The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

So, everything pointing to a new signing tomorrow.

If it's who I've been told it is (as is looking likely with Brian Graham now off to Cheltenham), then it's an interesting one if nothing else...

It's Armand Oné. Gutted he chose Paisley over G82, but I guess we simply can't compete with $t$o Mone¥

I'm intrigued by this.. don't know who we could bring in at this stage that would be better than Sutton. Ross only played Sutton against Airdre and Falkirk when it became clear that Reilly couldn't play upfront himself though so he clearly doesn't seem him as a regular starter.

Edited by irvine_buddie

28 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:

twitter isn't a happy place right now i must be one of the few who isn't in the know.  going by comments i wont be getting my hopes up.

Nothing unusual there!

I don't know who it is either. I'm obviously not one of the cool kids :(

EDIT: Miunderstood some posts, think I do know who it is. Only taken us 10 years.

Edited by Stu

Reading Black and White Army has me positively excited about this. They reckon the striker is a shite and Sutton is being released to bring him in.

Should brighten up an hour or so at work I'm sure.

Seriously, what undeniably dreadful strikers are free agents apart from Shankland? Obviously it could be a Sammon type declared surplus to requirements at their club but if it's a free agent who else could it be? Unless it's someone like Goodwillie and the rage isn't about the ability.

2 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Seriously, what undeniably dreadful strikers are free agents apart from Shankland? Obviously it could be a Sammon type declared surplus to requirements at their club but if it's a free agent who else could it be? Unless it's someone like Goodwillie and the rage isn't about the ability.

He's not undeniably dreadful. In fact, he hasn't really stopped scoring goals at any point in his career. Nor is he about to drag the reputation of our club down. It's just that he clearly hasn't had clubs beating down his door to sign him.

Also, people were just starting to believe that maybe Sutton and Reilly were a decent option, and big John has the potential to hurt us if he leaves for a rival.

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

He's not undeniably dreadful. In fact, he hasn't really stopped scoring goals at any point in his career. Nor is he about to drag the reputation of our club down. It's just that he clearly hasn't had clubs beating down his door to sign him.

Also, people were just starting to believe that maybe Sutton and Reilly were a decent option, and big John has the potential to hurt us if he leaves for a rival.

It's Shankland isn't it?