The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

I fear for myself in those two shirts. I've not owned a St. Mirren top in about 10 years (not even 2012/13) and decided to go for them this year to help to give the club a bit of money. I ordered a XXL as I was always an XL previously and was thinking there would be plenty of room as I hate a tight fitba top.

Might need to go 3X on it. 😳

13 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I fear for myself in those two shirts. I've not owned a St. Mirren top in about 10 years (not even 2012/13) and decided to go for them this year to help to give the club a bit of money. I ordered a XXL as I was always an XL previously and was thinking there would be plenty of room as I hate a tight fitba top.

Is that when the vertical stripes turn into horizontal ones.. ;)

1 hour ago, RussellV1 said:

Pics of new kits

7AEDA8E3-5DE5-4C48-9CD8-63AD430C1F29.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The back of the home shirt...a fucking shambles.

Image may contain: one or more people

I thought that kit might look OK with a black back. It doesn’t. It looks fcuking dreadful. Put stripes on the back for fcuk sake. How difficult can it be. Also, the collar on the shirt Magennis is wearing isn’t what was shown on the previously issued image.

07978563-11CB-4AAD-B5E8-58A0934650E2.jpeg

Edited by pozbaird

I think Magennis makes a good right sided midfielder. Might not be an out & out winger as Durmus is on the left but he can put in a good shift. I think his best form at Saints was when Jack Ross played him right wing soon after he got the job then he kept that position for the full 18 months of Ross being manager. I’m sure if he became available then Jack Ross wouldn’t hesitate in signing him for Hibs or wherever he has applied for recently. His injuries have been really unlucky, the one at Ibrox was completely innocuous. Then again McGrath had a couple of decent games on the right side just as the season was ending.

Hopefully Jakubiak will be back to play behind Obika, wouldn’t go as far as saying it was the Andreu role/position.

JG on Sky Sports saying 4 or 5 more in, primarily defenders.

Also looking for another centre forward to compete with Jon Obika and Morias.

Personally, I think 2 centre halves, a left back and two forward options are a must if 5 more is the number.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Kyle has put on a bit of waight no doubt from working out in the gym.  Kyle  probably thinks he is a medium as we all did once 😅

I don't like the black back, white back would have probably suited the shirt more - or indeed just to continue the stripes. No doubt done to appease the usual Scottish commentators would whine about how hard it is to see the names and numbers. 

16 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

JG on Sky Sports saying 4 or 5 more in, primarily defenders.

Also looking for another centre forward to compete with Jon Obika and Morias.

Personally, I think 2 centre halves, a left back and two forward options are a must if 5 more is the number.

If he's looking at defenders I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Peter Hartley ended up in Paisley along with Tait.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

If he's looking at defenders I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Peter Hartley ended up in Paisley along with Tait.

Interesting. Jim seems to love a bit of experience and he'd be a decent shout alongside McCarthy.

22 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Interesting. Jim seems to love a bit of experience and he'd be a decent shout alongside McCarthy.

I'm not suggesting anything it's just that listening to Hartley on the What The Falk podcast the other week he was saying that the way the season ended it meant that he didn't have anything sorted out for next season but he's said in a few interviews that he enjoys playing in the Premiership and would be open to continuing up here.

From what he was saying in that podcast he still has a place up here as well, for the moment at least.

He was our captain last season, Tait was our vice captain so if JG is looking for 'experience' and leadership qualities you could probably do worse than Hartley. Just don't ask him to play the ball out from the back.

Edited by capt_oats

Yes Hartley would be another solid signing, he’s not the most cultured of players but is a good organiser and strong, seemed to lose something after a long term injury but to be fair he played a lot of games last season in a team that finished third in the league which tells its own story.

I like Hartley. 

He'd be a good compliment to McCarthy who CAN play out from the back.

It would also make a lot of sense given the Tait connection, he's got plenty of experience and has proven he's good enough at this level.

Just now, WHU said:

Hartley would be a surprise, since Goodwin isn't keen on Baird because he cant play the ball out from the back. 

Looking at both Famewo and McLoughlin, who were both comfortable with the ball at their feet, you would have to say that Hartley isn't the type of CH that Goodwin is after.

Stranger things have happened though.

22 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

STV news reporting our budget has been slashed that Goodwin hopes there is enough in the budget to bring in four players. 

All clubs will be the same. We will have loan options as well.