The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I work on the theory that I could wish for 5-0 pumpings for the uglies in Europe, or I could wish them well and hope they win. Either way, my view will not affect the outcome of their matches. So, as it matters not a jot anyway, I go for the ‘fcuk um’ route. 😎

Ha ha. Suppose. 

7 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I think Carson's deleted his Twitter account! Before I gloat, can anyone confirm this was his account?

Screenshot2023-08-1501_08_24.png.b740ae2aa21d849eb32fa8677745eb54.png

I'm pretty sure it was. I noticed some folk were mentioning him in the comments to some of the memes and just thought I'd see if he reacted at all. 

Quite a sad attitude, really. Stop and think about it.

How would you feel if you had a disappointing day at work and then a few hundred wee bangers that you've never even met and who would all love to have your job started bombarding you with stick about it on social media?

One of the worst things about the Twitter age is the idea of proximity to famous people and this feeling of entitlement to just be a dick to anyone any time you choose. Not unique to St Mirren fans or to this situation, but it's just fucking sad.

38 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

How would you feel if you had a disappointing day at work and then a few hundred wee bangers that you've never even met and who would all love to have your job started bombarding you with stick about it on social media?

It's not like Carson was an entirely innocent party here. He signed a contract then just a few months later he was demanding we let him leave because he felt hard done to. A player that was roundly lauded by the support and in turn was given the shirt even while injured (his decision, we never forced him to play). While I take your point about it relating to social media, but in general any player would get pelters for that, it would just have been out on the street, or in the pub or wherever.

38 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

One of the worst things about the Twitter age is the idea of proximity to famous people and this feeling of entitlement to just be a dick to anyone any time you choose. Not unique to St Mirren fans or to this situation, but it's just fucking sad.

Social Media has done an absolute number on society. It has emboldened the worst in society to think their opinion has merit.

Run by a capricious and seriously dense man-child, and stocked to the gunnels with hate filled insane conspiracy rants, I don't blame anyone for either quitting or abandoning twitter.

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

It's not like Carson was an entirely innocent party here. He signed a contract then just a few months later he was demanding we let him leave because he felt hard done to. A player that was roundly lauded by the support and in turn was given the shirt even while injured (his decision, we never forced him to play). While I take your point about it relating to social media, but in general any player would get pelters for that, it would just have been out on the street, or in the pub or wherever.

Let's be clear. Giving a guy abuse in the a pub or the street (!) because of a dispute with his employer, the details of which you are not privvy to, is also complete arsehole behaviour and in absolutely no way ok.

Carson is an entirely innocent party here. He's allowed to want to change jobs.

30 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Let's be clear. Giving a guy abuse in the a pub or the street (!) because of a dispute with his employer, the details of which you are not privvy to, is also complete arsehole behaviour and in absolutely no way ok.

That is the world of football fans, irrespective of team and irrespective of whether there is social media.

32 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Dundee were an entirely innocent party here. They were allowed to vote to curtail the Covid season. Yet Hearts fans didn't see it that way and many of them including the club's official twitter account spread lies conspiracy and hate.

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

That is the world of football fans, irrespective of team and irrespective of whether there is social media.

Dundee were an entirely innocent party here. They were allowed to vote to curtail the Covid season. Yet Hearts fans didn't see it that way and many of them including the club's official twitter account spread lies conspiracy and hate.

Oh, Ric. 😀

It's not something I'd be doing to be honest, maybe in my younger days. 

The guy opened up recently about having issues ect , I'm all for giving him a boo or a bit of stick but after Saturday we should be leaving it at that and move on. 

We don't know the truth, Jamie Langfield tweeted as much.

48 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Innocent?

Poor wee lamb🙄

30 minutes ago, greenock saint said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23721504.st-mirrens-fast-start-scottish-premiership-comes-no-surprise/

Deary me only beat Hibs because they were tired. Apparently one of our goals  on Saturday was debatable hence the reason we won. We play Motherwell tomorrow.  Does this guy get paid for this ?

Who is this walloper? Which of Saints 2 goals v Dundee was "a subject of much debate"?

If he travels to Paisley tomorrow night to see Saints play Motherwell he's going to realise what a c**t he's made of himself.

Edited by Arch Stanton

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Quite a sad attitude, really. Stop and think about it.

I get where you are coming from and mostly agree, but going back in time a few years ago, we had Alan Stubbs all over Twitter arguing and acting like an arrogant tosser with St Mirren fans on Twitter. 
To say it was a bad look is just the tip of the iceberg.

Stubbs made a monumental arse of himself and quite frankly there was no need for him to engage in about 99% of the tweets with fans.

In that instance it was most definitely the more famous or infamous, in Stubbs case who was in fact in the wrong.

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

Who is this walloper? Which of Saints 2 goals v Dundee was "a subject of much debate"?

If you travels to Paisley tomorrow night to see Saints play Motherwell he's going to realise what a c**t he's made of himself.

Obviously the own goal or the “deft header”. 

Terrible Journalism thread for this walloper. 

1 hour ago, greenock saint said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23721504.st-mirrens-fast-start-scottish-premiership-comes-no-surprise/

Deary me only beat Hibs because they were tired. Apparently one of our goals  on Saturday was debatable hence the reason we won. We play Motherwell tomorrow.  Does this guy get paid for this ?

FFS, talk about money for old rope.

1 hour ago, greenock saint said:

Apparently one of our goals  on Saturday was debatable hence the reason we won.

Wonder if he's getting his wires crossed and thinks the goal line clearance which probably was a goal, but was not given.