The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

6 minutes ago, btb said:

Unless Aberdeen/Hibs can turn their season around quickly then 4th spot is up for grabs by one of the diddy clubs.

Aberdeen's European adventure looks like an absolute hindrance to them just now.

Great for the fans and their coffers mind you.

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Aberdeen's European adventure looks like an absolute hindrance to them just now.

Fairy Nuff, I don't look out for competitions we're not involved in so rely on headlines spilling into the sections of the media I do read. 

1 hour ago, btb said:

Unless Aberdeen/Hibs can turn their season around quickly then 4th spot is up for grabs by one of the diddy clubs.

Sh... keep that quiet. 

It is very early on and Hibs new manager is just in the door.

The Dons though don't seem to have anything going well right now, but lots of new players to bed in.

Dream for us in 2nd, but imagine if we could win the next one.....  dream on please.

13% of the league played and we're second. 🤩  I honestly think this could be a really great season and, as I have written on here previously, have already dreamt of 'doing a Leicester'. If one cannot dream, then what's the point?

Looking ahead to our next five league fixtures:

Hearts (h)

Killie (a)

Rangers (h)

Ross County (a)

St. Johnstone (h)

I'd say 10 points from that lot will keep us in the top three. As old and cynical as I am, that's actually doable. I think we'll need to play better than we did yesterday, though. 

10 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Their manager looks like a bigger hindrance than their European campaign to he honest. 

He'll get binned this season, but I'd wager they'll wait until after the transfer window if it looks like they might not get top 6.

1 hour ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

13% of the league played and we're second. 🤩  I honestly think this could be a really great season and, as I have written on here previously, have already dreamt of 'doing a Leicester'. If one cannot dream, then what's the point?

Looking ahead to our next five league fixtures:

Hearts (h)

Killie (a)

Rangers (h)

Ross County (a)

St. Johnstone (h)

I'd say 10 points from that lot will keep us in the top three. As old and cynical as I am, that's actually doable. I think we'll need to play better than we did yesterday, though. 

Anyone who plays Football Manager knows where your first defeat is coming from there.

8 hours ago, Captain_Sensible said:

The worry is that Aberdeen sack Robson and go for Robinson 

Or some random English club goes for Robinson

Otherwise 3rd place is not only realistic but we can split the OF

I don't think after the Glass/Goodwin/Robson reigns Aberdeen fans will stand for someone like Robbo. 

6 minutes ago, GAD said:

Won't matter how many times you reload that save either.

Aye.

Former player with winner with his first goal in 500+ days too.

IMO Robinsons in a weird place in Scotland.

Theres kind of tiers and i think hes "stuck" in the 3rd.

Tier 1 of Celtic/Rangers one he'll never be in IMO, and they wouldnt even consider him seriously.

Tier 2 of Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibernian. Different timeline and they look at him, but Aberdeen wont go back to you after Goodwin flopped and likely look abroad after Robson. Hibs wont due to a perceived "style of play" and the fact theyre trying to break the wheel and have success from outwith the UK. Hearts the most likely, and only realistic domestic option, for Robinson IMO. But can see them also looking abroad when Naismith goes.

Tier 3 i cant see any club who tempts him from you as it stands.

Englands where your issue is and if his previous record is anything to go off then hes likely got his agent poised for any Championship/top end L1 jobs that come up.