The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, Buttocks Brown said:

6pm Tuesday (out of the blue): DG rumoured to be leaving.

Wednesday morning: DG leaves.

Wednesday lunchtime: new centre-half signs.

Have to be impressed with the club's forward planning. 

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

Where the feck is the mystery striker???

So things can move quickly in some cases. Let's hope the mystery striker is faster than this close deal. 

1 hour ago, Buddie Holly said:

or you have the dubliner next door to the court bar 

Always assumed that was a Celtic pub, and as such, have never been in it.

Generally not a fan of 'Irish' pubs outside of Ireland, where I believe they're just called 'pubs'.

30 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Always assumed that was a Celtic pub, and as such, have never been in it.

Generally not a fan of 'Irish' pubs outside of Ireland, where I believe they're just called 'pubs'.

You are correct it is a Celtic pub. 

14th of July. Nearly two weeks ago!

St Mirren have agreed a deal for a mystery forward they have been chasing for “a long time”, says Stephen Robinson.

The manager is refused to divulge the player’s name until the signing is complete, but he is “excited” about the prospective new arrival.

The Buddies have already added winger Conor McMenamin, strikers Mikael Mandron and Stav Nachmani and goalkeeper Zach Hemming for the upcoming season, while frontmen Curtis Main and Eamonn Brophy have departed.

Robinson, whose side are away to Montrose in their Viaplay Cup opener on Saturday, said: "Stav Nachmani will come into the country (from Israel) on Saturday and train next week and hopefully be involved in the Arbroath game.

"We have one more forward player coming in for that we agreed a deal for last night. So plenty of competition.

"Once it is signed and sealed we will reveal all. I am excited about him. It is someone I have chased for a long time.

"He's a big boy, quick, physical and once we get pen to paper then I will reveal a little bit more.

"I am quietly confident that will get done in the next couple of days. I believe we have made the squad stronger."

17 minutes ago, Div said:

14th of July. Nearly two weeks ago!

,Robinson said: "Stav Nachmani will come into the country (from Israel) on Saturday and train next week and hopefully be involved in the Arbroath game.

"We have one more forward player coming in for that we agreed a deal for last night. 

So the in for that was Mandron, surely?

The superstriker deal is agreed verbally.  So

1. Has it fallen through?

2. Is he not fit enough to pass a medical yet?

3. Is the player and his agent looking at other options and we're the fall back?

4. Or?

Expect we'll know soon either way. If choice A doesn't sign, B,C or D will.

We also now require cover for Dunne, Kiltie too.

8 minutes ago, Mac28 said:

Untitled.png.21839c7da626b68f24bdffe84f65f275.png

Apparently we dont get any money for Gallagher unless they get promoted.

Atleast it freed up the wage bill and let us do some buisness

I like this. If they go up, we get a fee. If they don't, it's hilarious. Win/win.

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I like this. If they go up, we get a fee. If they don't, it's hilarious. Win/win.

This. Also, gives us a reason to actually take notice of what’s going on in the Championship this season. Let’s face it, watching Morton implode around Christmas is wearing thin.

Odd if the condition of the fee is the United must be promoted because Robinson was quotes as saying "We will receive a fee for Declan and have already targeted a replacement that we hope to sign today subject to a medical."

He seems fairly certain we're getting a fee.