The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This maybe a hint?

Certainly seems like it. You'd think Robinson would he experienced enough to ignore it, or challenge it in a calmer manner. Seemed to lose the head.

There are some fans that deserved to be called out though.

Prob'ly in a minority of one but I was actually heartened to see we missed a penalty yesterday as it meant we could well have had a draw.

Anyway disappointing as yesterday's result was it was an indication of how tight this division is, I'm sure there'll be a few more twists and turns between now and the end of the third series of games.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

We had people booing the team off at half time at 0-0 against Livi two weeks ago, both of our teams are probably just victims of their own recent successes. 

You'll get halfwits in every support.

However, our halfwits seem to be "par excellence" when it comes to stupidity.

Of course our strikers and others should have performed better yesterday. 

However, the team tried their heart out to win that game yesterday. It just wasn't to be.

As you say, our some of our support have very short memory when it comes to our general performance levels pre Robinson.

Ironically, they'd be the first to jump on any new manager in the event that their brain dead antics drove Robinson out of the club.

Only real issue I have with what Robinson did is it brings unwarranted attention to the vocal minority and reacting probably made the day of the guy he was having a go at. Otherwise, don’t dish it out if you can’t take it.

Not saying this guy is among them but we seem to have fans who have never taken to Robinson and pounce on the chance to blow any negative out of all proportion rather than consider the fact they might be wrong.

I was unconvinced by his first few months in charge but what he’s done since the summer of 2022 has been fantastic. He is not immune to criticism by any means but having a go at him after a result that most St Mirren fans could have seen coming a mile off is nuts.

5 hours ago, btb said:

Prob'ly in a minority of one but I was actually heartened to see we missed a penalty yesterday as it meant we could well have had a draw.

Makes no sense. If Mandron had scored his confidence would have been up and he might have scored the sitter at the end.

I don’t know who the fan concerned is, but seems to me there’s two likely scenarios. First one is he’s a moaning faced bawbag who hurls abuse at every opportunity, or two, after another of those ‘typical St Mirren’ fcuked-it-up against an opponent who couldn’t win for toffee days, the fan blurted out the wrong thing in a moment of complete frustration. It has happened to me once, and I still regret it. Went up to Tannadice under Danny Lennon once with my mate, went with our good ladies to St Andrews first, then we headed off to Dundee. All day, the traffic had conspired to fcuk us up. Roadworks, a two mile queue into St Andrews, a mad rush over to Dundee, parked miles away, sprinted to the ground, arrived five minutes after kick off, stressed, knackered, sweating. Horrible… St Mirren go 2-0 up. Not so horrible. We contrive to lose 3-2, in an utter arse collapse fashion. We get up to leave with maybe a minute to go, as we have a long hike to the car, and need to get our arses back to St Andrews first. As I get to the stairs, it just blurted out loudly ‘Cheerio Danny’. He heard it, and turned right around. I swear on my life, I just meant ‘we’re fcuking out of here, what a kunt of a day Danny’… however, the instant I shouted it, in frustration, I instantly recognised it sounded like ‘Cheerio Danny, your time is up, grab your jaiket’ etc. Instantly. Inside I went ‘aw naw, fcuking idiot poz’. Still regret it. 

Anyway, maybees the bloke concerned just had a ‘Cheerio Danny’ moment. Our journey home from St Andrews that day was shite too… but that’s hardly Danny Lennon’s fault… unless it was him who decided to smash his motor into a lamp-post on the outskirts of Cupar and fcuk up the entire day good and proper.

Edited by pozbaird

Having reflected on yesterday we need to look at things in perspective. 

We recently lost 1 nil to the blue bigots in a game we really should have taken something from.  Our strikers were not up to it that day. 

Yesterday was no different. We should have won but for poor finishing. 

The difference is losing to Rangers is seen as a hard luck story but expected. 

Losing to Livi is seen as the end of the world. 

Both games should have seen us take points. 

We are crying out for a natural penalty box striker. 

We dont have one so we will have days like yesterday. 

Getting to 5th in the league is amazing. We are used to ups and downs and it is tribute to Robbo that defeats against Livi are seen as the end of the world. 

Just watched sportscene as I did not see the Robinson incident. Hate that sort of thing especially when there is a good bond between players / staff. We don't need that sort fan that team worked their cotton socks off yesterday. Robinson snapped ? I'm not going to point the finger at him it's clear to see he will do anything to defend his players. Top man of a manager. 

6 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Read that (some of) your fans were causing some bother outside the ground yesterday. Becoming a bit of a theme.

This needs nipped on the bud the club knows what's going on, seen it with Motherwell fans in Paisley. Would hate to hear anyone innocent being caught up that nonsense . 

4 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

This needs nipped on the bud the club knows what's going on, seen it with Motherwell fans in Paisley. Would hate to hear anyone innocent being caught up that nonsense . 

Got very slightly caught up in outside SMP in December however it was mainly handbags if that at all. My dad and nephew (8) were slightly ahead of me and they had to detour away from it more than me and it’s possibly given the old boy doubts whether to take the wee man back to Paisley again soon. 

