The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

10 hours ago, NorthBank said:

A couple of things stood out tonight. Taylor must start - offers so much going forward and can pass a ball. And McMenamin offers far more on the left than on the right.

(Weird tonight that we started with Elvis and Conor on the right when they are both left footed. The ball constantly went inside and severely limited our options.)

Jayden Brown started and Elvis came on in the second half. 

1 hour ago, Lola montez said:

Jayden Brown started and Elvis came on in the second half. 

I meant Brown, not Elvis who is right footed. My error.

Anyone else had issues renewing? My son has turned 12 this month, happy to pay the 12-17 rate as, obviously, he's no longer under 12. 

When I change the ticket from under 12 to 12-17 I get an error saying nothing in cart (or similar) after I try to upload his passport as proof of age. 

1 hour ago, Stan Bo said:

Anyone else had issues renewing? My son has turned 12 this month, happy to pay the 12-17 rate as, obviously, he's no longer under 12. 

When I change the ticket from under 12 to 12-17 I get an error saying nothing in cart (or similar) after I try to upload his passport as proof of age. 

I've always had issues renewing online for my son, usually i need to go to the ticket office to sort out.

3 hours ago, Stan Bo said:

I had same issue. Ended up going to box office to sort. They did suggest it could be the file format uploaded as proof might not be recognised. I was using jpg, maybe try a pdf? 

12 minutes ago, SS77 said:

No chance that happens now we’ve signed Rooney.

Rooney will be Strains direct replacement. With Dunne away and Fraser getting on a bit there will 100% be another CB coming in I would have thought. 

12 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Rooney will be Strains direct replacement. With Dunne away and Fraser getting on a bit there will 100% be another CB coming in I would have thought. 

Yeah we’ll 100% sign a left sided centre back. We’ve got Fraser, Gogic, Bolton and Rooney at a push who can all play right centre back. Signing Rooney definitely put an end to the Balmer rumour.

What’s with all the Fraser nonsense? He’s had a good season and shown no sign of decline IMO, has been one of our most dependable players. When Robinson came he had him benched to play Tait or some other inferior player and quickly realised the error of his way. He has been captain and pretty much an ever present since. All our centre halves made and will make mistakes for whatever reason Fraser’s are highlighted more.

1 minute ago, buddie06smfc said:

What’s with all the Fraser nonsense? He’s had a good season and shown no sign of decline IMO, has been one of our most dependable players. When Robinson came he had him benched to play Tait or some other inferior player and quickly realised the error of his way. He has been captain and pretty much an ever present since. All our centre halves made and will make mistakes for whatever reason Fraser’s are highlighted more.

Was wondering that myseIf, I think he's had a fine season and was pretty surprised to learn he's become a boo boy target. What's happened over the last few months is Taylor has been dropped, Bolton has taken Marcus' position at right centre back and he's been shifted over to slightly out of position left centre back.  Robinson was asked why the right footer had effectively replaced the left footer at left centre back and he said it's because Fraser makes less mistakes in that position, which seems right to me. Taylor's mistake for the first goal on Wednesday seemed to back that up further.  

He's 29, in his prime and already played 131 games for the club. I see no reason why he can't play 131 more games for us, and I hope he does. 

15 hours ago, Stan Bo said:

I have had that issue renewing my sons Student ST, so suspect it's something to do with the uploading of proof as I don't think that's been a thing before.

I've reported to the ticket office.

16 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

I didn't see the quotes myself, but was there not a line reported from Robbo where he said the data showed Fraser 'made less mistakes' at LCB, which is why he'd been getting used there?

Not my words and I can't vouch for the source, but if it's true that the management has identified he's making too many errors, then it feels natural that they'd also be looking for improvements.

Regardless of who comes in, he'll still be playing a massive role still next season.

Be very surprised if Jacob Bedeau does not come in as LCB.

We've been after him before and were priced out but he's out of contract this Summer.

Ticks every Robbo box.