The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

8 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

In the last 6 months we have sold 4 players, 3 of whom were not getting a game. And the income is helping finance hopefully first pick players. Quite a turnround for us.

Realistically we can make three decent signings and maybe get a couple of loans in and keep hold of OHara , Baccus and Strain , which would give us our best ever squad in recent years .

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:

In the last 6 months we have sold 4 players, 3 of whom were not getting a game. And the income is helping finance hopefully first pick players. Quite a turnround for us.

Reading Robinson interview £200,000 is well off the mark of what the club can afford to pay for  McMenamin . Hopefully the add ons is enough to swing the deal in our favour. Can't see Main returning to Saints even if he does live local for the moment I'm sure he will end up down south or at Dundee United that's my guess. 

27 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Reading Robinson interview £200,000 is well off the mark of what the club can afford to pay for  McMenamin . Hopefully the add ons is enough to swing the deal in our favour. Can't see Main returning to Saints even if he does live local for the moment I'm sure he will end up down south or at Dundee United that's my guess. 

Dundee United where Goodwin is the manager? He froze him out at saints and was trying to ship him out until Robinson came in so I highly doubt he is going to Dundee United, he’s not Goodwin’s biggest fan.

Club telling Glentoran that they have until tomorrow to accept or reject the McMenamin bid.

Not being left hanging about here - Glentoran clearly dragging their hells to see if they can get better elsewhere and the player side of negotiations will be the easy part. He's told the club he wants to join us so we really do need to force the issue here.

19 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Club telling Glentoran that they have until tomorrow to accept or reject the McMenamin bid.

Not being left hanging about here - Glentoran clearly dragging their hells to see if they can get better elsewhere and the player side of negotiations will be the easy part. He's told the club he wants to join us so we really do need to force the issue here.

Think the player will have a chat with the chairman and force the move . The player can refuse to go to another team and play out the rest of his contract at Glentoran . We have made a fair offer , and if he is as good as they think he is , there is a good chance they will make a few bob out of a sell on fee .

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

There’s more chance of you signing for Dundee United than Curtis Main!

15 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Seeing a pattern develop with our ex manager falling out with players. 

Yeah it looks as if it’s happened everywhere he’s went.

3 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Think the player will have a chat with the chairman and force the move . The player can refuse to go to another team and play out the rest of his contract at Glentoran . We have made a fair offer , and if he is as good as they think he is , there is a good chance they will make a few bob out of a sell on fee .

I'm not sure what a fair offer is for the player. There has been plenty of debate that we accepted a low ball offer for Baccus when he only has a year left on his contract as in double standards. If his club value him higher due to his international recognition and impressive goal and assist stats I guess we just need to wait and see what is seen as acceptable.

6 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Atleast we get an answer one way or the other and can start focusing on other players. Still Hopeful McMenamin gets his debut on Saturday

Edited by Mac28

9 hours ago, Mac28 said:

Atleast we get an answer one way or the other and can start focusing on other players. Still Hopeful McMenamin gets his debut on Saturday

We pulled out of it last week only to go back in.

Edited by btb

The Glens fans seem to be a sensitive bunch because we put a deadline on the deal, our competitive season starts in 12 days so we obviously don’t want to waste time if the deal isn’t there.

I would imagine they now have an unhappy player so it will be interesting to see how that plays out for them however we move on.