27 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

The club (and most other clubs too) have encouraged these types by treating them as wonder fans and even giving them their own part of the stadium .I presume  the club think they create an atmosphere . Personally listening to a group of kids singing and banging a drum  does nothing for me . I have grandchildren who do that. They are a bunch of immature wee neds  although you do see some people in amongst them that are a bit older. I suppose  that these are people who struggle to have any status in amongst their own age group .

The answer to this lies with the clubs themselves.

27 minutes ago, Oldchap said:

The club (and most other clubs too) have encouraged these types by treating them as wonder fans and even giving them their own part of the stadium .I presume  the club think they create an atmosphere . Personally listening to a group of kids singing and banging a drum  does nothing for me . I have grandchildren who do that. They are a bunch of immature wee neds  although you do see some people in amongst them that are a bit older. I suppose  that these are people who struggle to have any status in amongst their own age group .

The answer to this lies with the clubs themselves.

Bit harsh to say the least. These lads have been around for years now generating a brilliant atmosphere without any bother at all.

This skirmishing is a relatively recent phenomenon and I agree it absolutely  needs sorted. But the overused cliche of “small minority” definitely seems appropriate here.

You come across like a miserable auld git. 🤣

Reckon I’d rather sit next to them than you (and I don’t like sitting next to them). 

Frustrating thing for me yesterday, especially in the first half was the crossing. Tanser had totally free reign down that left hand side and constantly hit the exact same high ball to the far post. Considering all Livi defenders are over 6ft and we only had Mandron there he rarely even got near the ball. So easy for the Livi defence. I would like to see more variety like passing into the box and cut backs to the edge or low and hard across the goal. These constant crosses were a total waste of the domination that we had down that left wing.

However, rarely have I seen us dominate Livi like we did yesterday. There was simply little composure with the forwards. And I and the guys I was with were all certain Mandron was missing that penalty. His body language told us everything. Just a bad but not altogether unexpected bad day at the office.

3 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Got very slightly caught up in outside SMP in December however it was mainly handbags if that at all. My dad and nephew (8) were slightly ahead of me and they had to detour away from it more than me and it’s possibly given the old boy doubts whether to take the wee man back to Paisley again soon. 

Really sorry to hear that . The Saints balaclava ones were going to have a go at me and my mate. I'm in my 60's thy guy I was with in his late 60's and a blue card holder due to breathing difficulties. I reported it to the club and so did many others I was told. Was told it would be discussed at a board meeting. All I see balaclavas are banned from the stadium. 

11 hours ago, btb said:

Anyway disappointing as yesterday's result was it was an indication of how tight this division is, I'm sure there'll be a few more twists and turns between now and the end of the third series of games.

A bit glaikit of me, perhaps, but I have no idea what your logic is for this? 🤔

7 hours ago, Stu said:

Only real issue I have with what Robinson did is it brings unwarranted attention to the vocal minority and reacting probably made the day of the guy he was having a go at. Otherwise, don’t dish it out if you can’t take it.

Not saying this guy is among them but we seem to have fans who have never taken to Robinson and pounce on the chance to blow any negative out of all proportion rather than consider the fact they might be wrong.

I was unconvinced by his first few months in charge but what he’s done since the summer of 2022 has been fantastic. He is not immune to criticism by any means but having a go at him after a result that most St Mirren fans could have seen coming a mile off is nuts.

That guy's all over social media and was featured on the Sportscene results programme! I have also seen claims the he must have personally abused Robinson for him to react like that, but apparently he said the team have no heart. I have seen at least two different names offered for him on Twitter alone. He will have to have plastic surgery and a new identity, lest he's strung up from a lamppost on Greenhill Road!  Not defending him, but I can imagine he was airing his frustrations and Robinson, also frustrated, just snapped.

Personally, I never boo our own players. Maybe if we were to get pumped off Clyde at home in the Cup I might, but everyone has a bad day and this team is exceptional.

8 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

A bit glaikit of me, perhaps, but I have no idea what your logic is for this? 🤔

That guy's all over social media and was featured on the Sportscene results programme! I have also seen claims the he must have personally abused Robinson for him to react like that, but apparently he said the team have no heart. I have seen at least two different names offered for him on Twitter alone. He will have to have plastic surgery and a new identity, lest he's strung up from a lamppost on Greenhill Road!  Not defending him, but I can imagine he was airing his frustrations and Robinson, also frustrated, just snapped.

Personally, I never boo our own players. Maybe if we were to get pumped off Clyde at home in the Cup I might, but everyone has a bad day and this team is exceptional.

Looks like Robinson responded more to the stupidity of the comment rather than anything else. If you watch our team regularly, the one thing that this team most certainly doesn't lack is a fighting spirit.

Now maybe if he'd said that our strikers couldn't hit a coo's arse with a banjo............................

51 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Really sorry to hear that . The Saints balaclava ones were going to have a go at me and my mate. I'm in my 60's thy guy I was with in his late 60's and a blue card holder due to breathing difficulties. I reported it to the club and so did many others I was told. Was told it would be discussed at a board meeting. All I see balaclavas are banned from the stadium. 

Don't remember St Mirren ever really being like that until a couple of years back when away supporters weren't allowed to leave to ground until about 10 minutes after the game finished in case of incidents outside of the ground. Don't think I've seen any trouble there though - mind you although I'm in my late 60's now my two son's are each built like the proverbial brick sh#thouses. Its a weird one; seems only yesterday I was the one looking after them.