The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

I'll be attending tomorrow but a few of my mates will give it a miss for some reason or other. I don't think it's just because they're season tickets aren't valid, I suspect some early-season cannae-be-bothered-ness may be at work.

But you can bet your arsehole they'll be bothered if we get to Hampden !!

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Buddy is for something like an American saying their best friend is their ‘best buddy’. Buddie is for a singular Paisley Buddie, a group of Paisley folk are moaning faced barstewards Paisley Buddies.

As for Jobbie v Jobby, I have no strong opinion on either, any more than I have a strong opinion on ‘tomato sauce or brown sauce on a square sausage roll’. There’s a place for both. Whatever you fancy. I’d probably come down on the side of ‘jobbie’ and ‘tomato sauce’ if pushed for an answer and my life depended on it though.

Anyway. Gie’s the mystery striker.

Aye but what about a jobbie on your square sausage roll? 

Leeds are apparently interested in Kenny McLean. If Norwich sell him are we due some money, same way folk have said we get a third of whatever Hibs get should Villa sell McGinn?

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Leeds are apparently interested in Kenny McLean. If Norwich sell him are we due some money, same way folk have said we get a third of whatever Hibs get should Villa sell McGinn?

Robbo will still insist we're skint!

4 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Another incentive for the big teams to hoover up all the talent. 

According to the above example we'd get 4 times what they get, so did we not hoover up the talent better than them?

Obviously we did more of his development but the opportunity was taken by us.

Here's hoping he goes for 3 million. 

Going on the figures RG posted, I'm surprised Arbroath would get some money. I mean, I'm totally happy for them to get some, and I'm sure they'll not complain, but I didn't realise loan teams also benefit.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dont know rumoured fee etc., but this is based of £1m.

Doesnt include any sell on fees.

Screenshot_20230818_182809_Chrome.thumb.jpg.010b6e53842f5198a4b6452cd98ed662.jpg

He was on loan at Arbroath from St Mirren and probably playing for St Mirren under 18s through the week so I'm thinking it's £35k to St Mirren plus a significant cut of whatever Aberdeen get from their sell on clause . Could be enough for another players wages  .

In regard to sell-ons, and future transfers etc. Can anyone of a similar age to me (old fart), confirm or deny the following… Ian Ferguson, Clyde to St Mirren, £60,000. Ian Ferguson, St Mirren to Deadco, £980,000?

Is my brain letting me down? Did Clyde negotiate a sell-on clause? Were sell-on clauses even a thing then?

20 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

In regard to sell-ons, and future transfers etc. Can anyone of a similar age to me (old fart), confirm or deny the following… Ian Ferguson, Clyde to St Mirren, £60,000. Ian Ferguson, St Mirren to Deadco, £980,000?

Is my brain letting me down? Did Clyde negotiate a sell-on clause? Were sell-on clauses even a thing then?

I don’t think sell ons were even a thing back then .  I certainly don’t recall Clyde ( edited for me being a dick 😂)  cracking open the champers when Fergie moved to oldco. 

Edited by callum-g

9 minutes ago, callum-g said:

I don’t think sell ons were even a thing back then .  I certainly don’t recall Bankies cracking open the champers when Fergie moved to oldco. 

Hardly surprised since he never played for the Bankies. 😛