The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

£200k for a 28yo whos only had a few years of full time football and never played outside NI was wild, but fucking hell is it looking like a good gamble.

Apparently he reduced his wage demands to allow you to pay a higher fee, simply to get the deal done.

It was £125k but I'm pretty sure the add-ons will be achievable and we'll end up paying the full £200k.

Not caring though, he's an absolute baller and if he stays fit is going to be worth every penny.

41 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Ayunga, McMenamin and Kiltie/Olusanya as a front three is something I'm honestly looking forward to seeing.

Jonah when he's on it is ridiculous. He's one of those players though that you know after 5 mins of a game if he's going to terrorise defenders all afternoon or if its not his day.

Been watching the Norn Irn game to see how Conor is getting on. 
Up until about 5 minutes ago he hasn’t seen much of the ball, but he just (if I’m being harsh) missed an absolute sitter, or (if I was being charitable), the defender made a great last ditch tackle. 
Most notable thing though is how terrible a game it is. 

11 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Been watching the Norn Irn game to see how Conor is getting on. 
Up until about 5 minutes ago he hasn’t seen much of the ball, but he just (if I’m being harsh) missed an absolute sitter, or (if I was being charitable), the defender made a great last ditch tackle. 
Most notable thing though is how terrible a game it is. 

Defo being a bit harsh , the defender got to the ball first & his clearance ricocheted off Conor’s shin . 

On 09/09/2023 at 10:43, Kempes said:

So, Steven Fletcher signed for…Wrexham. Well at least it’s different, and probably high profile enough for him. Might only be a supporting actor though.

If that deal has potentially been on the table for a while then it’s no surprise that he didn’t come to another Scottish team, Wrexham probably paying him crazy money.

Good indication that Utd might have also paid him a huge whack last season.

2 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

If that deal has potentially been on the table for a while

It wont have been. They tried to sign a striker on deadline day but just missed the deadline, so needed to sign a free agent striker instead, which is where Fletcher comes in.