The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

It's all about opinions.

I don't happen to think he was "very good". Although his goals were indeed something special.

Didn't he sweep the board for our YPOTY?

You can argue he didn't have much competition but he was still in the position where he impressed enough even against Erhahon to nail that.

11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Didn't he sweep the board for our YPOTY?

You can argue he didn't have much competition but he was still in the position where he impressed enough even against Erhahon to nail that.

I don't think we need to argue.

Erhahon? Everybody's favourite.:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, ZingaliMan said:

Henderson is rubbish if you believe the ejits. We should sign him up immediately at least for a season. . however Robinson I trust.  

Not one person has said that he's "rubbish".

Some people have questioned whether, on the back of his performances for a championship team, he's good enough for a team who have ambitions on being a consistent top six challenger.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Aside from that, I'd absolutely love Morton to have a late season glory run and get their arses in the top flight at long last. 

A top flight Renfrewshire Derby would be great!

Though Sky would still fucking pie it.

Morton are shit tell me the last time they competed with Saints in the same league ya  daftie 

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

I don't think we need to argue.

Erhahon? Everybody's favourite.:rolleyes:

Again, the shite Erhahon took was nonsense. Some were tripping over themselves to bemoan his attitude,  his workrate, his ability. For my experience, I feel like our young players are given leeway to an extent and then the gloves come off with them pretty quickly.

You and I have both been about long enough to know that the majority of young players get it. I recall Kenny McLean taking stick in droves and a guy behind me writing off John McGinn 20 seconds into his debut against Celtic as he was 'a fucking midget'.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Again, the shite Erhahon took was nonsense. Some were tripping over themselves to bemoan his attitude,  his workrate, his ability. For my experience, I feel like our young players are given leeway to an extent and then the gloves come off with them pretty quickly.

You and I have both been about long enough to know that the majority of young players get it. I recall Kenny McLean taking stick in droves and a guy behind me writing off John McGinn 20 seconds into his debut against Celtic as he was 'a fucking midget'.

Absolutely.

We still had some brainless tits writing off McGinn when he signed for Hibs.

I could well be wrong, but I just don't see Henderson as being as good as any of the players that you've mentioned.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Absolutely.

We still had some brainless tits writing off McGinn when he signed for Hibs.

I could well be wrong, but I just don't see Henderson as being as good as any of the players that you've mentioned.

I definitely don't either. I do think he's going to go on to be a good hand at this level though.

I have been wrong before though, I thought moving Jon McShane on was a massive error and his career fizzled out really quickly.

If we choose to move him on though, I'm also content with the fact thst we'd get a six figure development fee for him.

2 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

That's the top division. The answer to his question "tell me the last time they competed with Saints in the same league ya  daftie" is 1999/2000.

Surely 2017/18 then? Or you just blanked that spell in the championship out? Wouldn't blame you!

Edited by djchapsticks

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Surely 2017/18 then? Or you just blanked that spell in the championship out? Wouldn't blame you!

Obvs they finished above us the two seasons prior to that as well - when they put us back in our box/rightful place, etc etc. 

Can't agree with wanting to see them promoted, tbh. Their ongoing failure is too amusing.

8 hours ago, Billy_Gunn said:

Cammy MacPherson is fucking dog shit

Aye, you absolutely reek of one of those weirdos who despises all your own clubs youth prospects.

Presumably every time your club goes on a losing run its because players are soft and need "their arses kicked" too.

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, you absolutely reek of one of those weirdos who despises all your own clubs youth prospects.

Presumably every time your club goes on a losing run its because players are soft and need "their arses kicked" too.

On 19/05/2022 at 10:03, RandomGuy. said:

He's class, and massive, and I'll be fucking seething if you lot have enjoyed Doyle-Hayes and him while we deal with fucking shit like Butterfield and MacPherson.

Bit hypocritical no?

Edited by Molotov

15 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Bit hypocritical no?

Is MacPherson one of our youth prospects?

He was shit last season, but it sure seems like that was down to him being in an abysmal side and a set up that exploited all his weaknesses.

Theres no real discussion now that he starts for us (when fit).