The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

6 minutes ago, AW saint said:

McMenamin is not the player I thought he would be. 

He did well for the first half dozen games, then the manager started putting him at WB.

If you watch the N Ireland games where he usually plays well, they just stick him out on the wing with the apparent instructions to get the ball into the box whenever you can.

2 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Pleasing we are in the next round fingers crossed for a home tie. I'm staying in Paisley Friday night any recommendations for a Indian.  

Indian Scene in Glasgow Road next to Harvies.

However, I'm sure any of the others in will be fine.

I notice the Ashoka has opened up where La mirage/Bruno's used to be.

21 hours ago, Stan Bo said:

I was wondering if we were the team that were in for him. Can't see it being Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen. Killie and Dundee have signed Stewart and Main. St Johnstone and Motherwell I wouldn't imagine have the funds leaving us or Ross County? 

Can't say he's ever overly impressed but does seem like a bit of a Robinson signing in terms of physicality 

Was it Nouble that at points last season had a million pound price tag attached to him?

I know that would have had an element of exaggeration to it, but even so, I can’t imagine that we’d be able to pay even 1/10th of that.  

13 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Was it Nouble that at points last season had a million pound price tag attached to him?

I know that would have had an element of exaggeration to it, but even so, I can’t imagine that we’d be able to pay even 1/10th of that.  

Apparently Martindale has said the fee will be "nominal" - for a guy who's just turned 28, is out of contract at the end of the season and has yet to score a league goal this season I'd say even that's too much.

37 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

21 minutes ago, btb said:

the fee will be "nominal" - for a guy who's just turned 28, is out of contract at the end of the season and has yet to score a league goal this season I'd say even that's too much.

Martindale's been advertising him to get dosh and rid of him.

Yes there are times he does magic stuff, but he doesn't cover back well at all.

Which is why I would doubt SR would want him.

I think they are making up Scottish Premiership interest.

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

McMenamin is not the player I thought he would be. 

Yeah that was a great chance for him yesterday, and he was disappointing, again. He can’t really get a game when everyone is fit, but because of injuries he got his start yesterday in his favoured attacking position at home to a lower league club.
He did nothing and it was no surprise he was the first to be hooked. We improved markedly as soon as he went off, Jamieson just looked far more interested. 
If we had got him on a free transfer there wouldn’t be this kind of scrutiny on him, he’s a decent enough squad player.
It’s the fact we paid big money for him and he’ll be on a big wage that’s the problem. I think we all hoped we were getting another McGrath/Ronan type of player. A technician that would get regular goals and assists and would win us games of football by themselves, as they both did. 
It became clear early on he was nowhere near the level of those guys, he has one goal all season, and that was in a game we lost. I expect it will be back to the bench for him at the weekend.

Not ideal, but to win the cup, better to get them now. 

Full House pay day.

Guess Kwon will be out though.

Looks like you could predict the winner of every tie except the Livi one. But cup surprises happen... the Fakes and RC last round - hopefully us + Airdrie or ICT.

We need to be starting again like the start of the season.

Get goal scorers and "assisters" in ASAP.

13 minutes ago, medals said:

Not ideal, but to win the cup, better to get them now. 

Full House pay day.

Guess Kwon will be out though.

Looks like you could predict the winner of every tie except the Livi one. But cup surprises happen... the Fakes and RC last round - hopefully us + Airdrie or ICT.

We need to be starting again like the start of the season.

Get goal scorers and "assisters" in ASAP.

Should generate some more funds to wheel and deal over the next few days.

Getting Celtic is a blow. However I am thinking the game may be picked up for T.V giving us extra money. 

Hoping this allows Robbo a few extra pounds to get a couple of players in. 

Kwon will be out so hopefully Baccus will be back in time. 

38 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Should generate some more funds to wheel and deal over the next few days.

That's what I meant by full house pay day.

6 figures from crowd and hospitality plus possible TV revenue too perhaps.

28 minutes ago, greenock saint said:

Was reading that the rules state we have to give them 20% of tickets. Wonder how that will work out.

No chance the percentage would be that high (even if it actually impacted us) when it would force them to give 12k to Rangers.

I’d cite safety concerns and give them 200, personally.

1 minute ago, codfish said:

No chance the percentage would be that high (even if it actually impacted us) when it would force them to give 12k to Rangers.

I’d cite safety concerns and give them 200, personally.

Yeah my bad. That's what I get for reading one of their websites that appeared on my newsnow feed. At 66 I really should know better.

29 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Getting Celtic is a blow. However I am thinking the game may be picked up for T.V giving us extra money. 

Hoping this allows Robbo a few extra pounds to get a couple of players in. 

Kwon will be out so hopefully Baccus will be back in time. 

We’ll get around £25k for the game being on TV mate, nothing game changing really

4 minutes ago, greenock saint said:

Yeah my bad. That's what I get for reading one of their websites that appeared on my newsnow feed. At 66 I really should know better.

To be fair, nothing would surprise me. The cheeks probably get an exemption from it, but the likes of Killie, Motherwell and the Edinburgh/Dundee clubs would be expected to comply.

11 minutes ago, SS77 said:

We’ll get around £25k for the game being on TV mate, nothing game changing really

Ahh but when you add revenue from the game it should add nicely to our player budget.