The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Elvis doesn't strike me as the sort of person who is melancholy enough to listen to The Smiths.

He listens to The Smiths to cheer himself up. "Heavens knows I'm miserable now, and that's a mild improvement."

1 hour ago, Buttocks Brown said:

There might be some solicitors out there who will know better than me but....

There's been an interim interdict issued to AW informing him not to repeat his allegations so you would have to assume that there was some evidence presented at court today by the directors' lawyer which backs up the defamation claim. Hence the "delight" of JG and MMac.

This may be true - however from what is in the public domain, AW from my recollection was casting doubt kn the motives of Kibble directors - this is something almost impossible to prove, though there is the possibility he has made other less publicised but defamatory comments which we are not aware of. 

Regardless, i do feel this is an over-reaction by the Kibble directors- this should be sorted without recourse to the courts. 

I am of course assuming this is a private action and legal costs are being paid by themselves. If the club are in any way funding this, we have a serious problem.

This action won’t have anything to do with the club. Two individuals seeking an apology, retraction and damages from a third individual.

I reckon Alan will be quite happy to have his day in court. I don’t see him backing down now.

1 minute ago, Div said:

This action won’t have anything to do with the club. Two individuals seeking an apology, retraction and damages from a third individual.

I reckon Alan will be quite happy to have his day in court. I don’t see him backing down now.

And the loser (s) will pay the legal costs, plus any damages that are due, if any

44 minutes ago, medals said:

And the loser (s) will pay the legal costs, plus any damages that are due, if any

Correct. Alan isn’t short of a few quid, I think he’ll take it on.

Watching the match tonight and I have think saints will be able to recover the league cup section and win it . Cowdenbeath caused a good amount of problems to Arbroath and whilst we will need to be a lot better I feel we will come through this 

Edited by Norrie82

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

And if he didn't say anything that was untrue, Gillespie and McMillan will lose their action. First Wardrop overreacts, now the Kibble directors do. All deeply unedifying.

I hope we aren't paying legal costs.

wow! impressed, unedifying on a St Mirren forum, never thought to see the day.

43 minutes ago, Div said:

Correct. Alan isn’t short of a few quid, I think he’ll take it on.

Living proof that money doesn’t buy happiness 😆

I don’t know him but feck me every photo of him looks miserable.

image.thumb.jpeg.3316d20b22892b026cd09a48a52ffbe3.jpeg

9 hours ago, Hendo said:

This may be true - however from what is in the public domain, AW from my recollection was casting doubt kn the motives of Kibble directors - this is something almost impossible to prove, though there is the possibility he has made other less publicised but defamatory comments which we are not aware of. 

Regardless, i do feel this is an over-reaction by the Kibble directors- this should be sorted without recourse to the courts. 

I am of course assuming this is a private action and legal costs are being paid by themselves. If the club are in any way funding this, we have a serious problem.

I don't think it can be sorted without recourse to the courts to be honest, this has now been going on for years, always becoming increasingly shrill whenever we are going through a bad patch or about to play a big game. Now Alan gets to prove his allegations in the courts. You'd have thought the Kibble conspiracy theorists would be glad.

9 hours ago, Norrie82 said:

Watching the match tonight and I have think saints will be able to recover the league cup section and win it . Cowdenbeath caused a good amount of problems to Arbroath and whilst we will need to be a lot better I feel we will come through this 

Well we certainly should, given we are the only full time team in the section. The thing about these league cup groups is nine points will almost always be enough, so you can afford to lose one game, there is room for error, it's a fairly generous format in that sense.  Like when we lost at home to Arbroath last season that didn't put us out, it was losing to Airdrie the next week that did. We just need to beat Arbroath and Forfar at home and Cowdenbeath away. Seven days, three games against part time opponents, three wins, easy, right? All three games are huge for the club, much more important than the opening league game against Hibs IMO. Nothing gets decided in the first league game of the season, fail to win any of these three and there's no third chance to save our league cup campaign. 

It's fair to say the results have gone for us in this LC group, barring the initial defeat of course, but considering how poor we were during that defeat I'm not putting any money on us cantering the group from here.