The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, Div said:

I can see my season ticket but it says it’s not going to be active until Sept 2nd which doesn’t sound right!

Same for me.

41 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I suspect the easiest thing to do (once the QR codes become active) will simply be to screen capture them and save them to our phones as that is basically all the "app" is.

Was thinking this too. Assuming though that each "event" will have a fresh QR code so we'll need take a new screenshot ahead of every home game.

Talking of Boyd-Munce, I know you need to take the level of opposition we were playing into account, but what a left foot he has on him. His corners were superb and pinging accurate cross field passes all game, looked a real good addition 

Really interested to see how he fits in this season 

Edited by Stan Bo

1 hour ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Same for me.

Was thinking this too. Assuming though that each "event" will have a fresh QR code so we'll need take a new screenshot ahead of every home game.

Never thought about that. Just assumed that it would be one QR code per ST. Time will tell.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

2:14 in, he namedrops 'Trevor' and does a wee nod to someone off camera that you wouldn't do if Trevor wasn't actually standing just over there.

Hopefully you’re right.  Time this was sorted. 

2 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Same for me.

Don’t think that’s right as you were still able to order a physical card if you really wanted one.

Reckon all the “app” is doing is giving you an easy way to get a hold of your QR code and save the club having to administer cards which must have had a fair churn rate of being lost, put in washing machines etc…

2 hours ago, Stan Bo said:

Talking of Boyd-Munce, I know you need to take the level of opposition we were playing into account, but what a left foot he has on him. His corners were superb and pinging accurate cross field passes all game, looked a real good addition 

Really interested to see how he fits in this season 

Spot on, I keep forgetting about him but the reality is he’s like a new signing and the manager and his assistant absolutely love the boy.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do with a full pre season behind him.

2 minutes ago, Div said:

Don’t think that’s right as you were still able to order a physical card if you really wanted one.

Reckon all the “app” is doing is giving you an easy way to get a hold of your QR code and save the club having to administer cards which must have had a fair churn rate of being lost, put in washing machines etc…

Just wondering about the potential for fraud if it was the same QR code throughout the season. I know that the code on the card was set for 18 "swipes" in 22/23 (one for each home game).

If it was the same for the digital version then, in theory, if you missed a game and didn't want to have an unused swipe come the end of the season....

Then, next game, you could WhatsApp your code to your mate and you could both get into the same game on the one season ticket. 

You wouldn't have been able to do that with the card unless you handed it back through the turnstile.

1 hour ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Just wondering about the potential for fraud if it was the same QR code throughout the season. I know that the code on the card was set for 18 "swipes" in 22/23 (one for each home game).

If it was the same for the digital version then, in theory, if you missed a game and didn't want to have an unused swipe come the end of the season....

Then, next game, you could WhatsApp your code to your mate and you could both get into the same game on the one season ticket. 

You wouldn't have been able to do that with the card unless you handed it back through the turnstile.

Each season ticket was only valid for one scan per “event” rather than for 19 scans a season, as far as I am aware.

Some daft woman got her handbag caught in the turnstyle one game last season and I had already scanned my code but couldn’t get in cos she had fucked the gate.

She got untangled eventually but my card wouldn’t let me in as it assumed I was already in.

Steward let me through one of the exit doors.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

2:14 in, he namedrops 'Trevor' and does a wee nod to someone off camera that you wouldn't do if Trevor wasn't actually standing just over there.

I think you may be reading too much into that . I think the nod was more to being “here” 

I took the option to have a physical ST card posted out. I’m no technophobe, but when I can, I still prefer a physical object for stuff like that. Concert tickets too. Still prefer a physical ticket rather than trust entry to the Barrowlands to the ability of my ageing iPhone SE not to fcuk me over at the most inopportune moments.

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I took the option to have a physical ST card posted out. I’m no technophobe, but when I can, I still prefer a physical object for stuff like that. Concert tickets too. Still prefer a physical ticket rather than trust entry to the Barrowlands to the ability of my ageing iPhone SE not to fcuk me over at the most inopportune moments.

And have you received your card yet mate