The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

46 minutes ago, Div said:

Either way it's a boost to us if he's not playing.

Yeah, either way you split it, it's not a negative to us that he's not going to be in their squad.

There is always the fear of a Scottish team, in European competition, the tie is pretty much level and someone from the opposition throws in a complete worldy. We've seen it often enough. I am more than happy to remove Sigurdsson from that equation.

Weather set fair, pitch will be immaculate, almost a total sell out, and the place will be buzzing.

Whatever happens, the build up beats trying to raise some enthusiasm for a League Cup group match shitfest which will likely go to penalties against a lower league diddy.

Edited by pozbaird

30 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Weather set fair, pitch will be immaculate, almost a total sell out, and the place will be buzzing.

Whatever happens, the build up beats trying to raise some enthusiasm for a League Cup group match shitfest which will likely go to penalties against a lower league diddy.

Just need to hope the team turn up now. We've not got a brilliant track record at the SMiSA in front of big home crowds, and this will be the biggest ever.

Throw in live coverage on council telly and we've got both a recipe for disaster and a recipe for one of the greatest nights of recent times!

Absolutely buzzing!

We must be up for this one straight from the kick-off. Get them on the back foot and press hard.

If we can get an early goal they might shit the bed and the tie could be won by H-T.

Then again, it's St Mirren isn't it ?

38 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

We must be up for this one straight from the kick-off. Get them on the back foot and press hard.

If we can get an early goal they might shit the bed and the tie could be won by H-T.

Then again, it's St Mirren isn't it ?

It’s a lovely thought though isn’t it that just for once we could do something like that and just be able to enjoy it. 🤣🤣

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

7 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

Will the knickers starting drying after Olusanya and Mandron both score 2 on Thursday? 

7 hours ago, Friskysteed said:

Yes, but until then…🚽

B&WA has arrived on P&Bs shores.

3 hours ago, Div said:

How have they managed to pull together highlights of a 0-0 game and leave out the incident that saw one of the teams get a red card? 🤣

You’ve got to love home broadcaster editing 😂

1 hour ago, Torfason said:

B&WA has arrived on P&Bs shores.

Very good 🤣. I admit to being a bit nervous, but only cos I didn’t get to Iceland and am desperate to see Saints away in Europe. 
I do actually think we’ve got enough in our squad to get a good result on Thursday, but we all know what it’s like following the buds. 
Is BAWA still going??

3 minutes ago, Friskysteed said:

Very good 🤣. I admit to being a bit nervous, but only cos I didn’t get to Iceland and am desperate to see Saints away in Europe. 
I do actually think we’ve got enough in our squad to get a good result on Thursday, but we all know what it’s like following the buds. 
Is BAWA still going??

I can only remember being nervous about 1 game and that was before SHM day at Forthbank, as I genuinely thought we wouldn’t survive going down, games like Thursday should be savored. 

If our strikers play well then we should have enough to get the job done, mind you I thought that after Mechelen 🤦🏼‍♂️😛

11 minutes ago, Friskysteed said:

Is BAWA still going??

I’m with you Bud. Couldn’t make Iceland because of a prior commitment, but coming up for the home game and DEFINITELY going to Bergen/Deventer if we get thru. 🤞🤞

A bit disappointed the club hasn't started any process for away tickets" IF" we get through on Thursday as there isn't much time to make arrangements. 

I also hope that anyone who signs up on a ballot is committed to going. The amount of selfishness on the last ballot caused no end of grief and left people who could go out in the cold.

I managed to get there using a home ticket but that's unlikely  to be an option for Bergen and definitely not for Deventer.

It would also be helpful if the club could get a process together to confirm  individual ballot applications had been received . 

22 minutes ago, Oldchap said:

A bit disappointed the club hasn't started any process for away tickets" IF" we get through on Thursday as there isn't much time to make arrangements. 

I also hope that anyone who signs up on a ballot is committed to going. The amount of selfishness on the last ballot caused no end of grief and left people who could go out in the cold.

I managed to get there using a home ticket but that's unlikely  to be an option for Bergen and definitely not for Deventer.

It would also be helpful if the club could get a process together to confirm  individual ballot applications had been received . 

I'd be surprised if there is any need for a ticket ballot if we got through. We should get more than enough for either stadium, Norway especially.

It's also harsh calling folk selfish for not being committed. I didn't get a ticket in either ballot but by the time the second ballot rolled around, would have been well and truly priced out of going anyway, particularly on my own.

The B team are 3 nil up after 12 minutes.

Sutherland and 2 others.

Something along these lines on Thursday would be real nice.

Edited by medals

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, SelkirkSaint said:

Go Ahead away section only takes 400. Its highly likely there would be a ballot again.

The minimum they are required to give by UEFA is 520 tickets. (5% of 10,400 capacity) 

I'd imagine there would be a very healthy travelling contingent interested in coming from Netherlands (given Dutch fans do travel in decent numbers) and a situation would be negotiated where we'd allocate them more than the minimum number of away tickets if they reciprocated in kind.

Edited by djchapsticks

47 minutes ago, medals said:

The B team are 3 nil up after 12 minutes.

Sutherland and 2 others.

Something along these lines on Thursday would be real nice.

Thommo's son is on the bench

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'd imagine there would be a very healthy travelling contingent interested in coming from Netherlands (given Dutch fans do travel in decent numbers) and a situation would be negotiated where we'd allocate them more than the minimum number of away tickets if they reciprocated in kind.

This would be good. Attendance at the Brann game was under 9k, so there could be some flexibility.