The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

38 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I'm not a SMISA member but had an idea of an all red kit with the Paisley Pattern through it. I contacted Pozbaird who has design experience  and he came up with this.

I posted it on the SMISA twitter feed and a Saints FB page asking if a SMISA member would submit it. I've no idea if anyone did or not.

Screenshot_20230806_133446_Yahoo Mail.jpg

I didn’t mind putting your idea together for you, but I will admit that I assumed you were a SMiSA member, or having learned you weren’t, that someone else would submit it. Look on the bright side, it’s very close to the Option 1 of the 5 shown, aside from the detail. Both are red Paisley pattern ideas. If it wins, it’s not a million miles from yours. I had my own idea for a design, but I umnae’ a SMiSA member either. Maybe SMiSA members are like Glesga’ buses. Cannae’ find one, then two turn up. 😛

2 hours ago, Molotov said:

I never knew those Zoroastrian symbols meant anything other than life and fertility. 

Does that mean all Saints fans are incredibly long living shaggers?

IMHO that first kit red is too dark and would have been better with a white trim on sleeves and collar.

Eh , I can confirm this to be true 😜

45 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Even though there's no real need for a third kit...

I don't feel we need a 3rd, but then that doesn't factor in fannies like Celtic who were desperate to wear their 3rd kit which clashed with our home/away kits.

Thing is, Celtic did it for the money, and to be honest.. that's the only reason to have a 3rd kit, so it's hard to chastise them while we are doing similar.

27 minutes ago, Ric said:

I don't feel we need a 3rd, but then that doesn't factor in fannies like Celtic who were desperate to wear their 3rd kit which clashed with our home/away kits.

Thing is, Celtic did it for the money, and to be honest.. that's the only reason to have a 3rd kit, so it's hard to chastise them while we are doing similar.

3rd kits can also be handy if the likes of Livingston have all-white and all-black home & away kits, but no-one in the SPFL says ‘erm, what do you plan to wear against St Mirren’. Fortunately, they’re back to traditional Ferranti/Meadowbank/Administration Kunt colours this season.

No-one (to my knowledge) comes around the West Bank with a gun to our heads saying ‘buy the 3rd kit or die cunto, your choice’. 🤪

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

3rd kits can also be handy...

They shouldn't be needed, the league really should force the clubs to have 2 shirts home and away, and ensure there is no strip clash.

3rd strips are a marketing ploy, only introduced in the mid 90s and only caught on in the mid naughties.

Don't want to sound a curmudgeon, but I really see no need for a 3rd kit unless it's an anniversary or other similar one off.

3rd kit doesn't bother me if it's infrequent. Off the top of my head this is probably only the 4th or 5th one we've ever had.

Not counting the one off pale blue Matchwinner and red Hummell Cash 4 Kids ones we had cos those were both for one off matches and never released and sold to folk.

13 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

3rd kit doesn't bother me if it's infrequent. Off the top of my head this is probably only the 4th or 5th one we've ever had.

Not counting the one off pale blue Matchwinner and red Hummell Cash 4 Kids ones we had cos those were both for one off matches and never released and sold to folk.

Red and black striped Clanford, red and blue hoops, all black Jack Ross league winning season...any others? (discounting the one-offs you mention above).

ETA...just remembered the white Kelvin Homes.

And the "Dortmund yellow" kit.

Edited by Arch Stanton

3 hours ago, Molotov said:

I’d love to see him pitch in with an incredible season and Saints lift a cup double!

Hes already achieved that, tbf.

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

But if nobody saw it, did it actually happen?

Fortunately Perth has TV so plenty saw it.

Cant imagine its long until Paisley catches up tbh, id have thought Glasgow wouldve been ahead of the curve rather than behind it though.

4 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Red and black striped Clanford, red and blue hoops, all black Jack Ross league winning season...any others? (discounting the one-offs you mention above).

ETA...just remembered the white Kelvin Homes.

And the "Dortmund yellow" kit.

Maybe there's more then!

Off top of my head:

White Kelvin Homes (1990)
Blue Matchwinner (1991) one off
Black and Red Clanford (1995)
Morton away top (2000) :lol: 
Red Hummel (2007) only as we clashed with Killie, don't even think it was released.
Black and Red Hummel (2010) definitely wasn't released.
Red and Blue hoops (2012)
Red with black stripe (2013) this was the year the Dortmund top was the away.
Black paisley pattern with red trim Cabrini (2016)
All black 140th kit (2017)

So I make that 6 that have made it to release, 2 of which were commemorative for 135th and 140th years.

3 that were for one offs due to kit clashes.

And one bright yellow Morton top.

59 minutes ago, Ric said:

They shouldn't be needed, the league really should force the clubs to have 2 shirts home and away, and ensure there is no strip clash.

3rd strips are a marketing ploy, only introduced in the mid 90s and only caught on in the mid naughties.

Don't want to sound a curmudgeon, but I really see no need for a 3rd kit unless it's an anniversary or other similar one off.

Absolutely it’s a marketing ploy. The fact remains that no-one points a gun at your head and makes you buy three shirts every season at £55ish a pop. No more than anyone makes me buy the five hundred or so versions of ‘Dark Side of the Moon’… Next year there’ll be the ‘ultimate’ version with previously unreleased recordings of Dave Gilmour farting in the bath.

18 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

No more than anyone makes me buy the five hundred or so versions of ‘Dark Side of the Moon’… Next year there’ll be the ‘ultimate’ version with previously unreleased recordings of Dave Gilmour farting in the bath.

Roger Waters is bringing out a “new” redux version on 6th October. Although going by the pre release Money I don’t think you’ll be pleased to hear the album in full. 🙉