The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

If the 5pm announcement is the launch of an away strip, which has been teased by a 16 second video of a Kia car meant to signify being ‘on the road’, then come on, that’s naff’. I just want a strip with climalite technology and underarm mesh panels to allow me movement that inspires.

6 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

The "boys" being those who have quietly put £12/month into St Mirren for the best part of a decade now (on top of season tickets, etc), helping the club improve on and off the park.

Yeah, disgusting!

By that logic Panda club members should get a ballot also.

6 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

The "boys" being those who have quietly put £12/month into St Mirren for the best part of a decade now (on top of season tickets, etc), helping the club improve on and off the park.

Yeah, disgusting!

Are all "boys" season ticket holders ?

So what you are saying is that the more money you put into the club, you should have more chance of a ticket for games.

That would mean OAP should have less chance than fans paying the full amount for their season tickets. 

34 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

If the 5pm announcement is the launch of an away strip, which has been teased by a 16 second video of a Kia car meant to signify being ‘on the road’, then come on, that’s naff’. I just want a strip with climalite technology and underarm mesh panels to allow me movement that inspires.

Claiming its a big announcement, if it turns out it is simply a strip launch, would be very underwhelming. 

51 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

at would mean OAP should have less chance than fans paying the full amount for their season tickets. 

1 hour ago, thomas said:

By that logic Panda club members should get a ballot also.

Exactly it. First dibs to the Panda club and bomb out the moaning OAPs.

9 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

mmm ? Twitter, Tickets for euro now to be handled by the club not SMISA

The club has always been handling the tickets - the issue is that in a world where tickets for Iceland will likely be very limited (hence the need for a ballot in the first place) SMISA should not have been even considering ringfencing any of these at all for only their own members. I understand there has to be a line drawn somewhere and that 'fairest' compromise line is probably with season ticket holders but if SMISA were insistent on ringfencing any of these tickets at all, it would have been much more palatable for them to offer them up in a ballot to members who for whatever reason, are not season ticket holders - essentially people who had no means of entering the current ballot.

Instead, they actively pushed it to the entire membership above entry level as 'sign up for the ballot and you'll have two chances to pull a ticket!' which is frankly, pretty stinking.

And I say that as someone who is a paid up member of SMISA and would have been eligible to enter myself into the second ballot had it not been pulled.

7 hours ago, Oldchap said:

Agree with this. For me the people who go to away games every week should get priority but there's no way of doing that . 

And thankfully so, there's no way of doing that. I've been a season ticket holder for approaching 26 years and travelled home and away every single week, regardless of who, where and what day/time until my early 30s. I followed us routinely home and away through the proper shite years of the 90s and early 2000s and could probably count on two hands the total number of games I didn't or couldn't attend in that period.

Life has since changed though like it has for many in the past 10 years and although I don't go every week to away games, I still try and manage around 6-8 away games a season. I don't think someone who has been going to away games week-in week-out for the past 2 or 3 seasons should deserve to be placed in any higher priority than I should, nor should I be given higher priority over them when it comes to tickets.

I've seen folk online moaning about 'Aye, you want a ticket for Iceland but did you go to Dingwall on the two midweek trips this season? Cause I did!' No, I didn't, because unfortunately I have a life, a job and responsibilities now that pretty much writes off my ability to do so....when I was your age though? f**k yes I did! I went to Inverness two back to back Wednesdays in a row to watch us get horsed out the Challenge Cup and the the League Cup in 1999 - I even cadged a lift off a relative stranger to and from the first game as there were no buses running.

Edited by djchapsticks

2 hours ago, Drooper said:

It would also be very St Mirren....

To be fair, I think our strip launches these days (along with many other things), are night and day better than they used to be. Not sure about the teaser video that looks like an out-take from an Audi TV advert, but hey, it’s better than some ‘dolly burdz’ popping up at the Normandy wearing the new strip with the shorts as ‘high waisters’.

Ah, the old days. ‘Dolly Burdz’ and the strips finally launched ten weeks after everyone else… and show as ‘sold out’ after thirty seconds of being put up online… before the sponsor patch peels off after one wash, kids sizes run out after two days and are never re-ordered, and…. I miss the old days*

*Not much. 🤪