture. 

Goodwin megged him and ran off like he'd just scored a screamer. 😂

Edit to remove that he collected it. He never did.

Edited by djchapsticks

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

That Motherwell game. I used to go to every single game and for reasons I can't recall, couldn't make it to the Motherwell game so it was probably the first time I ever watched us on the telly.

I was in Borgia when that goal went in and the place was nearly turned upside down when it hit the net. What a strike it was.

Ball bounced up for the half volley and as soon as it left his boot you knew it was in.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

David Villa still dines out on the story of how he got to shake my hand after that game.

I’ve still got the team sheet you got for me from NYCFC’s first ‘proper’ game, as there was no match programme. From memory, NYCFC had played before meeting the mighty Mirren, but the games hadn’t been the full 90 mins, so didn’t count. Don’t quote me on that, just something in my memory bank. Could be shite, like most of my warblings. 😛