The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

27 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I got mine today.

The target is 4,000 I believe. Be brilliant if we can achieve that.

Anyone in the know re: when the new kits will be released?

… in time for European football on July 25th. 😎

No matchday thread for Celtic v Us tomorrow? Good. Let a green arse cheek start one then no-one post in it… IMHO.

6 hours ago, tam the bud said:

With me not being very tech on the laptop, i was doing ok till they wanted a photo, why for a renewal ?

A renewal should be simple as ticking a box if all your details are the same as last season.

Wee wait at the ticket office and i notice nearly all the people in front of me were old farts like myself, looks like i wasn't the only diddy in pc ability  😇

A photo for the new season ticket? 

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

… in time for European football on July 25th. 😎

No matchday thread for Celtic v Us tomorrow? Good. Let a green arse cheek start one then no-one post in it… IMHO.

I dont think i'm the only one who has no interest in the result tomorrow. We've achieved what we wanted to, we could be scudded tomorrow and I wouldnt be that bothered.

Maybe Celtic players will all still be pished, we win 3-0 and Saints fans will still be singing about it for more than 30 years...

13 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Agree it was a great move but I was at Montrose and Gallagher and Dunne had absolute mares that day. I think Robbo had seen enough between that and pre season to realise he could move him on and bring someone better in (Bolton) for a net gain or at worse break even

I'd need to go back and check but from memory I thought Gallacher had missed quite a few games at the end of the previous season due to injury, and the chat was the classic "he just needs a good pre-season".

I wasn't at the Montrose game but I do remember the reports of how bad we were, so maybe a mix of the two and Robinson realising this wasn't going to work.

It'll certainly be interesting to see if Goodwin persists with him in the Premiership. A look through the United thread and they don't seem overly enamoured by his performances.

11 hours ago, Mistermark 75 said:

Think I remember Junior Mendez scoring a hat trick against airdrie (?) at broadwood in this strip. 

He scored two hat-tricks at Broadwood, coincidentally both in light blue strips!

The Airdrie one was in 1997-98, there was also one against Clyde in 2002-03.

9 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

A photo for the new season ticket? 

Was ask to load 1 up. Don't know why unless it was because it was a concession ticket i was buying. As you well know, i look years younger than what i am  😜

19 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

Was ask to load 1 up. Don't know why unless it was because it was a concession ticket i was buying. As you well know, i look years younger than what i am  😜

Obviously 🤭

3 hours ago, Stu said:

He scored two hat-tricks at Broadwood, coincidentally both in light blue strips!

The Airdrie one was in 1997-98, there was also one against Clyde in 2002-03.

Cheers aye it was the airdrie one I remembered. Great wee day. 

Strain bombed out today and Wednesday; Baccus starts in both.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but is there a glimmer of hope Baccus might stay?

I suppose it could just be down to attitude or application in training, but seems a bit odd if he's definitely away. Could have given CBM, Scott or Jamieson more game time instead.

Also thought Urminsky might get a start today but not to be. Might be trying to keep Hemming happy with there being a contract offer for him on the table.

O'Carrol saying here that Dunne is away (as well as the two Aussies). No indication of whether it's his or the club's decision:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/renfrewshire/st-mirren-trio-set-buddies-32835929

As for the away kit, not really a fan of the light blue (although doesn't look too bad on the training kit). Would prefer we stay away from blue or green to be honest, although an Inter Milan style strip would be quite cool. If it's not going to be red or black, have something a bit wild like pink or purple - or something like the yellow kit poz was involved in a decade ago.

Right. Now the dust has settled.

I know that there were some of our own support who were sceptical when Tony Fitzpatrick said our aim was top six and European football.

However, I think it's time to call out the fannies from other teams and the pundits in the media that pointed and laughed at him.:)

GIRUY!

25 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Right. Now the dust has settled.

I know that there were some of our own support who were sceptical when Tony Fitzpatrick said our aim was top six and European football.

However, I think it's time to call out the fannies from other teams and the pundits in the media that pointed and laughed at him.:)

GIRUY!

Spot on. Give it large to Tom English

On 16/05/2024 at 07:55, GAD said:

The boo boys have really got it in for him and unfortunately looks like they are not going to give an inch in the relentless criticism. Why these guys need a player like that to target and try and drive out the club every season I don't know, but it's pretty sad tbh. At least they've moved on from McMenamin a bit now I suppose.

My first experience of the boo boys targeting a Saints player was Billy Stark who scored a total of 84 goals.
The only player since the mid 70s who has out scored Billy was Frank McGarvey. The bulk of those goals were in the top flight. 

IMG_0192.thumb.webp.30fc205caeb19b8af2f1ab6038284d24.webp