The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

4 minutes ago, Drooper said:

Aye, unless he posted it himself - and even then, given what we know of the guy of late, a degree of scepticism should be employed - then I would be reserving judgement on this.

Surely nobody would be daft enough to fake such a letter to themselves knowing it would be easily debunked.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

If that’s genuine that’s disgraceful.  By all means say they don’t want him to have anything to do with the 1877 Club any more but to ban him from the stadium is shocking.

It’s absolutely not. 😂 The guy is an absolute bunnet. 

1 minute ago, McG said:

It’s absolutely not. 😂 The guy is an absolute bunnet. 

If what you're saying is correct, then he's doing damage to the club not just across the football community, but to our own fanbase too.

Sounds like a lot of them haven't heard any of the background of this and think the club are being fascist and draconian.

Just dipped back onto BAWA. It's been so long that it wasn't even coming up as auto-complete on my phone. The place is a state. I wish I had the time and headspace to get that involved in shite like this. I mean, I still wouldn't, but it'd be nice to have the time.

3 hours ago, Stu said:

If that’s genuine that’s disgraceful.  By all means say they don’t want him to have anything to do with the 1877 Club any more but to ban him from the stadium is shocking.

Multiple sources - who has has levelled the allegations against - have shot down his claims and he is still persist on defaming the club, the Kibble and is alleging the council are also wrong.

There is no way the club can allow him back now. He’s taken things too far.

However, he will still 100% be voted onto the SMISA board by his pals.

Mr Wardrop and SMISA is a joke at this point.

Buddies make five-figure bid

St Mirren have made a bid for Morecambe’s Jacob Bedeau.

The Buddies have tabled a five figure offer for the 23-year-old. Record Sport had previously confirmed Stephen Robinson’s interest in landing his former defender.

Robinson took Bedeau from Burnley in 2022. He knows there is likely to be strong interest and is keen to close a quick deal, if he can.

Robinson is now hoping his ex-club will do business after their relegation to England’s League Two. Shrimps boss Derek Adams would be keen to keep Bedeau but has been working with one of the smallest budgets in the Football League.

Adams confirmed recently that he doesn't even know what his budget will be for next season. St Mirren are hoping they can still grab a late European push and that would be an added incentive to lure Bedeau north.

The Englishman has had senior spells at Aston Villa, Burnley and Bury. St Mirren are also keen on Fulham striker Keiron Bowie and are also looking at Larne midfielder Fuad Sule.

19 minutes ago, greenock saint said:

The Buddies have tabled a five figure offer for the 23-year-old. Record Sport had previously confirmed Stephen Robinson’s interest in landing his former defender.

Robinson took Bedeau from Burnley in 2022. He knows there is likely to be strong interest and is keen to close a quick deal, if he can.

Robinson is now hoping his ex-club will do business after their relegation to England’s League Two. Shrimps boss Derek Adams would be keen to keep Bedeau but has been working with one of the smallest budgets in the Football League.

Adams confirmed recently that he doesn't even know what his budget will be for next season. St Mirren are hoping they can still grab a late European push and that would be an added incentive to lure Bedeau north.

The Englishman has had senior spells at Aston Villa, Burnley and Bury. St Mirren are also keen on Fulham striker Keiron Bowie and are also looking at Larne midfielder Fuad Sule.

Fingers crossed we get him

8 hours ago, greenock saint said:

Bedeau is a player, will be delighted if we get him.

No dog in the fight and he clearly can't be associated in an official capacity but banning your own fans from the stadium in a personal capacity looks petty and vindictive. Seemed that they were dealing with it pretty well all things considered by sticking to the facts but you imagine this will only make things worse. 

19 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Self obsessed trouble maker makes a rip roaring clown of himself. He should be chased right out of the club before the majority of fans withdraw their SMISA membership.  

My only dealings with Alan Wardrop have been through the 1877 club and been very positive. Almost every premiership club is represented where I stay many locals have been guests of mine some with disabilities . Alan Wardrop has always answered emails promptly and when needed help was at hand even down to parking close to the main stand. 1877 club is a great success Alan is the man behind the idea and runs it to this day. I have heard many run Alan down fine we all have views to me he has been helpful and very pleasant in any dealings I have had.  

50 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

The other successful candidates are going to have a hard task growing the membership, as they hope, after this whole debacle. 

I’m still amazed Wardrop hasn’t been told to withdraw his application - he’s embarrassed himself and in turn brought more attention than what’s needed to the club.

10 hours ago, greenock saint said:

Unless we are out bud can see this going through. Morecambe are in a bad way financially 

12 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Multiple sources - who has has levelled the allegations against - have shot down his claims and he is still persist on defaming the club, the Kibble and is alleging the council are also wrong.

There is no way the club can allow him back now. He’s taken things too far.

However, he will still 100% be voted onto the SMISA board by his pals.

Mr Wardrop and SMISA is a joke at this point.

One of his claims was that the club and/or foundation weren't informed when the application was initially made. Rather than being shot down, this has been confirmed - with no explanation as to why this happened. The fact they were informed later and the application was unsuccessful doesn't let them off the hook for me - it would have harder for the club or foundation to object to the proposal if it had already cleared the first hurdle.

The other main claim was club land was going to be used, which has been denied by Kibble, who say it was a mistake by the council. The council is quoted saying it wasn't a mistake, but was "indicative", so their stories don't quite match up. There has at least been an explanation for that issue and there's no real reason people shouldn't accept it, however I've seen plenty of proposals that have only been suggested/indicative etc options that miraculously match the final plan. But that's my professional cynicism coming out.

2 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

No dog in the fight and he clearly can't be associated in an official capacity but banning your own fans from the stadium in a personal capacity looks petty and vindictive. Seemed that they were dealing with it pretty well all things considered by sticking to the facts but you imagine this will only make things worse. 

I agree - it makes no sense for him still to be involved with the 1877 Club but banning him from the entire ground because he's been talking pish is over the top and is not a good look. If folk are going to start being kept away from football because they've been spouting shite then most of this forum, including myself, will be barred.

It would be great if Lewis Jamieson proves to be a goal scorer we had right under our noses all along.

At the very least, he’s hopefully an inexpensive squad player. 

His goal scoring record is actually half decent and he looked okay at Easter Road.