The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

13 hours ago, Ric said:

I'm talking about the sky blue. Motolov posted the dark blue strip a few posts back, and while it's a bit odd you can see where that blue comes from.

The light blue, not sure, unless it's just "we have blue, make it lighter".

I'll be honest, I'm glad we don't use blue, one of the worst colours for a football strip imo.

Edit to include the 2002 away top:

sco_st_mirren_2_0203.gif

When I was at school in the late 60s we had gym shorts that colour It was known as Paisley Blue so that might be the connection

8 hours ago, Vambo5 said:

Ah, but is it a square sausage roll or a roll'n'sausage?

Right. Enough of this nonsense. We’re in the west of Scotland.

its a roll ‘n’ sausage. End of.

Sausage is square/ lorne  

if you want links you have to specify. 

Sauce is a personal preference.
And in no way can you ask for a sausage roll 🤦‍♂️

Drops the mic 😉

23 minutes ago, Friskysteed said:

Right. Enough of this nonsense. We’re in the west of Scotland.

its a roll ‘n’ sausage. End of.

Sausage is square/ lorne  

if you want links you have to specify. 

Sauce is a personal preference.
And in no way can you ask for a sausage roll 🤦‍♂️

Drops the mic 😉

^^^ This. Feckin’ this. Roll ‘n’ sausage… back of the net. 😎

10 hours ago, Molotov said:

Any idea why I’m able to watch Aberdeen against Stirling tonight on RedTV?

I find all this a bit confusing. 

It was available for those outside Scotland/England to watch, like every match.

16 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Buddy is for something like an American saying their best friend is their ‘best buddy’. Buddie is for a singular Paisley Buddie, a group of Paisley folk are moaning faced barstewards Paisley Buddies.

As for Jobbie v Jobby, I have no strong opinion on either, any more than I have a strong opinion on ‘tomato sauce or brown sauce on a square sausage roll’. There’s a place for both. Whatever you fancy. I’d probably come down on the side of ‘jobbie’ and ‘tomato sauce’ if pushed for an answer and my life depended on it though.

Anyway. Gie’s the mystery striker.

This place is as bad as BW Army now

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It was available for those outside Scotland/England to watch, like every match.

And if you had been paying attention St Mirren announced yesterday:

“Due to no broadcasting cameras at the SMiSA Stadium this weekend and no PPV being permitted, we are unable to show Saturday's match live on St Mirren TV.

There will, however, be live audio commentary for international and UK based subscribers.”

https://www.stmirren.com/home-matchday-information/5078-matchday-info-st-mirren-v-motherwell-19th-aug

So were Aberdeen breaking a contract agreement last night?

Boot them out the tournament! 😂 

9 hours ago, Danny said:

When I was at school in the late 60s we had gym shorts that colour It was known as Paisley Blue so that might be the connection

Oh, right. Didn't realise that was a thing.

33 minutes ago, Molotov said:

“Due to no broadcasting cameras at the SMiSA Stadium this weekend and no PPV being permitted, we are unable to show Saturday's match live on St Mirren TV.

There will, however, be live audio commentary for international and UK based subscribers.”

https://www.stmirren.com/home-matchday-information/5078-matchday-info-st-mirren-v-motherwell-19th-aug

It is complete and utter shite. Rangers, Celtic Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs are all showing international subscribers the game. Note how they all were not being played at 3pm on a Saturday. Why have 2 home games in Edinburgh at the same time tomorrow. You couldn't make it up, but someone decided to appease their fans.

46 minutes ago, Molotov said:

So there won’t be any highlight’s available? 

8 minutes ago, truesaint said:

Not expecting any highlights to be shown as sportscene's next episode is SWPL on Monday at 7PM. Nae cameras, nae highlights.

I’d hope that the St Mirren media team and Allan Picken can still provide video and photos to ensure that the Motherwell match thread can run to as many pages as the Dundee thread due to controversy. 😂 

Either that or @Div needs to go back to streaming games 😂 

What a clusterfuck. 

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

Its more likely your own club just got it wrong.

1 minute ago, truesaint said:

Nope. Same with the other 3pm kick off's today. 

PPV in Scotland/England isnt allowed at 3 on a Saturday. It is available at other times of the week/weekend dependent on agreements with competition broadcasters. Im sure clubs are allowed a handful of midweek league games to PPV each.

PPV should be available to people in every other country no matter what the time.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

PPV in Scotland/England isnt allowed at 3 on a Saturday. It is available at other times of the week/weekend dependent on agreements with competition broadcasters. Im sure clubs are allowed a handful of midweek league games to PPV each.

PPV should be available to people in every other country no matter what the time.

Agreed, so have the smaller clubs colluded and decided not to show them to international subscribers or have they been instructed not to do so???

20 minutes ago, truesaint said:

Agreed, so have the smaller clubs colluded and decided not to show them to international subscribers or have they been instructed not to do so???

I dont think anyone has?

St Johnstone show every league game, home and away, to International subscribers.

Cup games depend on the agreement with Viaplay but again, other clubs are showing games to non-UK audiences.

10 hours ago, Danny said:

Yep, same for me, St.Mirin’s Academy gym shorts were blue with a yellow stripe, fits the badge colours.

Morning all!

Match day. 🤩 My favourite day of the week.

Pity we've sold so few tickets, I really cannot understand it. 

I think this one could go all the way to pens. I think there's very little between the sides. We're obviously handicapped by missing O'Hara. They will be full of confidence after a decent start in the league and that lad, Biereth's, debut last week. They have also almost sold out the away stand.

Still, with Strain and Baccus on form I think we will be alright. Am I correct in think Bolton may start today? I wasn't overly impressed with him last game.

Changing the subject, thank you to whoever it was who recommended Fitzy, but what a missed opportunity:

Screenshot2023-08-1500_57.27(1).png.cb08ec82fdcd1482db1d166d99cb33d9.png

Oh, what could have been!