The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Not renewed the season ticket yet having watched various games behind closed doors it just feels a damp squid.  Have the money aside unfortunately all income has stopped in our household so living on our rainy day fund. Have a buddie vision subscription so full game can be watched on a Sunday.  Just can't see crowds returning this full season unless a vaccine is forthcoming. Was thinking season ticket holders could be spread out in seats around the stadium but then toilet facilities become a problem. Should things change then I will get a season ticket gutted that I may lose my seat which has been the same one from our first season at Greenhill road. Still keeping on the SMISA membership.  Here is hoping things will change. 

35 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Not renewed the season ticket yet having watched various games behind closed doors it just feels a damp squid.  Have the money aside unfortunately all income has stopped in our household so living on our rainy day fund. Have a buddie vision subscription so full game can be watched on a Sunday.  Just can't see crowds returning this full season unless a vaccine is forthcoming. Was thinking season ticket holders could be spread out in seats around the stadium but then toilet facilities become a problem. Should things change then I will get a season ticket gutted that I may lose my seat which has been the same one from our first season at Greenhill road. Still keeping on the SMISA membership.  Here is hoping things will change. 

Fans will be allowed back into stadiums as normal without a fully functioning and 100% guaranteed vaccine being found. Just my opinion. I believe coronavirus will be something, like other things, that we have to live with, manage, and deal with. It isn’t the only thing mankind has to manage, deal with, and work around. My guess, and it’s just that, a guess, is that fans will be back in Scottish stadiums in November. Or February 2021, if Sturgeon has anything to do with it.

Edited by pozbaird

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

...anyway, while we’re waiting for a vaccine, have the club put out a photo yet of a player actually wearing the new kit?

Players won't be back training until next week. Doubt the club will have wanted to bring a player in purely to wear the kit whilst the current restrictions are in place (assuming that pics would have been needed to be taken from March). The digital mock up works just fine. 

Good signing that. Lot of experience at this level, over 100 games for Motherwell in the last 4 years.

Can play right back and centre back according to Wikipedia.

First of many hopefully. When we back training? [emoji219] for the new season.

Can't remember him ever playing centre back, he's way too small for that. Can play left and right back, pretty attack minded full back.
Would have been happy enough to see him stay at FP as backup, but seems to have lost the little speed he had and was never going to be first pick in front of Grimshaw or Carroll.

31 minutes ago, Lex said:

Good signing that. Lot of experience at this level, over 100 games for Motherwell in the last 4 years.

Can play right back and centre back according to Wikipedia.

First of many hopefully. When we back training? emoji219.png for the new season.

As above he’s not a centre half and never will be, but happy on either side. Great signing.

Tait will be a very good signing for you lot. Can't really add much to what other 'Well fans have said. He seemed to lose what little pace he had but he's defensively solid and will always put in 100%.

Goals were never part of his game but I would bet my mortgage that he'll score against us next season.

Our recruitment has been so much better recently. Obviously we'll never get 100% of them right, but we're definitely heading in the right direction. It just feels considered and part of a plan.

Feels weird after some of the transfer windows we've endured in the past decade.